Grimm Forum
S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot (/Thread-S6E02-Trust-Me-Knot)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - MarylikesGrimm - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 12:07 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 11:53 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Do you really believe Adalind would put Nick's life on the line for some testimony to reinstate him back to his job?

Adalind does not know about the stick so she thinks Nick's life is in danger now.

So then why would she put his life in further danger by concocting a spell that would end his life if he makes the wrong decision?

Nick's life would only be in danger if Adalind refused to testify which she believed she would never do.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - wfmyers1207 - 01-15-2017

(01-14-2017, 07:00 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Loved the episode, but as usual, too much got by me and I have to rewatch to piece stuff together.

Everyone looks good to me this season. Do notice the biggest change in appearance is Trubel's; she's matured. Keep forgetting how statuesque she is until the camera catches it from time to time.

Does anyone remember if anyone has ever touched the stick other than Nick? It has touched people, but they have never actually held it themselves to my memory. Maybe others have tried to in the past and gotten repelled by it, maybe that's why Trubel advised Eve not to try to touch it, but I can't remember.

Nick is definitely under its thrall, imo. That's never a good thing. It's significant to me that Eve is warning Nick not to get too physically close to the object; she senses the danger, imo.

But it seems custom-made for someone like little Miss Lavender Eyes. Getting the feeling that she is the only one who can use it without its taking possession of its holder. So maybe it's a good thing she's being accepted into the group and learning to trust somewhat. Guess we'll see.

Imo, Eve is getting stronger and definitely not taking a back seat to Nick or any other player. She's weak from her experience with the stick, and she's also different because of that experience. But it seems to have heightened her instincts about things; she's the one who can see the otherwise invisible markings on the cloth (before Diana), she is the one who knew that cloth held some important information about its and the stick's powers, and she's trying to warn Nick against some of the possible effects of the stick. She also has plenty to say about what's going on and no one seems to be dismissing her input.

Diana likes Kelly, so happy for him. Big Grin

Re your comment about Truble. It also noticed this episode just what a statuesque and striking young woman JT has become. I think she must have grown a couple of inches since she joined the show. She is nearly as tall as David G. and half a head over the other ladies in the cast.

Plus she is at that age where women develop their "woman's body" for lack of a better term. They lose the baby fat and baby face and look like the woman they will be. Smile

I hope that @hexenadler may be right and we will see her again in the series finale.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - rpmaluki - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 12:04 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 12:00 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Nick asked Adalind, she didn't offer. As far as she knew, if all went according to plan, Nick would be free and he made her believe it so she agreed to be Renard's alibi after already turning him down earlier. Nick is asking her to perjur herself, so they are both risking themselves.

Other than seeing some of the symbol on the cloth, we don't know if Eve has access to her hexenbiest abilities.

Next show she makes a potion for Nick.
She didn’t have to woge to do that. Adalind cooked up a coma/memory spell without her powers. The blood oath was done with a full woge, not every spell is performed the same or can be performed by anyone besides a hexenbiest.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - irukandji - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 12:08 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 12:04 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 12:00 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Nick asked Adalind, she didn't offer. As far as she knew, if all went according to plan, Nick would be free and he made her believe it so she agreed to be Renard's alibi after already turning him down earlier. Nick is asking her to perjur herself, so they are both risking themselves.

Other than seeing some of the symbol on the cloth, we don't know if Eve has access to her hexenbiest abilities.

Eve has her memories, otherwise she wouldn't have been trying to woge at Bud's shop.
It may not be about her memories but about her capabilities. She can't woge (at least not well and without causing herself pain) because something is blocking it, in her own words. So what more could be "blocked"? Adalind woged to perform the spell, maybe a full woge is needed to enact the the trust rope spell.

She might not, but we don't know because Nick never asked. He didn't even solicit the scoobies on this one. He's a methodical guy. It doesn't make sense he would go to Adalind first.

It doesn't make sense but he did ask. Maybe he'd already discussed it with them first and they told him they couldn't do it so he turned to Adalind (last). We don't know for sure apart from what played on screen.

(01-15-2017, 12:10 PM)irukandji Wrote: She might not, but we don't know because Nick never asked. He didn't even solicit the scoobies on this one. He's a methodical guy. It doesn't make sense he would go to Adalind first.

Adalind has the most knowledge about Sean outside of work in the group and she is a wesen lawyer. He was right to call her on this issue. The fact that Sean had talked to her about a related issue already proves that it made sense to call Adalind.

(01-15-2017, 12:10 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: She didn’t have to woge to do that. Adalind cooked up a coma/memory spell without her powers. The blood oath was done with a full woge, not every spell is performed the same or can be performed by anyone besides a hexenbiest.

Adalind needed a magical cat for that potion to work. Sean's mom said transformation potion was a more complex one and that potion came from a hexenbiest spell book.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Kwu9888 - 01-15-2017

I just wanted to say after rewatching that episode I think the sweetest, sexiest, and most telling thing I ever heard or seen Nick do was when he told Adalind were she should meet him, just amazingly enduring to my heart in hopes that they end up together with their son. ( I do know it was written by someone else but gotta say loved it )

Need to ad am at work right now I work 12 shifts in the intensive care unit at large hospital and we were all just talking about the show and that came to me so wanted to share

Need to ad am at work right now I work 12 shifts in the intensive care unit at large hospital and we were all just talking about the show and that came to me so wanted to share

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-15-2017

Since when is Nick methodical? It's always seemed to me as if he's just making it up as he goes.

(01-15-2017, 12:15 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 12:10 PM)irukandji Wrote: She might not, but we don't know because Nick never asked. He didn't even solicit the scoobies on this one. He's a methodical guy. It doesn't make sense he would go to Adalind first.

Adalind has the most knowledge about Sean outside of work in the group and she is a wesen lawyer. He was right to call her on this issue. The fact that Sean had talked to her about a related issue already proves that it made sense to call Adalind.

(01-15-2017, 12:10 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: She didn’t have to woge to do that. Adalind cooked up a coma/memory spell without her powers. The blood oath was done with a full woge, not every spell is performed the same or can be performed by anyone besides a hexenbiest.

Adalind needed a magical cat for that potion to work.
I think she imbued her cat with the spell as a means to deliver it to Juliette because she was a vet. It's described as such on the Grimm wiki page.

(01-15-2017, 12:23 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 12:15 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:

Adalind needed a magical cat for that potion to work.
I think she imbued her cat with the spell as a means to deliver it to Juliette because she was a vet. It's described as such on the Grimm wiki page.
Sean's mom said transformation potion was a more complex one and that potion came from a hexenbiest spell book.