Grimm Forum
Is Once Upon a Time worth the watch? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-TV-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Is Once Upon a Time worth the watch? (/Thread-Is-Once-Upon-a-Time-worth-the-watch)

Pages: 1 2

Is Once Upon a Time worth the watch? - Purity - 12-31-2016

I am going to be really free for 6 days, so was wondering if the TV Series "Once Upon a Time" will be worth watching?

[Image: photo.jpg]

RE: Is Once Upon a Time worth the watch? - syscrash - 12-31-2016

Reading your comments about Grimm you will not like Once upon a time. Who is good and who is bad flip so many times it is not funny. Put it this way snow white becomes a villain. Oh yea the main character is older then her parents. The rules of magic are made up as they go. Think of it as Eve on steroids. The main character is is considered the savior goes really dark and does really bad things and betrays all her family and friends for what she thinks is their own good. The show does time jumps. It moves the people from one realm to another. They are trapped in a town where only some can leave. The love stories have enemies becoming lovers. it has lovers becoming enimies. It has parents turning on their kids. it has their kids turning on their parents.
All that having been said I like it have watched it from the beginning. Have re watched it several times. But then I am able to take an objective look at the show. and you will have to have an open mind. Unlike Grimm it does go into what the characters are thinking and their motivations. If you have moral issue with Grimm then you will hate OUT. If you think Nick is corrupt and makes his own rules. You will hate OUT. If you want exciting action and watch characters kick ass and take names then you will love OUT. If you like stories that twist and turn you will love OUT.

RE: Is Once Upon a Time worth the watch? - degrimm - 12-31-2016

Once upon a time is definitely worth the watch from S01-S04. Loved it every second but starting from s5 the storyline level either dropped or I just simply lost interest in it cos I was getting older ? but with s6 I enjoyed majority of the episodes until the winter break finale but never into it as before but the the storyline still kickass.
So in a long run still a really good show worth watching

I did not like the never never land episodes either. It gave us a lot of back story. But I am and Emma swan, and Regina fan. I love the episodes when they get to demonstrate their witch abilities. Wither it is good witch or bad witch. It took forever for Emma to get her powers together, but when she did. She had power. Especially when she became the Dark One. She took evil to a new level. Just like Regina the Evil queen became good. But even when good there was times where the Evil side was needed and she got really mean and nasty. Some of the best where when Regina and Emma teamed up.

RE: Is Once Upon a Time worth the watch? - MarylikesGrimm - 12-31-2016

(12-31-2016, 09:10 AM)Purity Wrote: I am going to be really free for 6 days, so was wondering if the TV Series "Once Upon a Time" will be worth watching?
Yes, I like OUT too. They have two babies but they mostly hide them like most shows. Super evil characters are like Peter Pan. Time travel and different time periods in parallel universes and more kinds of magic too. Most of the characters are relatives through blood, adoption, marriage or magic training. There are large number of recurring characters that appear in multiple seasons. It does not try to be real and Henry is the only character that has not turned evil as part of a story arc yet.

When Henry was in neverland with peter pan he was tricked into being evil.

RE: Is Once Upon a Time worth the watch? - Hell Rell - 12-31-2016

(12-31-2016, 09:41 AM)syscrash Wrote: Reading your comments about Grimm you will not like Once upon a time. Who is good and who is bad flip so many times it is not funny. Put it this way snow white becomes a villain. Oh yea the main character is older then her parents. The rules of magic are made up as they go. Think of it as Eve on steroids. The main character is is considered the savior goes really dark and does really bad things and betrays all her family and friends for what she thinks is their own good. The show does time jumps. It moves the people from one realm to another. They are trapped in a town where only some can leave. The love stories have enemies becoming lovers. it has lovers becoming enemies. It has parents turning on their kids. it has their kids turning on their parents.
All that having been said I like it have watched it from the beginning. Have re watched it several times. But then I am able to take an objective look at the show. and you will have to have an open mind. Unlike Grimm it does go into what the characters are thinking and their motivations. If you have moral issue with Grimm then you will hate OUT. If you think Nick is corrupt and makes his own rules. You will hate OUT. If you want exciting action and watch characters kick ass and take names then you will love OUT. If you like stories that twist and turn you will love OUT.

We're on the same page about this show. It's a big mess yet I still like the show. I just wish Hook wasn't turned into such a major character. He really drags the show down and I don't buy their great love the way I do for the Charmings. It felt so wrong when Emma used the "I will always find you" line last season.

(12-31-2016, 10:50 AM)syscrash Wrote: When Henry was in neverland with peter pan he was tricked into being evil.

In Neverland, Henry went along with Peter Pan before he realized who is really was. I do not remember him stealing or killing anyone. Henry was possessed by the evil Peter Pan in Storybrooke.

RE: Is Once Upon a Time worth the watch? - Hell Rell - 12-31-2016

(12-31-2016, 10:09 AM)syscrash Wrote: I did not like the never never land episodes either. It gave us a lot of back story. But I am and Emma swan, and Regina fan. I love the episodes when they get to demonstrate their witch abilities. Wither it is good witch or bad witch. It took forever for Emma to get her powers together, but when she did. She had power. Especially when she became the Dark One. She took evil to a new level. Just like Regina the Evil queen became good. But even when good there was times where the Evil side was needed and she got really mean and nasty. Some of the best where when Regina and Emma teamed up.

The Neverland arc was definitely my least favorite arc. The jungle setting really didn't help at all. It felt like they were walking in a big circle for five straight episodes. It only got interesting once they returned to Storybrooke.

The best episodes involved Emma and Regina teaming up. Their scenes were always good right from the start. The show really started to regain its former glory once the Wicked Witch arc started and that had a lot to do with the scenes shared by Emma and Regina. It was my favorite since season 1/early season 2. The latter half of season 2 and the first half of season 3 let me down a bit but that arc brought me back on board.

I think OUAT should've declared this the final season. I'm hoping they don't have to whip up a finale at the last second. I think they need to do something with Charmings because they've been bland ever since the actress who plays Snow got pregnant. I'm wondering what Gold's endgame will be. I suppose it'll be bittersweet somehow.

(12-31-2016, 11:05 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(12-31-2016, 10:09 AM)syscrash Wrote: I did not like the never never land episodes either. It gave us a lot of back story. But I am and Emma swan, and Regina fan. I love the episodes when they get to demonstrate their witch abilities. Wither it is good witch or bad witch. It took forever for Emma to get her powers together, but when she did. She had power. Especially when she became the Dark One. She took evil to a new level. Just like Regina the Evil queen became good. But even when good there was times where the Evil side was needed and she got really mean and nasty. Some of the best where when Regina and Emma teamed up.

The Neverland arc was definitely my least favorite arc. The jungle setting really didn't help at all. It felt like they were walking in a big circle for five straight episodes. It only got interesting once they returned to Storybrooke.

The best episodes involved Emma and Regina teaming up. Their scenes were always good right from the start. The show really started to regain its former glory once the Wicked Witch arc started and that had a lot to do with the scenes shared by Emma and Regina. It was my favorite since season 1/early season 2. The latter half of season 2 and the first half of season 3 let me down a bit but that arc brought me back on board.

I think OUAT should've declared this the final season. I'm hoping they don't have to whip up a finale at the last second. I think they need to do something with Charmings because they've been bland ever since the actress who plays Snow got pregnant. I'm wondering what Gold's endgame will be. I suppose it'll be bittersweet somehow.

Do you think that the Charmings getting married and having two kids in real life during the show hurt the show?