Grimm Forum
S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot (/Thread-S6E02-Trust-Me-Knot)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - MarylikesGrimm - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 12:09 AM)syscrash Wrote: How much more do we need to see of Diana before people will except Diana is not a child. For Diana one place is as good as another. Diana reacts on what she thinks should be the appropriate response, not on what she feels. Juliette was the one that took Diana to the king. Yet Diana has new reaction to that. Monroe is scared of Diana yet she has no reaction to that. In fact of all the situations we have seen Diana in. We have never seen her have an emotional reaction to anything. People complain about Eve's lack of emotion. Diana has less emotions then Eve.

Diana did something that is very scary. She touched the jar and it disappeared. Does that work on anything. What about people. As impressive as the trick with the jars was. Building the castle with the blocks was much better.

Diana was acting like a child with Monroe and Rosalee. She was curious and friendly. She wants to be helpful but does not know she is usual.

(01-15-2017, 01:45 AM)syscrash Wrote: Rosale knows about hexenbiest magic. Yet watching Diana they seemed surprised and shocked. The same was true when Adalind broke Tony's fingers. Rosale makes it seem like she does not know what hexenbiest can do.

I thought Rosalee and Adalind were surprised because they thought her hexenbiest was still suppressed.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Robyn - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 12:14 AM)irukandji Wrote: I remember Elizabeth using her blood to open the magic book. Juliette's blood was tested and merged deep into the earth. Can you tell me the episode where hexenbiest blood used to fuel a spell on another person?
Hexenbiest blood is probably always used in their spells for some reason or another. If not, it becomes a reason when needed. The spell didn’t accomplish anything other than making them look foolish, so it could be the writers’ actual motive was Nick asking Adalind to cast a spell and being comfortable when she does the ugly face and bites into her hand.

Since most of Adalind’s spells require blood followed by sex, I’m grateful Adalind didn’t have sex with both men, either individually or as a group.Tongue

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - syscrash - 01-15-2017

Diana not knowing she is different seems strange. She has not been with other hexenbiest which means she has not seen others use magic. Why was she playing with magic at the shop. But did not play at the mansion. The same with viewing the cloth. She went from playful child to serious hexenbiest. Diana actions in the shop resembled more like someone messing with Monroe. The same as she was messing with her grandfather with the blocks. It is her way of showing just how powerful she is.
Even when they where talking to her like a child. Here replies where very direct and series.
How about when she ask Monroe what do you want to do next. His speechless response brought a smile to her face.
When they all went downstairs leaving her with monroe. She looked at him and was not smiling. That prompted his cmment about leaving her with him.
The one thing I took from that episode is. Diana does not like people under estimating her.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Chris - 01-15-2017

(01-14-2017, 08:02 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Of course Renard knew the judge would dismiss the charges before the grand jury ever heard them. He was his pet judge. He set the whole early hearing up himself on the phone that was smuggled to him in his cell.

If Renard knew for sure that he would get the judge he wanted and the charges would be dismissed then he would be a fool to enter into the blood oath. Why take an oath to get something you already have? That makes no sense. He hoped it would happen, but he didn't know for sure so this was an insurance policy he in essence took out. The good news is that they can bring those charges forward again if necessary and they will not have the problem of Adalind having lied under oath. Dismissing from a Grand Jury does not make you immune from being re indited. It's not like he was found innocent.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - irukandji - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 01:28 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: One that comes to mind is the cookies Adalind made to spell Hank. Another example of blood use was Nick's blood in the potion that broke the attraction between Sean and Juliette. Never understood how Rosalee knew how to break the effects of a hexenbiest spell, but she did.

Adalind used her own blood in the cookies she made for Hank?

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 07:47 AM)Chris Wrote: If Renard knew for sure that he would get the judge he wanted and the charges would be dismissed then he would be a fool to enter into the blood oath. Why take an oath to get something you already have?

They said it when Renard walked out of court: he was playing them. And maybe he figured that if he refused, they'd just kill him and he'd end up wherever the other bodies were.

(01-15-2017, 07:49 AM)irukandji Wrote: Adalind used her own blood in the cookies she made for Hank?

Yes.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - rpmaluki - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 09:14 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 07:47 AM)Chris Wrote: If Renard knew for sure that he would get the judge he wanted and the charges would be dismissed then he would be a fool to enter into the blood oath. Why take an oath to get something you already have?

They said it when Renard walked out of court: he was playing them. And maybe he figured that if he refused, they'd just kill him and he'd end up wherever the other bodies were.

(01-15-2017, 07:49 AM)irukandji Wrote: Adalind used her own blood in the cookies she made for Hank?

Yes.
gross.

Supposedly during the S5 deleted scene dinner, Hank saw a plate of cookies in the fome and was about to grab one but stopped himself as a call back to those cursed cookies.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - irukandji - 01-15-2017

Yes.

Actually, that would make sense. Adalind needed something to attract Hank to her. Her blood would do that very thing.

Nick's blood would be needed to break the spell between Renard and Juliette. A hexenbiest's blood could not be used to break the spell. That's why I think Adalind used her blood in the first place for the blood oath. If she had used Nick's and Renard's blood, they would have been held to the oath. She used her own blood instead. It seems to me she figured that perhaps neither man would keep his word.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - rpmaluki - 01-15-2017

I think her blood is what bound them to the oath. Forgetting Sean's duplicity here, he and Nick both needed the other to fulfill the oath. Adalind asked Sean if he was familiar with the spell, he agreed. If Adalind wasn't above board in carrying out the spell Sean would never have been complicit. If the spell was between him and Adalind, they'd still need a hexenbiest to exact the terms of the spell just as Adalind did.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - jsgrimm45 - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 09:33 AM)irukandji Wrote:

Yes.

Actually, that would make sense. Adalind needed something to attract Hank to her. Her blood would do that very thing.

Nick's blood would be needed to break the spell between Renard and Juliette. A hexenbiest's blood could not be used to break the spell. That's why I think Adalind used her blood in the first place for the blood oath. If she had used Nick's and Renard's blood, they would have been held to the oath. She used her own blood instead. It seems to me she figured that perhaps neither man would keep his word.
Because this is a hexenbiest spell and the two involved are not hexenbiest this was why Adalind needed her blood or at least a hexenbiest blood. Like Harry Potter the unbreakable bond wouldn't work for a human to say it had to be a witch or warlock.

In history there has alway been blood oaths we don't use them now we just sign our name. Just my 2 cents.