Grimm Forum
one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... (/Thread-one-of-those-things-that-just-frosts-my-flakes)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - syscrash - 01-15-2017

Quote:Nick and all of his friends are targets. Renard is under pressure to eliminate them all. As mayor-elect, Sean's a public figure, so as disagreeable as it may be, for the time being Adalind and the kids are safer residing under Sean's roof, continuing to appear to the public as his loving family.
How are they safer with Sean. Adalind has almost died once. All Sean did was stand their and watch. Kelly is now their. Sean now no longer has to look for Nick. Just tell Nick he has two hours for Nick to bring all of them to the station or Kelly and Adalind dies. As long as Diana does not know it was Sean he does not have to worry about her reactions. We have already seen two of the people that where taking care of her die and no reaction.

What would have been safer is to keep Adalind ,Diana, and Kelly with him. Have Diana astro project Adalind and Eve to Sean so they could threaten him. that would let him know, no matter how much protection he has they can get to him. Especially if they make Sean put his own gun to his head. It would have also been more exciting and established Adalind and Eve as two hexenbiest not to be messed with.

As it is Adalind comes off as weak and scared of Sean. The whole concept was Adalind went to Nick for protection. Season five Adalind was suppose to be developing trust and faith in Nick. So far has has not done anything to show he can protect anyone. Even at Bud's Eve was rady to man up an take them on. Nick has the stick and did not even attempt to make a move.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - MarylikesGrimm - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 04:22 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 04:02 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: I was surprised that Nick wanted baby Kelly to go Sean's home too. Bad Night he said he wanted his son eight times and now he sends him back to the man that wants to kill Nick. He could have asked Rosalee if she could watch Kelly for Adalind and him. That way Sean could not use baby Kelly for black mail.

Nick and all of his friends are targets. Renard is under pressure to eliminate them all. As mayor-elect, Sean's a public figure, so as disagreeable as it may be, for the time being Adalind and the kids are safer residing under Sean's roof, continuing to appear to the public as his loving family. If they were on the run with Nick, it would be much too easy for any or all of them to end up tragically and accidentally killed during the pursuit of a fugitive.

Rosalee owns the spice shop and her family had influence. I can see how they could arrest Monre for but what could they do to Rosalee in one day.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 04:55 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Rosalee owns the spice shop and her family had influence. I can see how they could arrest Monre for but what could they do to Rosalee in one day.

Rosalee's family had influence with the Wesen Council. You'll recall what BC thought about the Wesen Council.

I imagine the method of eliminating the scoobies would be for them to die in a series of unrelated and conveniently unsolved random home invasion or street crimes.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - MarylikesGrimm - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 03:40 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 02:11 AM)syscrash Wrote: I wonder why they did not use her inability to woge as the reason for her not going with Trubel. They could have let her feel that Nick needed her. Instead they had HW not wanting her.
I think Trubel probably reported that Eve is severely compromised and that's the reason HW didn't ask for her. Just as a thought, could HW send a team out to destroy her?

Trubel could have asked HW for a grimm meeting to try to get the other grimms to intervene about the stick/cloth with Nick. I do not think Trubel is worried about Eve/Juliette as long as she is not working.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-15-2017

HW in Portland was a team. They worked together and knew each other as people. The HW that Trubel called for instructions is most likely a bureaucracy that views Grimms and hexenbiests as assets and liabilities.

Eve in her current state probably doesn't pose much of a liability to HW, what with the rest of the people she's worked with all dead, but she isn't an asset to them anymore either.

Quote:HW in Portland was a team. They worked together and knew each other as people. The HW that Trubel called for instructions is most likely a bureaucracy that views Grimms and hexenbiests as assets and liabilities.
If Portland is such a team. Why did we not see Trubel have any opinion or feeling about Chavez dying. How is it she did not know about Eve's personality change.

From the fake IDs Trubel had and what she told Nick about her travels, it appeared that she spent a lot of time working overseas after Chavez recruited her. So for that time she wasn't a part of HW Portland and they didn't bring her back until Chavez was killed.

