Grimm Forum
one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... (/Thread-one-of-those-things-that-just-frosts-my-flakes)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - Purity - 12-26-2016

(12-26-2016, 08:47 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Adalind is interested in being a full time stay at home or work from home mommy to both her kids. Since Nick has made no committed to her so she felt pressured to return to work.

I do not think it was about commitment, Adalind wanted to contribute also. And I think it was really a good thing, cause it showed she wanted to support him too as he supports her.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - rpmaluki - 12-26-2016

It's worse for him to raise Kelly by himself unless he quits cold turkey being a Grimm and we know he's incapable of doing that. If he intends to stick to his promises, Adalind will raise Kelly, it's up to him whether they do it together as a family unit (with Diana in tow) or they co-parent, Adalind with physical custody.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - izzy - 12-26-2016

(12-26-2016, 08:47 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Adalind is interested in being a full time stay at home or work from home mommy to both her kids. Since Nick has made no committed to her so she felt pressured to return to work.

Perhaps, I would be comfortable with that statement if it was overly stated by Adalind verses logical deduction.

But, on the other hand, Nick or any man, would have to be an idiot to commit to anything beyond a roll in the hay with a Adalind (by the way, that is pretty much the same response I woudl give to a woman about Nick, except why would you want a roll in the hay with hi in the first place).

(12-26-2016, 08:47 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Many people all over world have used their love of their children to turn themselves around.

I totally agree.

(12-26-2016, 08:47 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Children are usually best raised by their parents.

As written, yes I agree.

(12-26-2016, 08:47 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Nick's family is as messed up as her's why would it be better for him to raise Kelly without her.

Because of exactly what you stated. She is messed up and he is messed up. It is therefore very important to have one acting parent who comes from a functional family background. Generally the parent that is most influential in the 6-8 years of life is the mother figure. Daddies take on a more important role at the adolescent phase...so it is likely more important out of the door to get the right mommy...while Nick takes advantage of his health care package and seeks counseling so he can be a better father.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - syscrash - 12-26-2016

Quote:syscrash talks about Hexenbiest being hot tempered and big on revenge. Juliette has reason to be hurt and angry, but no one has done anything to the Hexenbiest, so what’s to avenge?
Juliette reason would not change with or without being a hexenbiest. Being a hexenbiest determines how she handles the situation. As a human she was more inclined to let the system deal with seeking justice. As a hexenbiest like other wesen justice is dispensed based on the powers and abilities they posses. What differs between hexenbiest and other wesen. Hexenbiest have an extremely revengeful nature.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - MarylikesGrimm - 12-26-2016

(12-26-2016, 08:54 PM)Purity Wrote:

I do not think it was about commitment, Adalind wanted to contribute also. And I think it was really a good thing, cause it showed she wanted to support him too as he supports her.

She seems like she was being rushed and Nick even said that.

Diana has poor social skills and Adalind will have to spend some time at home with Diana before Diana could be put in safe environment with other children or even with other non-family adults.

(12-26-2016, 08:58 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: It's worse for him to raise Kelly by himself unless he quits cold turkey being a Grimm and we know he's incapable of doing that. If he intends to stick to his promises, Adalind will raise Kelly, it's up to him whether they do it together as a family unit (with Diana in tow) or they co-parent, Adalind with physical custody.

I agree with this too a 100%. He also will not quite being a Grimm, not everything he already knows not to just end up blind in the supernatural world.
He will need his Grimm more than ever now if he has to protect Adalind, Kelly and Diana (if she takes him as her surrogate father).

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - irukandji - 12-26-2016

(12-26-2016, 05:02 PM)Robyn Wrote: I couldn’t agree more. Plus, the circumstances surrounding the women’s sexual encounters are vulgar. I know the actors can’t make derogatory remarks about the show, but Claire Coffee must sometimes wonder if she’s on a show called Grimm or Addie does Portland.

I watch a number of shows on television, and it never fails to amaze me at the women on them who not only initiate sex, but they're so hungry for it that often times they don't even wait until they get into their apartment. The clothes are coming off in the hall outside the door. I'm not a prude by any means, but I find that behavior disgusting because it generally involves the first time they're having sex with the guy and they're like pigs about it.

For the purposes of this debate, I'm referring to Juliette when she is human and Hexenette or the hexenbiest when she is the hexenbiest.

That said, I didn't like it when Hexenette hopped into bed with Renard and when she initiated sex with Kenneth. I originally felt the same about Adalind until I watched an episode of Real Vikings, which airs after one of my alltime favorite programs, Vikings. The last episode made me wonder if Nick and the gang are descended from Vikings because there were so many similarities between the Vikings and grimms, wesen, and hexenbiests.

Real Vikings had an episode about Viking women, and part of the episode talked about witches. Sex was an important tool for Viking witches and one of its uses? Part of their spells. The other thing I thought was so very interesting is that witches were buried with a magical stick. Viking witches were held in high honor, the highest a woman could hold. A major dig revealed a witch buried in her finest in a dragon boat, surrounded by jewelry, talismans, a sword, and her magical stick.

