Grimm Forum
one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... (/Thread-one-of-those-things-that-just-frosts-my-flakes)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - irukandji - 01-20-2017

I actually wasn't the one who was talking about Adalind being impulsive, Mary. I was just pointing out that I give her no latitude for getting pregnant after one night with Nick.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - brandon - 01-20-2017

How should say it according to you so that your statement was true? A long letter.? He was leaving and she was afraid he would not come back.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - MarylikesGrimm - 01-20-2017

(01-20-2017, 12:52 PM)irukandji Wrote: If that is indeed the case, perhaps she was impulsive in declaring her love for Nick then.
Yes, I agree with you that Adalind is likely to be impulsive but I believe over time her love for Nick has matured. Am I clear now?

(01-20-2017, 02:13 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 12:52 PM)irukandji Wrote: If that is indeed the case, perhaps she was impulsive in declaring her love for Nick then.
Yes, I agree with you that Adalind is likely to be impulsive but I believe over time her love for Nick has matured. Am I clear now?

Lol, I never said she was impulsive, Mary. What I was referencing was your post a while back about her getting pregnant on the first try with Kelly. I wasn't giving Adalind any latitude for getting pregnant. She already had a child. She knew the consequences of screwing around meant that she could end up pregnant, not to mention the danger of having a hybrid child that neither grimms or hexenbiests would be too fond of. The debate then turned from there into Adalind being impulsive about getting pregnant a second time. I merely pointed out that, if is the case then wouldn't she be impulsive about everything else, for example, her love for Nick. Does that make sense?

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - MarylikesGrimm - 01-20-2017

(01-20-2017, 02:29 PM)irukandji Wrote:

Lol, I never said she was impulsive, Mary. What I was referencing was your post a while back about her getting pregnant on the first try with Kelly. I wasn't giving Adalind any latitude for getting pregnant. She already had a child. She knew the consequences of screwing around meant that she could end up pregnant, not to mention the danger of having a hybrid child that neither grimms or hexenbiests would be too fond of. The debate then turned from there into Adalind being impulsive about getting pregnant a second time. I merely pointed out that, if is the case then wouldn't she be impulsive about everything else, for example, her love for Nick. Does that make sense?

IMO Adalind was impulsive and was aware of it the first time she told Nick she loved him. I believe that her love deepen to something more meaningful overtime. Does that make sense?

Please note that I believe true love can have different meanings for different people so I avoid the term. I believe people can love more than one person and that love can still be real.

(01-20-2017, 03:08 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 02:29 PM)irukandji Wrote:

IMO Adalind was impulsive and was aware of it the first time she told Nick she loved him. I believe that her love deepen to something more meaningful overtime. Does that make sense?

Please note that I believe true love can have different meanings for different people so I avoid the term. I believe people can love more than one person and that love can still be real.

That's fine, Mary. I was talking about Adalind getting pregnant, not about whether or not she was impulsive. That was brought up by other posters in the thread.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - Robyn - 01-20-2017

Adalind is impulsive and follows others' lead, and when it ends badly she reacts badly. I don’t think Adalind’s in love with Nick as much as she’s in love with the idea of finally having what she believes is a committed relationship with a man who is protecting rather than using her.

But that changed in the last episode. She refused to perjure herself for Renard, putting her children first and because she hates him. Then readily agreed to perjure herself for Nick, ignoring any risk to her or the children, because she loves him. It wasn’t so long ago that she sacrificed her safety for Renard. Adalind is loyal to whoever she’s ‘in a relationship’ with and ignores that they’re taking advantage of her.

I do think Adalind blurted the L word out of panic, afraid Nick wouldn’t return from Germany because of his death, or possibly by choice. Who knows what rattles around in that pretty little head, but based on the Nick/Adalind interaction up to that point, I don’t think the L word would have come up if it had been a regular night at home.

Adalind wasn’t subconsciously hoping or worried about pregnancy. She was focused on completing her part of the bargain so she could be with her baby. Adalind has never grasped the concept of forethought, and it wasn’t going to start that day.

I agree, irukandji, G&K made a lot of unwise and really bad decisions about the characters in season 5. But then, the entire S5 arc was a convoluted mess that was ultimately all about Nick’s son being taken.

Nick drama - 10

character growth and storytelling - 0

Maybe Juliette becoming a Hexenbiest was planned all along. I don’t necessarily dislike the idea, but have always felt the show was top heavy with Grimm and Wesen. Hank is the only human left in the group. I liked Eve once I saw just how disconnected she was to Juliette's past, but when Eve began behaving like one of Nick's followers instead of a black ops soldier, I didn't see the point of bothering with this new character Eve.

(01-20-2017, 04:13 PM)Robyn Wrote: It wasn’t so long ago that she sacrificed her safety for Renard. Adalind is loyal to whoever she’s ‘in a relationship’ with and ignores that they’re taking advantage of her.

After season one, when did Adalind sacrificed her safety for Renard?

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - Robyn - 01-20-2017

(01-20-2017, 04:18 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: After season one, when did Adalind sacrificed her safety for Renard?
What difference does it make how long ago it was? Adalind was willing to murder Marie and Hank while Renard remain protected. Even after Renard threw her under the bus, Adalind continued to protect him. She could have spilled the beans to Nick on many occasions but chose not to betray Renard. Adalind was upset that Kelly brought her and Diana to Portland, but she was fine with getting back together with Renard once there.

The fact that Adalind now hates Renard and can’t forgive him for giving their daughter away is ludicrous considering that her new love interest and new BFF actually did the kidnapping.

(01-20-2017, 04:34 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 04:18 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: After season one, when did Adalind sacrificed her safety for Renard?
Adalind was upset that Kelly brought her and Diana to Portland, but she was fine with getting back together with Renard once there.

The fact that Adalind now hates Renard and can’t forgive him for giving their daughter away is ludicrous considering that her new love interest and new BFF actually did the kidnapping.

Renard took Diana directly from Adalind and it gave to Viktor, and later gave the baby directly to mama Kelly. IMO Scooby gang including Nick only helped get the baby from the royals as requested by Renard.

Adalind was already plotting against Renard and Nick the morning after she had sex with Renard, in the same apartment as Renard, a day or two after he gave away their daughter.