Grimm Forum
S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot (/Thread-S6E02-Trust-Me-Knot)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 10:07 AM)irukandji Wrote: All I said was that Adalind knows neither man is going to keep his word so she changed the spell. That doesn't equate to her thinking Nick is a lying scumbag at all. Not sure what you're getting at here, but I wanted to clarify as it appears you misunderstood my point. In other words, what I think about Nick has nothing to do with this post.

Oh. Well, what I'm getting at is that it appears to me that ywhat you think of Nick seems to color just about every post you make that even remotely involves him.

But in this case, Nick's word was that he would agree to Adalind testifying. It wasn't even that he would make sure that she did. In order for him to break that word, he would have had to actually try to stop her from doing it. So if anything, Adalind tried to word the spell in a way that couldn't possibly go against Nick, but just blew it by making Renard's promise conditioned on him being cleared of the charges because of her testimony.

Things would have gone better if she'd ended the war beftween them by making them both promise to protect each other from harm. I think Nick could have lived with giving up whatever desire he may have to kill Sean, and if Sean had refused the oath, Hank and Wu could have just shot him and dumped his body in the storm drain.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Purity - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 10:07 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 10:01 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I know you think Nick is a corrupt, lying scumbag, but I don't think Adalind shares your opinion of him.

All I said was that Adalind knows neither man is going to keep his word so she changed the spell. That doesn't equate to her thinking Nick is a lying scumbag at all. Not sure what you're getting at here, but I wanted to clarify as it appears you misunderstood my point. In other words, what I think about Nick has nothing to do with this post.

Adalind never changed her spell. Remember, Renard mentioned he knows how the spell works, we assume he would be aware if she changed the spell. Even if this was not so,
Adalind would never hurt Nick with the spell, she would have hurt Renard but she respected Nick and his request when he asked her not to. She really has shown her love/ respect for him, she listens to him too and she does not look like some who wants to go backwards since so much has evolved around and in her life that such risks she dare not take.
Let us take the ring for instance, by now the old Adalind would be running about looking for a way to take it off even to hurting others in the process, She is no longer that person she was, she knows the risks, and importantly, she agrees with Nick, they will both figure out how to take the ring spell out once the Renard issue is sorted.
Point is, she put her heart out there for Nick and she really trusts him. Even with thier kids. She will never trust leaving the kids with Renards and his goons.
I can agree with you one way with her not trusting one of the men...
she hates and does not trust Renard, yes this I agree. She loves Nick and trusts him and has no plan to hurt him, this I agree too.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - irukandji - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 10:39 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: There's nothing to support your point of view that Adalind changed the spell when the spell was still depended on the men to act out, her testimony is Nick's part of the oath which "he" fulfilled because if she didn't, as Syscrash pointed out, it would be Adalind's blood that condemns Nick to death. Sean’s important to Diana, not to Adalind, she literally threatened him last week.

Actually, there are a couple of things. She told Nick that whoever signs the Trust Me Know has to do what they promise or they choke to death. She asked Renard if he knew how the Trust Me Knot worked. He replied, "sort of". She didn't explain how it worked other than it was a blood oath and the first to break it dies.

We know a signing has to be done in blood. Adalind was forced to sign the contract with Stefania in her own blood. Pech couldn't sign it for her and Stefania couldn't sign it for her even though both are hexenbiests.

So who "signed the knot"? The only one I know of would be Adalind. She made a blood oath with herself, not with either man.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - syscrash - 01-15-2017

Adalind only agreed to testify in Sean favor. She did not agree that her testimony would clear him. If they had intended to free Sean that would have been the agreement instead of it being to testify.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - rpmaluki - 01-15-2017

Again, what would be the point if Sean was exempt from fulfilling his end had she testified if the oath is as you say? It would have been null and void at best or worse, cause either guy to die because she fudged the spell against what the two men agree to. She might be thrilled with Sean dying but she'd never risk Nick. Making the deal with herself = neither guy is bound, so no deal and if that was the case why did we have to watch her worrying about getting to court after Hank called if she knew the oath was invalid between the two, since they aren't the ones bound and therefore not suffer the death promised in the spell, which is what your post implies.

And blood curses on the show aren't the same. The show has never said there's one way to uses hexenbiest blood be it in uses or contract signing or blood oaths.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - irukandji - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 11:16 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: Making the deal with herself = neither guy is bound, so no deal and if that was the case why did we have to watch her worrying about getting to court after Hank called if she knew the oath was invalid between the two, since they aren't the ones bound and therefore not suffer the death promised in the spell, which is what your post implies.

So you're saying the choking death was inevitable, is that it?

That's the idea, yes. If Nick changed his mind at the last minute and told Adalind he didn't want her to testify, he'd die. If Adalind testified and Sean didn't drop the charges and reinstate Nick, he'd die. She just didn't allow in the oaths for the possibility that Sean might get off without her testimony. Bad lawyering on her part.

If the men broke the oath, yes, i.e. if Nick prevented Adalind from testifying, which we know he didn't and therefore he "fulfilled" his part of providing an alibi (Adalind) for Renard. But because Renard was cleared of all changed and thus Adalind wasn't needed, he didn't have to fulfill his end either. He found a loophole around the oath because of it's narrow and basic wording and effectively releasing both men from the oath.

(01-15-2017, 11:07 AM)syscrash Wrote: Adalind only agreed to testify in Sean favor. She did not agree that her testimony would clear him. If they had intended to free Sean that would have been the agreement instead of it being to testify.

At that point, they believed that Adalind's testimony was Sean's only hope. A reasonable assumption in their minds, because why would he have asked her if he had other options? And if Sean didn't get cleared, he wouldn't be in any position to drop charges and reinstate Nick.

The oath was a badly conceived plot, probably thrown together to pad the episode count before episode 3. It was completely unnecessary since we ended up where we began.