Grimm Forum
one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... (/Thread-one-of-those-things-that-just-frosts-my-flakes)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - Purity - 12-26-2016

(12-26-2016, 09:32 PM)syscrash Wrote: That is blind trust....

From Blind trust can take a step further to Blind love (ep.7 - Blind love)

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - syscrash - 12-26-2016

Quote:syscrash Wrote:
Quote:
My point was that Nick learned of Diana’s whereabouts and didn’t share that information with Adalind

Nick only learned about Diana being with BC after Eve had the psychic connection. It was shortly after that Eve told Nick to go home. Where Nick had found Adalind had gone. Nick did not rush home after being told of the psychic connection. Because he had no clue that Adalind had actually seen Diana and been threatened by Conrad, kidnapped by Sean.
Nick didn't have definitive proof. He had big clues from Meisner, Eve, Trubel, and Adalind. More than enough to go home, confront Adalind, and initiate a conversation that would let her know that Kelly wasn't going anywhere. Then, hopefully, assure Adalind they would find another way to get Diana from BC - for Adalind, not some other faction that wanted her.

They knew Adalind was at risk. They just didn't know how at risk. They all took the position of it time to be cautious. The all said don't trust Adalind. It was not until Eve got the signal the Adalind had left that she told Nick to go and check home. I have made several post if Adalind has even told Nick about a few of the things that had happened. They would not have be caught by surprised. Just knowing Sean had kidnapped Adalind and taken her to see Diana. They would have known Adalind was going to leave. Nick would have been at home when she left. Instead of waiting to Eve felt she had left.

Quote:She seems like she was being rushed and Nick even said that.

Diana has poor social skills and Adalind will have to spend some time at home with Diana before Diana could be put in safe environment with other children or even with other non-family adults.
From the very beginning when Nick told Adalind to get some cloths. She said she did not feel right about taking things from him. There was no doubt that at some point Adalind was not going to go back to work. Adalind is not one to be in a position where she does not have options. We have seen when put in that position Adalind main goal is to find a way out.

Anyone that thinks Diana will ever be what would be called a socialized child that plays well with others has not been watching the show. We don't even have to speculate about Diana. Every time we have seen Diana she has never acted like a baby or a child. She has always been defiant and got what she wants. Does anyone really think telling Diana to not do something will make her not do if she really wants to. Hexenbiest alone are revengeful and deadly. We have seen in the promos Diana throwing people. So why would anyone think Adalind will change her.

Quote:I watch a number of shows on television, and it never fails to amaze me at the women on them who not only initiate sex, but they're so hungry for it that often times they don't even wait until they get into their apartment. The clothes are coming off in the hall outside the door. I'm not a prude by any means, but I find that behavior disgusting because it generally involves the first time they're having sex with the guy and they're like pigs about it.

For the purposes of this debate, I'm referring to Juliette when she is human and Hexenette or the hexenbiest when she is the hexenbiest.

That said, I didn't like it when Hexenette hopped into bed with Renard and when she initiated sex with Kenneth. I originally felt the same about Adalind until I watched an episode of Real Vikings, which airs after one of my alltime favorite programs, Vikings. The last episode made me wonder if Nick and the gang are descended from Vikings because there were so many similarities between the Vikings and grimms, wesen, and hexenbiests.

I think it is great that they portray the women having the same sexual appetite as the men in a lot of movies do. Grimm is one of the few shows where the women are initiating having sex. When they do it is always out of want instead of obligation. They have sex with whom and when they want. The women are shown to have total control of their bodies. If what the women on Grimm do would not be considered vulgar if done by men. Why should their be a double standard. Yet many romantic movies show the men doing just that, making amorous moves.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - izzy - 12-27-2016

(12-26-2016, 09:14 PM)Purity Wrote: We could also say this too.... the fact that both their family were messed up, it could be a very good & positive thing for them both (the very thing they need). They experienced being in a messed up family and maybe this is just what they both need to make and build their own family 10 times better than what they both went through. To not make the same mistakes their family made.

Yes...but why would anyone gamble a child's well being on that? I don't disagree that there is a chance the could end up being decent enough parents, but it would be far more logical to tilt the odds in the favor of the child by looking for partner who comes for a more nurturing background.

In reading your answer, I see what I fear, and that is this sentiment:

the very thing they need

In my estimation this is the sentiment that has created so many societal ills of late, parents who are placing what they feel is good for themselves above that which would be good for their children.

I don't doubt that both Adalind and Nick will continue to put love of self above that of their child, to their child's detriment; it is a hedonistic world out there, and in this case they are simply mirroring the trends in the culture...sadly as it may be.

(12-26-2016, 09:17 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Best solution is to use counselling for both Nick and Adalind which we have only seen Hank use successfully on the show.

You cannot hire other women to be a good mommy for someone else child. Adalind has been trying to be a better mother and she is trying to be more careful with men. That is why Renard was not happy about how she treated him in the bedroom.

