Grimm Forum
S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot (/Thread-S6E02-Trust-Me-Knot)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - irukandji - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 09:41 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I think her blood is what bound them to the oath. Forgetting Sean's duplicity here, he and Nick both needed the other to fulfill the oath.

I agree with the other posts that state blood is a critical element in spells. But I also believe a hexenbiest can't just submit her blood to any spell and it will work. Adalind needed her own blood to bind Hank to her. If it was simply a matter of hexenbiest blood, then Wu wouldn't have been eating carpet and nails. He'd have been enamored of Adalind, just like Hank.

In the case of Sean's kiss, it wasn't Catherine's blood that broke the bond between Sean and Juliette. It was Nick's blood. Nick's blood bound Juliette back to him just like she was bound to him before.

If we're to believe Grimm, blood oaths are serious business. Yet where was there a blood oath between Nick and Renard? They did not share their own blood to signify a pact to trust one another. Adalind officiated the ritual and used her own blood instead.

There's a lot more at stake for Adalind than whether Renard is declared innocent or Nick gets reinstated back to the force free and clear. Both men mean something in her life. I think she changed the ritual because she knew neither man would hold to his word.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-15-2017

Nick's promise here was that he'd agree to Adalind testifying for Sean. Which he already kept. I know you think Nick is a corrupt, lying scumbag, but I don't think Adalind shares your opinion of him.

(01-15-2017, 10:01 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I know you think Nick is a corrupt, lying scumbag, but I don't think Adalind shares your opinion of him.

All I said was that Adalind knows neither man is going to keep his word so she changed the spell. That doesn't equate to her thinking Nick is a lying scumbag at all. Not sure what you're getting at here, but I wanted to clarify as it appears you misunderstood my point. In other words, what I think about Nick has nothing to do with this post.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - rpmaluki - 01-15-2017

You forget that Adalind still has traces of Nick's blood in her but even then she's still the facilitator between the two, it's just that Nick part involves her going to court to testify. He fulfilled his part. She went there with the intention to testify. Adalind would never have reneged on going because Nick's freedom depended on her going to court and claiming to be Renard's alibi. It was Hank who made them aware of the convening of court. Had she not shown up in time, the noose would have wrapped itself around Nick, which was probably Renard's bonus besides being cleared of all charges by using his BC connections.

(01-15-2017, 10:07 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 10:01 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I know you think Nick is a corrupt, lying scumbag, but I don't think Adalind shares your opinion of him.

All I said was that Adalind knows neither man is going to keep his word so she changed the spell. That doesn't equate to her thinking Nick is a lying scumbag at all. Not sure what you're getting at here, but I wanted to clarify as it appears you misunderstood my point. In other words, what I think about Nick has nothing to do with this post.
if that was the case, Adalind wouldn’t have rushed to court if it was all for naught anyway. What would be the point of trying to keep an oath that's already invalid?

(01-15-2017, 10:09 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: You forget that Adalind still has traces of Nick's blood in her....

I would like to hear the rest of what you were going to say here about the traces of each other's blood in Adalind and Nick.

(01-15-2017, 10:09 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: but even then she's still the facilitator between the two, it's just that Nick part involves her going to court to testify. He fulfilled his part. She went there with the intention to testify. Adalind would never have reneged on going because Nick's freedom depended on her going to court and claiming to be Renard's alibi. It was Hank who made them aware of the convening of court. Had she not shown up in time, the noose would have wrapped itself around Nick, which was probably Renard's bonus besides being cleared of all charges by using his BC connections.

I know all of this. I saw the entire episode yesterday. I don't think Adalind reneged on Nick or on Renard. I think she changed the spell because she knows neither man is known for keeping his word. Both are cunning who often change outcomes of given situations. But she doesn't want to see either one of them dead. This I do believe.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - syscrash - 01-15-2017

The rope and spell is what bond them. Her blood is what enacts the consequence. Did you notice the noose was red from her blood. It was her blood that traveled to the ends of the rope to each participant and bound them to the noose. It would have been her blood that that killed the one that broke the agreement. So basically if Nick had broke the promise Adalind would have caused his death.

That may have been why she said it the way she did. That Nicks part was to get her to provide and alibi and not to free Sean. They had intended to see Sean found guilty. They only agreed for Adalind to testify not to make them believe her.

All I'm saying is I don't believe Adalind would take the risk of enforcing such a terrible spell on two men who are an important part of her life. I don't buy it. She's supposedly changed for the good.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - syscrash - 01-15-2017

Sean is not an important part of her life. She wants him dead. She said she would kill him. Nick is the one that told her not to unless he dies.

There are a number of ways that Adalind could have worded her testimony and not perjured herself plus upheld the pact.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - rpmaluki - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 10:19 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 10:09 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: You forget that Adalind still has traces of Nick's blood in her....

I would like to hear the rest of what you were going to say here about the traces of each other's blood in Adalind and Nick.

(01-15-2017, 10:09 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: but even then she's still the facilitator between the two, it's just that Nick part involves her going to court to testify. He fulfilled his part. She went there with the intention to testify. Adalind would never have reneged on going because Nick's freedom depended on her going to court and claiming to be Renard's alibi. It was Hank who made them aware of the convening of court. Had she not shown up in time, the noose would have wrapped itself around Nick, which was probably Renard's bonus besides being cleared of all charges by using his BC connections.

I know all of this. I saw the entire episode yesterday. I don't think Adalind reneged on Nick or on Renard. I think she changed the spell because she knows neither man is known for keeping his word. Both are cunning who often change outcomes of given situations. But she doesn't want to see either one of them dead. This I do believe.
In a previous post you mentioned that neither gentleman's blood was used for the spell, if you had to be technical, traces of Nick's blood were used but that wasn't the point of the scene. There's no definitive/singular way to use blood in curses or oaths on this show. To expect it to play out one way and disregard what actually happened is a waste. There's nothing to support your point of view that Adalind changed the spell when the spell was still depended on the men to act out, her testimony is Nick's part of the oath which "he" fulfilled because if she didn't, as Syscrash pointed out, it would be Adalind's blood that condemns Nick to death. Sean’s important to Diana, not to Adalind, she literally threatened him last week.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Grimmbiest11 - 01-15-2017

I didn't hear/see where it's boldly stated that the plan off this spell was to off Sean. Adalind turned Sean down because it was a schadenfreude moment for her not because she's a law abiding citizen. She finally agreed to perjure herself because Nick asked. She's a good lawyer, making a convincing alibi wouldn't be too hard on her.
I thought they all discussed why the spell didn't work in the spice shop. All specifics were not met. Leaving Sean to resume his war against Nick without the fear of death looming.