Grimm Forum
one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... (/Thread-one-of-those-things-that-just-frosts-my-flakes)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-19-2017

I wonder, if you really had no emotions, would you not recognize other peoples', or would you notice even their slightest reaction, and spend all your time wondering why people were always going off all half cocked about everything?

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - irukandji - 01-19-2017

(01-19-2017, 04:58 PM)Robyn Wrote: Well maybe if they stopped behaving like they were part of a cult and live in a commune they wouldn't be all up in each others' business all the time.

Absolutely.

(01-19-2017, 04:58 PM)Robyn Wrote: Honestly, I think the stick idea is dumb to begin with, but the whole pure soul thing was one big eye roll.

lol, When Rosalee popped open her reference book just in time to clue us all in, I was wondering just who wrote all of that down and how they came to that conclusion.

(01-19-2017, 04:58 PM)Robyn Wrote: Didn't Eve start off with a clean slate in S5 because she wasn't connected to anything Juliette did?

I think the creative team cut their own throat with this one. It makes me wonder if the story would have been completely different had MEM not made her abrupt departure.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - MarylikesGrimm - 01-19-2017

(01-19-2017, 05:14 PM)irukandji Wrote: I think the creative team cut their own throat with this one. It makes me wonder if the story would have been completely different had MEM not made her abrupt departure.

I agree. At that time I thought that adult Kelly would raise both Diana and Kelly together as her grandchildren.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - Robyn - 01-19-2017

(01-19-2017, 05:05 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I wonder, if you really had no emotions, would you not recognize other peoples', or would you notice even their slightest reaction, and spend all your time wondering why people were always going off all half cocked about everything?
When first introduced, Eve seemed to think of everyone in terms of their value, or lack of, to HW’s mission. Her hard edges needed to soften a little so she could comfortably interact rather than behave like a robot that was engineered in the backroom. But it would be nice if G&K had committed to their decision to reinvent Juliette as Eve. After all, they did croon like the munchkins, “she's not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead.”

(01-19-2017, 05:14 PM)irukandji Wrote: I think the creative team cut their own throat with this one. It makes me wonder if the story would have been completely different had MEM not made her abrupt departure.
Maybe so, if it had made a difference in Juliette becoming a Hexenbiest or Adalind becoming pregnant because Claire Coffee already was. But it looks like MEM's departure only affected how Meisner took possession of Diana and that Nick's mother died a horrible death.

(01-19-2017, 05:25 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: I agree. At that time I thought that adult Kelly would raise both Diana and Kelly together as her grandchildren.
Good grief, how many babies should this control freak steal? If Kelly Burkhardt wants to be a mother, she should have committed her life to her own child instead of being a Grimm. Surely Adalind’s lot in life isn’t to provide Kelly Burkhardt an endless supply of babies.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - irukandji - 01-19-2017

(01-19-2017, 08:22 PM)Robyn Wrote:
Maybe so, if it had made a difference in Juliette becoming a Hexenbiest or Adalind becoming pregnant because Claire Coffee already was. But it looks like MEM's departure only affected how Meisner took possession of Diana and that Nick's mother died a horrible death.

I think the intent was for Juliette to become a hexenbiest all along. I do not, however, think she was supposed to turn traitor and then become an entirely different person. I think that whole storyline was quickly put in to cover MEM's abrupt departure and Claire's pregnancy.

I don't mind storylines where a good character turns traitor. They can often be entertaining and be a gamechanger for the series. That did not happen with Grimm. The storyline was ill-conceived, sloppy and rushed from the getgo, not to mention an insult to a character who showed herself to be intelligent, loyal to Nick, and a friend to the main characters. In the end no one believed the "Eve with Juliette's memories" scenario. I had an even harder time believing that Nick, the trusty and investigative Grimm, wouldn't even bother himself to find out exactly what tactics HW applied to his long time love. He just took it as is and let Adalind blow into his life. And the rest is just more dumb story arcs to cover a really dumb story arc. That's what I meant by the creative team cutting their own throats.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - MarylikesGrimm - 01-20-2017

(01-19-2017, 09:41 PM)irukandji Wrote: I think the intent was for Juliette to become a hexenbiest all along.

I agree with you that Juliette was to become a hexenbiest all along but that is where I have the biggest issue. One in million thing made no sense at all. Juliette should had at least some wesen background in my mind for this to happen or we gotten real explanation or backstory. Your odds of being struck by lightning this year are 1 in 960,000*. IMO based on this any women could have a small chance of turning into hexenbiest randomly.

http://wncn.com/2016/01/12/odds-of-winning-powerball-jackpot-less-than-being-hit-by-lightning-twice/

Getting pregnant after having sex with someone to me is no surprise especially if you have not had sex for while and have to pretend you are another women. Adalind was picking the day to have sex and unconsciously could have easily affected that choice to be a day she was fertile.

Study by Gangestad in the same issue of Evolution and Human Behavior finds that women surveyed during their fertile periods report more lust based on physical attraction and more willingness to hook up with an attractive stranger.

http://www.livescience.com/8779-fertile-women-manly-men.html

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-20-2017

(01-20-2017, 01:01 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Your odds of being struck by lightning this year are 1 in 960,000*.

Smoking a hat that causes you to become a clone of a woman who already is a hexenbiest is kind of like standing on the top of a steel tower in the middle of a lightning storm. Holding an umbrella over your head.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - brandon - 01-20-2017

Even if the first time can also become pregnant.
Perhaps Adallind would have become pregnant even if he had used some method of contraception.
Maybe Juliette had the desire to be a "Wesen"

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - irukandji - 01-20-2017

(01-20-2017, 01:01 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: I agree with you that Juliette was to become a hexenbiest all along but that is where I have the biggest issue. One in million thing made no sense at all. Juliette should had at least some wesen background in my mind for this to happen or we gotten real explanation or backstory. Your odds of being struck by lightning this year are 1 in 960,000*. IMO based on this any women could have a small chance of turning into hexenbiest randomly.

Just throwing something out there for thought. Elizabeth said something odd before she attempted the spell. She said to fight a hexenbiest like Adalind they needed a hexenbiest like her, meaning Elizabeth.

We know Elizabeth is able to share her own power. She did so when she brought Sean back to life. I think what she might have done was put some of that power into Juliette. I also think Elizabeth herself went through the same ritual Adalind did to get her hexenbiest back and by giving some of that power to Juliette, Juliette was able to reverse Adalind's spell.

Elizabeth also made a remark about Adalind taking a risk in performing this spell on Nick. That tells me that there was a possibility that Adalind may not have been able to get her powers back.

(01-20-2017, 01:01 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Getting pregnant after having sex with someone to me is no surprise especially if you have not had sex for while and have to pretend you are another women. Adalind was picking the day to have sex and unconsciously could have easily affected that choice to be a day she was fertile.

I give Adalind absolutely positively no slack here. She's already had a child, she knows the signs. I don't think she took the proper precautions, which makes her not only dumb but puts her child at risk from both grimms and hexenbiests.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-20-2017

Adalind never seemed like she thought things through to their end results. She acted on impulse, or when someone else was directing her actions, without giving her instructions much thought. All those warning labels you see telling people not to stand on the top of the stepladder or put pets in the clothes dryer? They were written for Adalind.