Grimm Forum
one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... (/Thread-one-of-those-things-that-just-frosts-my-flakes)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - irukandji - 01-19-2017

What good is it really going to do for Eve to be an empath?

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-19-2017

Why does it have to be good for her? We've already been told that the stick has some bad effects. Maybe becoming an empath is one of them.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - jsgrimm45 - 01-19-2017

(01-19-2017, 11:35 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 09:22 AM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:The big question where Eve is concerned is what the stick is doing to her. is she going to be Eve with feelings, Juliette the vet who loved Nick, or Juliette the jealous, vengeful, short tempered hexenbitch? Ticking time bomb that could turn out to be a clown in a jack in the box or a nuclear device.
From what we have seen of the first two episodes Eve will continue to be Eve. From the preview we we now see Eve change is that she has gained the powers of an empath. If I had to guess that is what is blocking her hexenbiest abilities. Once she gets a handle on her new powers the hexenbiest will return in a more compassionate way.

Phoebe in Charmed may be same way when she became an empath. It affected her so she avoided people with strong emotions, made it harder to use other powers while she was learning how to use it and sensing her relatives emotions annoyed her relatives. This was the season where the theme was stopping the older more powerful child from becoming evil and the younger child travel time to warn them and I think this might happen in Grimm in the later half of this season.
You may well be right but IMO now Eve's subconscious mind is holding her back. Just remembers her problems with Juliette as a hbiest and now fears she will do it again. She told Trubel she didn't want to to back. Once she knows she can do it and not be Juliette hbiest but Eve hbiest she'll come around and may even have more power or control once the two halfs unite.

I was just posing the question.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - Robyn - 01-19-2017

(01-19-2017, 11:39 AM)irukandji Wrote: What good is it really going to do for Eve to be an empath?
I’m not convinced Eve is an empath as much as she’s purposely maneuvering herself into private situations. Eve’s threat to Adalind if she hurt Nick was a personal attack. If her concern had been about compromising HW’s fight against BC, Eve would have confronted one or both openly instead of showcasing how easily she could disarm the security system. Even if Eve senses Nick’s feelings about Adalind rather than suspects, she doesn’t need to comment on it.

Whether Nick acknowledges his feelings for Adalind or chooses to continue ignoring them, that issue is between him and Adalind. It really doesn’t have anything to do with Eve one way or the other.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-19-2017

Maybe Eve's not empathic at all and the stick has Nick's emotions so juiced up that she's receiving them through the fillings in her teeth.

(01-19-2017, 03:50 PM)Robyn Wrote: Whether Nick acknowledges his feelings for Adalind or chooses to continue ignoring them, that issue is between him and Adalind. It really doesn’t have anything to do with Eve one way or the other.

True, but this is a nosy bunch, so comments about one another are not unheard of, whether it's their business or not.

One thing I was thinking of is that Eve may not be able to help herself. We've been told she has a pure soul which could equate to being forced into telling the truth, whether she wants to or not. She may just be relating her observations to Nick because she can't discreetly withhold them back.

Eve didn't have any verbal filters before the stick and the death grip.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - New Guy - 01-19-2017

Hi Forum,
Many threads have discussed how characters may be diagnosed for various psychiatric and psychological conditions. The current issue under examination is whether or not FrankenEve is an empath. Lacking the academic training and clinical experience to pass judgement I resort to Google, who led me to:
http://www.empathtest.com/
So if you were FrankenEve and took the test what would you conclude?
Many of the questions are centered on feelings, moods and emotions. Since the Wooden Woman has none, those should be easily answered.
BTW, here is the Google definition:
Quote:Empath
noun
(chiefly in science fiction) a person with the paranormal ability to apprehend the mental or emotional state of another individual.
I kind of agree with Face, "Maybe Eve's not empathic at all and the stick has Nick's emotions so juiced up that she's receiving them through the fillings in her teeth." Big Grin Big Teeth. LOL
N G

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - Robyn - 01-19-2017

(01-19-2017, 04:39 PM)irukandji Wrote: True, but this is a nosy bunch, so comments about one another are not unheard of, whether it's their business or not.

One thing I was thinking of is that Eve may not be able to help herself. We've been told she has a pure soul which could equate to being forced into telling the truth, whether she wants to or not. She may just be relating her observations to Nick because she can't discreetly withhold them back.
Well maybe if they stopped behaving like they were part of a cult and live in a commune they wouldn't be all up in each others' business all the time. Honestly, I think the stick idea is dumb to begin with, but the whole pure soul thing was one big eye roll. Didn't Eve start off with a clean slate in S5 because she wasn't connected to anything Juliette did?

(01-19-2017, 04:24 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Maybe Eve's not empathic at all and the stick has Nick's emotions so juiced up that she's receiving them through the fillings in her teeth.
I snorted a little coffee up my nose. Hilarious!