And Trubel didn't just not know about the creation of Eve, she didn't even know that she hadn't actually killed Juliette (she and Meisner came to blows over that).

My theory: HW didn't want Trubel too close to Nick when they thought Nick wasn't a Grimm, because they were afraid she wouldn't keep him in the dark, so they shipped her out. They let her think she had actually killed Juliette because they didn't think she'd keep Juliette being alive secret from Nick if she knew. They brought her back to Portland after Chavez was killed because before getting killed Chavez told them that Nick was a Grimm after all; they wanted Nick to join up and wanted Trubel to bring him into the fold.

Quote: So for that time she wasn't a part of HW Portland and they didn't bring her back until Chavez was killed.

And Trubel didn't just not know about the creation of Eve, she didn't even know that she hadn't actually killed Juliette (she and Meisner came to blows over that).
You did see the episode where Chavez was looking in the room with Eve. Followed by Trubel in another room before Meisner sent her to Nick's. Trubel telling Nick she was back from a mission was an excuse. She was coming from the compound. They showed Meisner asking her if she was ready. She really did not want to trick Nick like that.

Trubel did know about Juliette being trained by HW. What she did not know is they changed Juliette's identity. People keep trying to take Trubel statements as facts. Some can not understand Trubel works for a secrete organization. She is allowed to only say what the organization says she can say. When something is classified it does not matter it is your mother. If they tell you to lie you lie. There are no exceptions.

If you notice, Trubel sticks to the narrative. She went to Meisner to ask about Juliette. So she knows Juliette was called Eve. But that is a secrete. That is why when Nick got back Trubel acted like she did not know who Eve was.

The show clarifies what Trubel knows. They tell you why she was in the hospital so long. They even showed Trubel did not really need to go to the hospital. She came home and was back on her bike the next day. If the nurse had not drugged her she would have left when Nick came to see her.

If Trubel was really injured would she not have gone back to the compound. Why would she go to Nick's, some where she had never been and really did not know what the situation was. Anyone who rides a bike knows riding with server injuries is not something you do. Not only that she gets into a fight with Meisner.

So why does Trubel go off on Meisner for not telling her that Juliette/Eve is alive...not that they changed her...that she's alive...and then try to punch him out for it?

I'm not talking about what Trubel does or does not tell Nick. I'm talking about her exchange with Meisner. All internal to HW.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - irukandji - 01-16-2017

(12-23-2016, 07:21 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: This has been one of the main debates on the forum those who think at least she should have known and those who think she couldn't have known. As with most thing in life there is no black and white it is almost all gray. So we have a good debate point that keeps coming around.

Facts as I see them are she was there on the planning and even told Kenneth who lived in the home around Nick's house. So if she didn't know she must have thought that the easy going verrat were just going to tie them up? She sent the email to Kelly one of the few people Kelly would trust.
So this brings Kelly back to Portland.

@izzy says correctly Juliette was educated, that in itself would make one think she may not have wanted to know what was going to happen, but 2 and 2 still make 4 at this point she only wants Nick to suffer. So if Kelly was killed no problem as long as she could tell herself I didn't know. Now later we have a different question did she go back to kill Nick on the King's order, or did her role in what happen finally become clear to her and did she really want Nick to kill her?

Now we get to that point Juliette knew Nick likely wouldn't kill her but she had no problem trying to kill him did she. So using that point IMO says she knew what would happen to Kelly. If she could kill Nick who she knew so well shouldn't be a problem killing Kelly who she little.

Kenneth did a good job of pointing her in a direction and her taking her own lead. We have to give Kenneth credit he knew what buttons to push. He didn't push the Juliette button only the revenge button of the hexenbiest.

I was reading the posts in this thread again and this one caught my eye, especially the bolded part.

Why exactly would Kelly trust Juliette? If I remember correctly the two women didn't become special friends. They didn't share a personal life changing moment that would make them recognize a kindred spirit within one another. Certainly Kelly wouldn't be dumb enough to think that just because Juliette is with Nick, it'd be all right for her to trust Juliette.

There was nothing between them that would point toward Kelly placing her life and Diana's life on the line for Juliette. So why did Kelly trust Juliette?