Grimm Forum
one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... (/Thread-one-of-those-things-that-just-frosts-my-flakes)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - syscrash - 01-17-2017

Quote:Well, that's possible. But taking Trubel's conversation with Meisner at face value, since she has no reason to be concocting stories with him, she had delivered a live Juliette to Chavez, then there was a point where she thought Juliette was either dead or likely dead and a point where she knew that she wasn't. And she's ticked off when she realizes that the period in between could have been a whole lot shorter if someone had kept her updated on what was going on.
I agree that Trubel's main reason for anger with Meisner was him not keeping her informed. Trubel had come back from the mission and was at HW. The same time as Eve was there and Meisner did not say anything. Trubel hearing about a hexenbiest being turned into a weapon would have caused Trubel to suspect it was Juliette they where talking about. But coming back and not hearing anything about Juliette. or Even if Trubel has asked Meisner about Juliette he might have lied. But since Trubel did not say Meisner lied. I am thinking he avoided the question and Trubel assumed Juliette died.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - irukandji - 01-17-2017

(01-16-2017, 01:17 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: "The Wild Hunt." Juliette asks Nick if maybe she should try sending Kelly email. Nick tells her to go ahead but not to be surprised if she doesn't reply. Kelly does reply, says she is heading north to find "L," which Nick presumes means the Lauffer, and tells Juliette that it will be safer for "N" to communicate through her.

It was Kelly's idea to funnel communications between her and Nick through Juliette. Not one of her best.

I was thinking about this last night. Kelly's instructions to have email communications go through Juliette instead of Nick make absolutely no sense. It's no safer for "N" to communicate through "J" than it is for "J" to communicate through "N" or "M" to start using the initial "K". It's just dumb, all the way around.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 01-17-2017

(01-17-2017, 05:28 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-16-2017, 01:17 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: "The Wild Hunt." Juliette asks Nick if maybe she should try sending Kelly email. Nick tells her to go ahead but not to be surprised if she doesn't reply. Kelly does reply, says she is heading north to find "L," which Nick presumes means the Lauffer, and tells Juliette that it will be safer for "N" to communicate through her.

It was Kelly's idea to funnel communications between her and Nick through Juliette. Not one of her best.

I was thinking about this last night. Kelly's instructions to have email communications go through Juliette instead of Nick make absolutely no sense. It's no safer for "N" to communicate through "J" than it is for "J" to communicate through "N" or "M" to start using the initial "K". It's just dumb, all the way around.

… and using Nick's computer in Nick’s house with Nick’s IP address and no apparently no other security measure to hide their identity.
Is that the writers idea of information security in the internet?

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - jsgrimm45 - 01-17-2017

(01-17-2017, 05:36 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:

… and using Nick's computer in Nick’s house with Nick’s IP address and no apparently no other security measure to hide their identity.
Hate to say this not only the writers but maybe 75% of the people on the net. You with you background know how this works but how many others really know. Big GrinDodgyCool

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-17-2017

Neither Nick nor Juliette seemed to have much in the way of tech chops, but you would think that Nick's mom would have had enough experience from living underground all those years to tell them to not use their own home computer.

OTOH, her choice for an email name was "bheadr," so maybe not.

(01-17-2017, 05:36 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:

It couldn't be any more obvious than if they had Nick nail a great big lighted arrow pointing toward his house that says: "J's house."

But that aside, Kelly was technically putting Juliette's life on the line by saying communications should go through her.

Wasn't she the one who said something about protecting the ones you love? If so, she's rather callous and unfeeling by putting Juliette on the spot.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-17-2017

Of course, the reason why it was done that way was to make things obvious to the audience. If 75% or more (I think more) has no concept of security, they'd never notice its absence and would probably just zone out if there was any mention of it.

Of course once again, the thing that is annoying is how Juliette is targeted so that Nick will be safe.

Well, the show could have survived without Juliette, but we saw what happened when they lost viewers.

Actually, the show could survive without all of the characters. Even Nick isn't really necessary as long as there's a grimm around to carry on the fight.