I would not think hire, as much as marry. But if I was Nick I would look elsewhere for a mommy for my son. And if I was Adalind I would look elsewhere for a father to my children. Neither of them have much to recommend them as a partner. There are some 7 billion plus people on the planet, with roughly 3.5 billion plus of either gender. I don't think it would be too hard to find someone better than either of these two to build a family structure with.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - syscrash - 12-27-2016

What is not being considered is both children would not benefit from what normal parenting could offer. In Diana case, in a couple of years she will be grown. She also does not seem to be effected by anyone's guidance. As for Kelly. What would Nick know about raising a magical child. He would surely need Adalind for that. Even Eve has no idea how to deal with a child that has magic. The other problem is Kelly is a Grimm Hexenbiest hybrid. Like raising and extremely famous child there are problem because of the public. He will have people following him every where he goes. Unlike most famous children that have access to money which can provide them some privacy. Nick would not have that. Some in the wesen world will see Kelly as a good thing. Some will see him as an abomination to be destroyed. Remember most wesen fear Hexenbiest and they fear Grimms. What do you think they would feel about a Grimm with magic.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - rpmaluki - 12-27-2016

For now, only a handful know about Kelly's true heritage. Nick's friends (and Diana) and Renard (and he's publicly claiming Kelly as his). Conrad, Kenneth are all dead and as far as we know they didn't spread the news any further than their ears. So Kelly will likely have a normal upbringing until he starts to exhibit traits from both his parents. Nobody will care too much if he's just a half Zauberbiest or is a normal Grimm. Of course knowing he's the offspring of the two makes him of special interest to Nick/Adalind's enemies but without any weird powers, he won't raise too much unwanted attention.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - syscrash - 12-27-2016

The news of Kelly heritage will spread. For one Bud has never been able to keep a secrete. How many times has Nick meet someone to only hear I have heard of you. Even Monroe uncle knows about Nick. A Grimm and a Hexnebiest that is news that will not get around. Everyone would be interested in that and would pass it around. When Nick lost his powers look how many people knew and that also was suppose to be a secret. There is not council but if there was I bet Nick and Adalind would be violating some rule.

We don't know what Kelly's abilities will be. We already know something is going on weird with Adalind. Because of how Juliette was made into a hexenbiest while Kelly was being conceived. It seems the ritual that created Diana has far reaching consequences. Even though Sean may not have magic, his mother is not Adalind.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - MarylikesGrimm - 12-27-2016

(12-27-2016, 01:02 AM)izzy Wrote: I would not think hire, as much as marry. But if I was Nick I would look elsewhere for a mommy for my son. And if I was Adalind I would look elsewhere for a father to my children. Neither of them have much to recommend them as a partner. There are some 7 billion plus people on the planet, with roughly 3.5 billion plus of either gender. I don't think it would be too hard to find someone better than either of these two to build a family structure with.

Yes, it would be very hard to find better parents. Both Nick and Adalind want to be better parents they only need to be open to get help. What you are suggesting would results in years of fighting over the child and putting the child last. You cannot marry a responsible person if you are so clearly not by taking part in a self-centered custody war over your child. The type of ad you are suggesting would give the excuse of not trying to be good parents when nothing came of it. Both of them need to step up to the plate to be better parents and there is no short cut. One parent cannot simply just get rid of the other parent when they are equal and the fighting at best the result would be both losing their rights.

(12-27-2016, 01:22 AM)syscrash Wrote: As for Kelly. What would Nick know about raising a magical child. He would surely need Adalind for that.The other problem is Kelly is a Grimm Hexenbiest hybrid. Like raising and extremely famous child there are problem because of the public. He will have people following him every where he goes. Unlike most famous children that have access to money which can provide them some privacy.

I support home schooling for these children since the parents have limited funds and have many enemies and Diana lacks social skills. We have no idea what Kelly is. I would love a Grimmbiest which would 100% Grimm plus some special abilities but he just be human, basic grimm, hybrid or half - zauberbiest.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - rpmaluki - 12-27-2016

They could move to a different location that's secure since the fome is compromised (unless Renard dies). Diana will have to homeschooled for sure due to her rapid growth spurt. Kelly could be a normal baby/child and that could be a benefit for him but dull for the show.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - irukandji - 12-27-2016

(12-26-2016, 08:12 PM)Purity Wrote: When Adalind had sex with Nick as Juliette, there was very little talk between them both for even Nick to notice. The thing she started and ended with was seduction, and seduction can come in many styles, so to say Nick had to know the difference between both women was zero %. There was no evidence of memories because they hardly spoke, they jumped straight into bed. Now maybe the sex was different, but that can be even possible to happen to any couple, it depends on the atmosphere, maybe learning something new...etc, Nick could think of so many reasons for that and the show was not going to go that far reasoning.

When you're living together for 7 years, it becomes a routine thing. Getting ready for a wedding isn't the time to all of a sudden try something new that might take longer than normal. As Juliette, Adalind's hexenbiest had access to Juliette's memories. She had to. She can't be too different from Juliette, or Nick would be suspicious.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - brandon - 12-27-2016

I think Nick's wish was a life that.like the marriage of their parents, it would be quiet and without arguments. Told Hank that he was planning to get married once, but sometimes situations make people change. He had a good job as a police officer, sure with a good salary.your partner with the job you wanted and a good salary. Marring and having children would have been his ultimate goal.