Grimm Forum
S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot (/Thread-S6E02-Trust-Me-Knot)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Purity - 01-13-2017

I do not think the stick is from Christ cross. The story of that stick will be religious based yes, so far it all looks bleak. The reason I say this is, we have known the Grimm creative team not make it that easy for viewers to guess things right. It will be just too easy if the stick was part of Christ Cross.

(01-13-2017, 11:00 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: It's obviously Sauron's ring mandrel.
Big Grin Big Grin haha....

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - syscrash - 01-13-2017

I am not sure what the writers are doing. They are making Diana really interesting by tying her to the cloth and stick. They are making Nick even more of an idiot that keeps getting lucky. Having him fall under the control of the stick just makes him seem even weaker.

What are they doing to Eve. Episode one they take her powers but give her the ability to see the symbol's. Episode two they take that away and give her an identity complex. Season 5 Eve was good at being proactive. Season 6 she is nothing but a follower. Twice she tried to be assertive. But until Trubel agreed Nick refused to listen. Had the been season 5 she would have ignored Nick rejection. Now it seems to bother her.

The Nick and Adalind relationship is even less definitive then it was in season 5. Nick tells her meet him where she said she loves him. But when he tells her she has to go back to Sean's. Even though she is upset about having to go. She looks to him for comfort yet Nick ignores her. Would it have hurt him to give her a hug before sending her off. Plus Nick is sending her back to Sean after she helps Nick try and trick Sean. Why would Nick not think Sean would retaliate. He has Sean while with Sean Adalind has bruises on her neck. Why would Nick not think that Sean would threaten Adalind to get to Nick.

Why wouldn't Adalind tell Sean if he did not want to end up like Racheal and Conrad then he better back off. She did not even bring up to Sean why would she help him out of jail knowing he wants to kill Nick. Wu had no problem telling Sean what ever happens to Nick will happen to him. He also said Sean come after him only one of them is walking out of their. I Adalind loves Nick so much. Then why not stand up for him.

I was really disappointed how they wrote Trubel's exit. I sure hope they bring her back for the finale. When Trubel left with Josh they made it an emotional goodbye.

This three episode arc showed no creativity. This just drug out something they could have done in one episode. The only character that had any growth was Diana. All the others seemed to go backward. Eve has less power or operational skills. They make Adalind a lawyer. The show creates a number of legal issues. They only use Adalind to create an alibi. Why not let Adalind argue the case to get Sean released. If not argue the case find a legal loop hole. They let Juliette use her vet skills in past seasons.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Purity - 01-14-2017

(01-13-2017, 11:42 PM)syscrash Wrote: The Nick and Adalind relationship is even less definitive then it was in season 5. Nick tells her meet him where she said she loves him. But when he tells her she has to go back to Sean's. Even though she is upset about having to go. She looks to him for comfort yet Nick ignores her. Would it have hurt him to give her a hug before sending her off. Plus Nick is sending her back to Sean after she helps Nick try and trick Sean. Why would Nick not think Sean would retaliate. He has Sean while with Sean Adalind has bruises on her neck. Why would Nick not think that Sean would threaten Adalind to get to Nick.

The only thing I can say here is, Nick actually is protecting her and the Children by asking her for the time being to stay at Saun's place. If she runs with him, Saun will not only go after him but her too, risking their children.

Also he refused to join Trubel as both Adalind and him looked at each other when Trubel popped that question to leave to HW.

