Grimm Forum
S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot (/Thread-S6E02-Trust-Me-Knot)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - irukandji - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 11:25 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: But because Renard was cleared of all changed and thus Adalind wasn't needed, he didn't have to fulfill his end either. He found a loophole around the oath because of it's narrow and basic wording and effectively releasing both men from the oath.

I think that was Adalind's intent all along. If she testified, then that resolves the matter. If she didn't, then it meant one or both of the men were working on plans to circumvent the necessity for the testimony anyway. That's why she didn't force the men to "sign" the knot. She signed it instead.

When I think about it, Nick never really needed Adalind's help in the first place. He had the scoobies, who've never let him down before. He also has Eve, who has the hexenbiest connection.

And really, why would he want to be reinstated on the force anyway? He's a marked man.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - syscrash - 01-15-2017

Quote:At that point, they believed that Adalind's testimony was Sean's only hope. A reasonable assumption in their minds, because why would he have asked her if he had other options? And if Sean didn't get cleared, he wouldn't be in any position to drop charges and reinstate Nick.
Sean is the one who thought Adalind testimony would clear him. Even Hank did not think it would work. That is why he made the comment they would believe someone as pretty as Adalind.
Where Adalind made a mistake was not making the deal to agree to testify. Instead of making it that she will testify. As I posted before. She is a contract lawyer. To have Sean out smart her on a contract. Does not say much for her abilities as a lawyer.

Just because Sean is under a grand jury investigation does not mean he loses his abilities as the police captain. The police commission would have to suspend him first. We had a sitting president that was under a grand jury investigation.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - rpmaluki - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 11:33 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 11:25 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: But because Renard was cleared of all changed and thus Adalind wasn't needed, he didn't have to fulfill his end either. He found a loophole around the oath because of it's narrow and basic wording and effectively releasing both men from the oath.

I think that was Adalind's intent all along. If she testified, then that resolves the matter. If she didn't, then it meant one or both of the men were working on plans to circumvent the necessity for the testimony anyway. That's why she didn't force the men to "sign" the knot. She signed it instead.

When I think about it, Nick never really needed Adalind's help in the first place. He had the scoobies, who've never let him down before. He also has Eve, who has the hexenbiest connection.
No. Renard practically rigged the court proceedings with BC cronies, Adalind was under the impression it was legit and had it been it wouldn't have happened as quickly as it did, hence her shock when Hank called. All she had to do was say she was his alibi, whether the court found him innocent wasn’t her problem or concern. The rest of you statement doesn't make sense.

Nick didn't need Adalind to enact the spell, any hexenbiest would do. He asked Adalind if not her it wouldn't be Eve who is currently malfunctioning at the moment (she can't woge proper because something (the stick) is blocking some of her hexenbiest abilities) so he'd need someone else and the only person not dead is Sean's mother. The rest of the scoobies can't perform every spell, they aren't hexenbiests or else Adalind wouldn’t have been called to do the spell in the first place.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - MarylikesGrimm - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 11:51 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 11:46 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: No. Renard practically rigged the court proceedings with BC cronies, Adalind was under the impression it was legit and had it been it wouldn't have happened as quickly as it did, hence her shock when Hank called. All she had to do was say she was his alibi, whether the court found him innocent wasn’t her problem or concern. The rest of you statement doesn't make sense.

Nick didn't need Adalind to enact the spell, any hexenbiest would do. He asked Adalind if not her it wouldn't be Eve who is currently malfunctioning at the moment (she can't woge proper because something (the stick) is blocking some of her hexenbiest abilities) so he'd need someone else and the only person not dead is Sean's mother. The rest of the scoobies can't perform every spell, they aren't hexenbiests or else Adalind wouldn’t have been called to do the spell in the first place.

Do you really believe Adalind would put Nick's life on the line for some testimony to reinstate him back to his job?

Adalind does not know about the stick so she thinks Nick's life is in danger now.

(01-15-2017, 11:46 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 11:33 AM)irukandji Wrote:

No. Renard practically rigged the court proceedings with BC cronies, Adalind was under the impression it was legit and had it been it wouldn't have happened as quickly as it did, hence her shock when Hank called. All she had to do was say she was his alibi, whether the court found him innocent wasn’t her problem or concern. The rest of you statement doesn't make sense.

I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about Nick contacting Adalind regarding the trust me knot spell. Nick could have worked with the scoobies or talked to Eve about hexenbiest ways to get the testimony he needed. He's never solicited Adalind for her input before, there was no need to at that point.

Nick asked Adalind, she didn't offer. As far as she knew, if all went according to plan, Nick would be free and he made her believe it so she agreed to be Renard's alibi after already turning him down earlier. Nick is asking her to perjur herself, so they are both risking themselves.

Other than seeing some of the symbol on the cloth, we don't know if Eve has access to her hexenbiest abilities.

Nick is a marked man because Renard made him so by framing him. If Renard held up his end of the oath of clearing him, why wouldn't Nick go back to his job?

(01-15-2017, 12:00 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Nick asked Adalind, she didn't offer. As far as she knew, if all went according to plan, Nick would be free and he made her believe it so she agreed to be Renard's alibi after already turning him down earlier. Nick is asking her to perjur herself, so they are both risking themselves.

Other than seeing some of the symbol on the cloth, we don't know if Eve has access to her hexenbiest abilities.

Eve has her memories, otherwise she wouldn't have been trying to woge at Bud's shop.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - MarylikesGrimm - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 12:00 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Nick asked Adalind, she didn't offer. As far as she knew, if all went according to plan, Nick would be free and he made her believe it so she agreed to be Renard's alibi after already turning him down earlier. Nick is asking her to perjur herself, so they are both risking themselves.

Next show she makes a potion for Nick.

(01-15-2017, 11:53 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Do you really believe Adalind would put Nick's life on the line for some testimony to reinstate him back to his job?

Adalind does not know about the stick so she thinks Nick's life is in danger now.

So then why would she put his life in further danger by concocting a spell that would end his life if he makes the wrong decision?

(01-15-2017, 12:04 PM)irukandji Wrote:

Eve has her memories, otherwise she wouldn't have been trying to woge at Bud's shop.
It may not be about her memories but about her capabilities. She can't woge (at least not well and without causing herself pain) because something is blocking it, in her own words. So what more could be "blocked"? Adalind woged to perform the spell, maybe a full woge is needed to enact the the trust rope spell.