Grimm Forum
Who's Paying for this BC Movement? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: Who's Paying for this BC Movement? (/Thread-Who-s-Paying-for-this-BC-Movement)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Who's Paying for this BC Movement? - speakeasy - 01-12-2017

Probably not relevant to the actual story in this last season, but if the Royals are not funding the BC effort, who is? Unless we are to believe that the group has so many followers in governing and corporate places that they have plenty of fiscal backing to achieve a throwover of power.

I'm going with a contemporary sense of history now, but to infuse it into a fantasy series that I love, HWers needs more tanks, lots and lots of tanks! Smile

RE: Who's Paying for this BC Movement? - brandon - 01-12-2017

In the chapter " Clear Wesen" the suspect and the woman had been diverting funds to tax havens. I do not think was the only..they would have done it in other countries, as well as appeared to generate revolts " Wesen".

RE: Who's Paying for this BC Movement? - syscrash - 01-12-2017

You do remember the BC wesen that was an embezzler. That might not have been the only one.

RE: Who's Paying for this BC Movement? - speakeasy - 01-12-2017

(01-12-2017, 08:50 AM)brandon Wrote: In the chapter " Clear Wesen" the suspect and the woman had been diverting funds to tax havens. I do not think was the only..they would have done it in other countries, as well as appeared to generate revolts " Wesen".

Excellent reminder, Brandon, thanks!

(01-12-2017, 09:01 AM)syscrash Wrote: You do remember the BC wesen that was an embezzler. That might not have been the only one.

Great minds think alike, same answer as Brandon, syscrash, and a good one. So far it looks like the true believers among the ranks are funding this march. But the chain of authority was probably directing such endeavors. I'm still leaning toward some really highly placed group at the top calling the shots, but some actual evidence was presented by the writers which lends credibility to what would have to be a very expensive undertaking. Just wondering if the big bad we're getting ready for is connected.

RE: Who's Paying for this BC Movement? - izzy - 01-12-2017

(01-12-2017, 08:20 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Probably not relevant to the actual story in this last season, but if the Royals are not funding the BC effort, who is? Unless we are to believe that the group has so many followers in governing and corporate places that they have plenty of fiscal backing to achieve a throwover of power.

I'm going with a contemporary sense of history now, but to infuse it into a fantasy series that I love, HWers needs more tanks, lots and lots of tanks! Smile

Obviously, George Soros.

RE: Who's Paying for this BC Movement? - wfmyers1207 - 01-12-2017

(01-12-2017, 09:44 AM)izzy Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 08:20 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Probably not relevant to the actual story in this last season, but if the Royals are not funding the BC effort, who is? Unless we are to believe that the group has so many followers in governing and corporate places that they have plenty of fiscal backing to achieve a throwover of power.

Obviously, George Soros.

HA, I like that. As @brandon and @syscrash pointed out there was embezzlement going on, probably not just from there. There could have been BC agents in firms all around the world and let's not forget government agencies. The amount of money that is pissed away by bureaucrats and never really accounted for is staggering! Angry

Obviously, George Soros.

Sorry, wrong. Although I have nothing against open societies.

RE: Who's Paying for this BC Movement? - Hexenadler - 01-12-2017

I think you're putting a lot more thought into this than G&K ever did. Rolleyes That being said, it's possible BC could have a couple of Wesen billionaires secretly funding their efforts from behind the scenes.

RE: Who's Paying for this BC Movement? - New Guy - 01-12-2017

Obviously, George Soros.
Izzy,
You have outdone yourself! LOL Big Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQs-oEuDzSw
N G

(09-12-1974, 10:56 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: HA, I like that. As @brandon and @syscrash pointed out there was embezzlement going on, probably not just from there. There could have been BC agents in firms all around the world and let's not forget government agencies. The amount of money that is pissed away by bureaucrats and never really accounted for is staggering! Angry

Sound logic, and that is probaby what the writers are inferring. But there's an outside chance that the Royals are still in the fight because it all started with them and Diana is royalty.

Since I don't look at spoilers I realize I am likely chasing at windmills. But I am seeing a lot of current similiarities to world conditions in that most wesen seem to be operating on the principle of 'no more hiding what we are', which seems like a socially acceptable face to put on a more sinister attempt at planetary control. (I should switch over to a conspiracy site to discuss my ideas about Grimm world, haha.)

(01-12-2017, 10:32 AM)New Guy Wrote:

Obviously, George Soros.
Izzy,
You have outdone yourself! LOL Big Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQs-oEuDzSw
N G

Two peas in a pod. Big Grin

(01-12-2017, 10:18 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:

I think you're putting a lot more thought into this than G&K ever did. Rolleyes That being said, it's possible BC could have a couple of Wesen billionaires secretly funding their efforts from behind the scenes.

You caught me, Hexenadler, but you can see I stirred the pot a little. And that's what I set out to do. I agree with you that how the group is financed doesn't even qualify as a subtext to the writers of the Grimm saga, it's just one of those irritating little inconsistencies that occasionally leap out at me because I am such a fan.

That said, it completely falls in line with the reality that such a movement would have attracted both the wealthy and those of average prosperity to its cause.