So yeh, he cares well enough not to abandon them and keep them away from harms way as he (Nick) is still on the run. So far its the best option since thier first plan did not work out, so Nick has to now take drastic measures to make sure thier second plan works. Remember, all this is happening within a day. So the next episode we see will be the continuation from where they stopped. Adalind will not stay at Sauns' for weeks but most likely a day or 2 while Nick does something he never thought he would do. Remember, both women in his life have done the same, transform to someone else. It is Nick's turn now, "the Irony" Smile Seems like our dear Nick is evolving. Smile

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - degrimm - 01-14-2017

Wow season 6 with 2 episodes in, it has been a blast- he says sarcastically .And really people want a season 7 for this show. I couldn't wait for it to end. The only reason I'm still watching it is cos I've poured 5 years into it

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - syscrash - 01-14-2017

It makes sense for Nick to want to remove Adalind from the line of fire. But sending her back to Sean's. He may lock her up and she would be not able to leave. With Sean's political power he could have her thrown in jail. After pissing Sean off by one not wanting to help him until Nick asked her. Then for Adalind to try and trap Sean with the trust me knot. It would be safer to hide out with Eve then to go back to Sean. Sean has shown over and over again. He is a vengeful individual and no one is off limits.

Of course the repercussions are only speculations because we know in episode three there is a truce. But there is an image where Adalind seems to be blocking her door and looks scared.

(01-14-2017, 12:32 AM)syscrash Wrote: It makes sense for Nick to want to remove Adalind from the line of fire. But sending her back to Sean's. He may lock her up and she would be not able to leave. With Sean's political power he could have her thrown in jail. After pissing Sean off by one not wanting to help him until Nick asked her. Then for Adalind to try and trap Sean with the trust me knot. It would be safer to hide out with Eve then to go back to Sean. Sean has shown over and over again. He is a vengeful individual and no one is off limits.

Of course the repercussions are only speculations because we know in episode three there is a truce. But there is an image where Adalind seems to be blocking her door and looks scared.

Yes, it is very possible he will threaten Adalind as the images below...But if he does this, this could be the very reason why Diana pushed Saun in the spice shop & followed her mum to stay with Nick in ep.4. Likely Adalind took the kids and ran to find a safe haven in the spice shop after Sauns threats, when Nick was on mission. I am guessing the creative team needed to jump start a strong reason so Diana will in the future call Nicks Fome a home.
But again, just speculations.
Third picture were Diana decided to go all non-kumbaya on her daddy Renard.

[Image: image.png]

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-14-2017

Well, she was. Except that Renard was the one who pulled the fast one.

We should have seen it coming, though. If the deal had gone through, there wouldn't be any need for Nick to snort the hat next week.

Something else caught my eye. Now this might just be me alone, but did anyone else feel there was something off about Trubel's acting and appearances? Not like the rough looking Trubel we have come to know from S3-S5.

In S6, she looks like she just went to a hair dressing salon and sanitary before joining the Scoobies for battle. She does not look like that rough untidy battle ready Grimm.

S6 Pic

S5 Pic

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - rpmaluki - 01-14-2017

Yeah Renard doesn’t like someone else being in the driver's seat. I knew he'd wrangle himself out of that binding spell, he's not stupid.

I can't get over Nick's smugness as he told Renard "She didn’t turn ME down," it was no doubt a double meaning that I don't think was lost to Renard though I don't see why he'd care about Adalind choosing Nick. However, his prissy remark when Adalind appears probably says he cares a lot more than he'd like to admit.

Loved Diana and Monroe, more please.

I HATE that even with the last season they refuse to keep Trubel in Portland and using the HW plot contrivance rather than fork out the cash to make her a regular. It's a travesty imo because I know I'd rather watch her over Eve/Juliette any day.

(01-14-2017, 01:49 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I can't get over Nick's smugness as he told Renard "She didn’t turn ME down," it was no doubt a double meaning that I don't think was lost to Renard though I don't see why he'd care about Adalind choosing Nick. However, his prissy remark when Adalind appears probably says he cares a lot more than he'd like to admit.

I could never forget that part too, when Nick telling Renard "She didn’t turn ME down,"....hahaha, that was refrshing. Made me laugh.

You could be right, that Renard may have a bit care for Adalind, but this could have transpired because it seems he understood that his options were running thin so as his old time allies/friends were no more. People who really understood him and helped him in the past. It could be him feeling vunerable at that moment.

BC are not his friends, I believe he knows that too, he knows he is part of a tool for a bigger agenda. If he does make a mistake, he may not live to see the next day.