Grimm Forum
one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... (/Thread-one-of-those-things-that-just-frosts-my-flakes)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - brandon - 12-28-2016

But the dangerous wesen would also create chaos.If the neighbor would see his neighbor as a wolf could take the weapon and kill him.Humans created civilization and animals life wild.If there is a crippled duck, the others leave it
Humans do not.There is a balance in the wild.The animals attack the weakest,even ants do it.
Wesen have other qualities than humans,different,that does not mean they can kill humans

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - MarylikesGrimm - 12-28-2016

(12-27-2016, 10:48 AM)izzy Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 10:08 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: Think about this from Nick's POV. He has admitted to Monroe that Adalind has made for a wonderful mother. Why would Nick try to separate his son from someone he considers to be a wonderful mother? That would be rather cruel on his part.

A very good point, but it gets back to the central issue - Nick is immature and an extremely poor judge of character, likely because he lacks character himself, which furthers the point, as it likely is a reflection of his upbringing.

Unfortunately, it appears that children raised in dysfunctional households often perpetuate the cycle. So in the end then their is no likely redemption for these characters. The only way out is death.

Perhaps the best conclusion to this series is to have Adalind, Diana, Nick and Adalind all killed together at once in a car accident as a result of distracted driving perhaps after earing out as a family at the Golden Corral or something. That way they go out, after a happy loving moment, but their tainted seed is eliminated form the gene pool.

One of my childhood traumas was reading the end of the The Chronicles of Narnia, a similar ending. I do not want that to be the ending of GRIMM.

do not. Nick and Adalind ,Diana.Kelly be family.Maybe not always happy days but if united.

What you call tainted seed?.Or would it be racial discrimination
They are different but it does not mean that they have to be eliminated from the face of the earth.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - izzy - 12-28-2016

(12-28-2016, 01:16 PM)brandon Wrote: What you call tainted seed?.Or would it be racial discrimination
They are different but it does not mean that they have to be eliminated from the face of the earth.

Depends on your viewpoint. No dead enemy ever harms you.

enemy ? what'

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - Robyn - 12-28-2016

MarylikesGrimm:
Quote:Meisner never made any effort to return or even tell Adalind about Diana. How could he be in love or even a friend of hers?
I wasn’t referring to anything that came to fruition in S5 between Meisner & Adalind or commenting on a personal preference. My only point was what I said in my initial post - that in an interview Claire Coffee commented about certain events occurring that were changed to something else, and Greenwalt said in an interview that he & Kouf rewrote/edited some of the episodes to change the story direction.

I speculated that maybe a Meisner/Nick/Adalind was originally planned, and was one of the changes G & K made. Now that S5 has come and gone, it’s obvious that G & K wanted to create an Eve/Nick/Adalind triangle, but anything before the rewrites is speculation.

Izzy:
Quote:How could that ever work? What is in it for Meisner?
…which would once again just demonstrate what the creative team thinks of Grimm viewers.
Asked and answered. Tongue

Quote:There really is nothing anyone really has to fear from the entire world of grimm. That is in part(besides the utter stupidity of the entire plotline and the mere thought of BC and HW) what was so asinine about BC, they posed no real tangible threat to national security so they would be allowed to do their punkass crap and there never would have been a HW.
The BC/HW concept could have been interesting and entertaining if properly executed, and not subjected to the whims of twelve year old girls in men’s bodies.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - irukandji - 12-28-2016

(12-27-2016, 11:40 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 08:29 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 01:38 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: Nobody will care too much if he's just a half Zauberbiest or is a normal Grimm. Of course knowing he's the offspring of the two makes him of special interest to Nick/Adalind's enemies but without any weird powers, he won't raise too much unwanted attention.

It may not be just Nick/Adalind's enemies who take an interest in baby Kelly. Just like those who took offense to Monroe and Rosalee's marriage, there are no doubt those hexenbiests and grimms who would take great offense at a child of mixed heritage.

Zauberbiests could be more offended by a male with a biest but not one of them.

Do you mean a human male with a female hexenbiest would offend a zauerbiest?

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - izzy - 12-28-2016

(12-28-2016, 03:48 PM)Robyn Wrote: The BC/HW concept could have been interesting and entertaining if properly executed, and not subjected to the whims of twelve year old girls in men’s bodies.

Hmmm...so the comment about 12 year old girls in men's bodies - is that a reference to the writers being fags or something, Bitsie's unwomanly lack of contours as Seans's double or something else yet again? Curious minds wish to know.

And I tend to agree, I think black claw concept could have been very, very interesting, but I think the whole idea of HW was and will always be totally asinine. They totally blew the opportunity for Nick to be a different sort of Grimm and work in the wesen community to defend wesen from the coercion of black claw, you could have eve got me to buy into a few government agencies giving Nick some intel or sliding him a few dollars out of their budget to help the cause. But you have to completely suspend your understanding of how the United States of America operates to even begin to swallow that tripe. The HW idea is so far fetched it makes the idea of Hexenbeists etc seem far more realistic by comparison.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - MarylikesGrimm - 12-28-2016

(12-28-2016, 05:34 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 11:40 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 08:29 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 01:38 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: Nobody will care too much if he's just a half Zauberbiest or is a normal Grimm. Of course knowing he's the offspring of the two makes him of special interest to Nick/Adalind's enemies but without any weird powers, he won't raise too much unwanted attention.

It may not be just Nick/Adalind's enemies who take an interest in baby Kelly. Just like those who took offense to Monroe and Rosalee's marriage, there are no doubt those hexenbiests and grimms who would take great offense at a child of mixed heritage.

Zauberbiests could be more offended by a male with a biest but not one of them.

Do you mean a human male with a female hexenbiest would offend a zauerbiest?

No, I mean a 100% male GRIMM that has within him a biest too might bother the Zauberbiests the most.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - Robyn - 12-28-2016

(12-28-2016, 06:39 PM)izzy Wrote:
(12-28-2016, 03:48 PM)Robyn Wrote: The BC/HW concept could have been interesting and entertaining if properly executed, and not subjected to the whims of twelve year old girls in men’s bodies.
Hmmm...so the comment about 12 year old girls in men's odies - is that a reference to the writers being fags or something, Bitsie's unwomanly lack of contours as Seans's double or something else yet again? Curious minds wish to know.

No. Not that. Blush Maybe I should have said G & K were channeling 12 year old girls.

I watched the first few S5 episodes thinking Nick would be more interesting & fun going toe-to-toe with Adalind. Fool that I am, that’s what I thought would happen. But almost from the get-go, I felt the Nick/Adalind interaction & dialogue was being written by 12 year old girls - their interpretation of adult interaction because they don’t yet have a clue about the complexity of relationships and responsibilities of adulthood & parenting.