Grimm Forum
Diana's Dolls - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Diana's Dolls (/Thread-Diana-s-Dolls)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Diana's Dolls - syscrash - 01-10-2017

There are now three dolls. The dolls look like the people. Where does Diana get the dolls from. Is she able to conjure things. We know she can create illusions that that people can hold. They also seem to not have a limit on how long they exist. Could the dolls be an illusion.

RE: Diana's Dolls - MarylikesGrimm - 01-10-2017

(01-10-2017, 03:00 PM)syscrash Wrote: There are now three dolls. The dolls look like the people. Where does Diana get the dolls from. Is she able to conjure things. We know she can create illusions that that people can hold. They also seem to not have a limit on how long they exist. Could the dolls be an illusion.

My biggest question is why both mom and dad are not taking them away?

RE: Diana's Dolls - Kathryn Wooten - 01-10-2017

(01-10-2017, 03:21 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 03:00 PM)syscrash Wrote: There are now three dolls. The dolls look like the people. Where does Diana get the dolls from. Is she able to conjure things. We know she can create illusions that that people can hold. They also seem to not have a limit on how long they exist. Could the dolls be an illusion.

My biggest question is why both mom and dad are not taking them away?

Because she can make more lol..She can really be in the horror movie the Puppet Master

RE: Diana's Dolls - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-10-2017

I think trying to take away Diana's dolls would probably fall under the description of not easing up on the discipline.

RE: Diana's Dolls - syscrash - 01-10-2017

Why would they take them away. Even in the fugitive. Adalind warned Sean to not confront Diana. When Adalind did go in Diana room to sleep. Adalind did not show any concern or fear of what Diana did. Adalind seemed relaxed or protected being with Diana.

RE: Diana's Dolls - MarylikesGrimm - 01-10-2017

(01-10-2017, 03:26 PM)syscrash Wrote: Why would they take them away. Even in the fugitive. Adalind warned Sean to not confront Diana. When Adalind did go in Diana room to sleep. Adalind did not show any concern or fear of what Diana did. Adalind seemed relaxed or protected being with Diana.

I am a mom and it is one thing not to yell at child or punish them and to explain to them that you understand why they did it. It another thing not take offending item away or at least say you will the next time. I would explain to my daughter that she should ask me before she did something like in the future and I would explain the risks to other family members of what she did as well as how she did it.

One of the great quandaries of child rearing comes the day your child did something he or she shouldn't have done but the result turned out to be something really, really good. The talk this situation calls for is probably "don't do anything like that again without checking with Mommy first."

The other consideration is whether Diana really needs those dolls to do what she's been doing, or if they're just how she plays out what she's doing in her head. Maybe Adalind knows that taking them away wouldn't do anything to stop her.

RE: Diana's Dolls - Robyn - 01-10-2017

I think Adalind’s love for Diana outweighs her fear, but I do think Adalind recognizes the risk of upsetting Diana with a stern talk about boundaries and appropriate behavior.

When Nick asked Adalind about Diana, I don’t think he was referring to Diana’s powers or that Renard & Adalind are afraid of her, but that’s where Adalind’s thought were directed. She’s unsure if Diana will accept the move from daddy to Nick, and how severely she’ll react if she doesn’t.

Given what we know about how the wesen world works, the talk should probably make the point that Diana is just too young to be able to always know who the right person to kill is, so she should always ask Mommy first.

RE: Diana's Dolls - jsgrimm45 - 01-10-2017

Diana IMO uses the dolls as a focal point for what she wants to happen. So these dolls can be anyone she wants them to be. Question then becomes what else can she do with the dolls? Like can one doll stand for say 4 or 5 people?