I never gave Adalind any latitude for her sexual escapades, but after seeing the episode, I decided not to be so critical. Sex may have been an integral part of her witchery.

(12-26-2016, 05:02 PM)Robyn Wrote: I find the facts about Hexenbiest as established on the show are often contradictory to how the Hexenbiest characters act and how the other characters react to them. So I’m going to play devil’s advocate and hope your responses help clear up my confusion.

Do you think Hexenette a blend of the Hexenbiest and the human, Juliette or the Hexenbiest is occupying and controlling Juliette, the human host?

I hear you on the contradictions. With regard to Hexenette, I think the hexenbiest occupied and controlled her.

(12-26-2016, 05:02 PM)Robyn Wrote: Who confronted Nick & Adalind at the precinct? I guess the better question is who had need to confront them - Juliette or the Hexenbiest. I found this clip on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGfqodgvJ4w The visual allows for tone and expression that can’t be captured in the transcript. Watching the clip, I felt that Juliette confronted Nick & Adalind. Everything Juliette referred to was personal and accusatory, especially toward Adalind. So was Juliette the driving force, possessing the mental and physical strengths of the Hexenbiest to follow through on her threats, or was it the Hexenbiest having a little fun with them?

I have thought about the scene at the precinct or a long time because I can see where it can be interpreted that it's Juliette who's confronting Nick and Adalind.

But the question on my mind is this. Why would Juliette be so steamed over Adalind's pregnancy? That makes no sense and here's why. When Juliette found out Nick had slept with Adalind, she told Nick to pull the car over because she was going to be sick. She wasn't, of course, and after questioning Nick once or twice later to make sure he didn't know it was Adalind he slept with, she let it drop.

If she wasn't angry at Nick for sleeping with Adalind because he thought she was Juliette, what's the big deal over a baby? She already believed Nick, so if Adalind ended up pregnant, big wow.

In point of fact, I don't think Juliette would be furious over it. But what about her hexenbiest?

Adalind showed up at Nick's doorstep and demanded Hexenette accompany her. If it was Juliette we were seeing, she probably would have gone. But suppose Hexenette decided she was not going to go? Not only that, but Hexenette was going to teach Adalind a lesson by handing her rear to her on a silver platter?

Adalind came into Hexenette's territory and began bossing her around. In the animal world, that equates to war. Would that equate to war in another hexenbiest's eyes? Who can say, but that's the way I looked at it.

When Kenneth informed Hexenette that Adalind was pregnant, she went right down to the precinct and saw Adalind with Nick. She accused Nick of choosing Adalind. In the animal world, fights do ensue when a male chooses another female over the alpha. Is that how Hexenette was looking at Adalind? As a rival female and her baby looking to take over her territory?

(12-26-2016, 05:02 PM)Robyn Wrote: Who worked with Kenneth, and why? Unless Juliette was looking for payback, why get involved with the Royals? If it was the Hexenbiest, why would she care about the Royals getting what they wanted?

These questions all popped into my mind as well. I think it was the Hexenette all the way on this one. I have to go back to the trailer because I think this was the episode where Hexenette was looking in the diaries and found all of the bias documented about hexenbiests. I that made her very angry, and she burned the trailer in an attempt to destroy the diaries. She apparently made the decision to help Kenneth at that point as well. Just a thought.

(12-26-2016, 05:02 PM)Robyn Wrote: Now if the Hexenbiest was interested in taking out both Grimms, luring Kelly to her death makes sense, but taking out Nick should have been the next step. It wasn’t. Juliette/the Hexenbiest went back to Nick’s house. What was the endgame?

I don't really get this one either. She says later as Eve that she would have killed Nick. I figured that was what she returned to the house to do.

(12-26-2016, 05:02 PM)Robyn Wrote: syscrash talks about Hexenbiest being hot tempered and big on revenge. Juliette has reason to be hurt and angry, but no one has done anything to the Hexenbiest, so what’s to avenge?

To me, if Hexenette’s actions were spurred by Juliette’s anger at Nick, the devastating circumstances that destroyed her life, and Adalind’s attacks, then Hexenette is a blend of Juliette and the Hexenbiest. And Juliette isn’t missing or silent, but an equal component in the blend. The only difference is that while the Hexenbiest resides in the host, the host doesn’t exercise restraint.

What’s your thoughts?

There has to be a benefit to both parties in this symbiotic relationship. We know what the human gets; enhanced strength, the power to move objects with her mind, knowledge of pharmaceuticals. I could even call the lack of regret and remorse somewhat of a benefit, since these would cloud judgement.

What does the hexenbiest spirit get? At least a permanent place to stay. Perhaps it's a learning experience for them as well. As their human progresses, so do they.

Assuming Hexenette's hexenbiest is just as new to the world as she is, would the hexenbiest be curious about what is involved in betrayal? If so, would it cause events to make the end result in betrayal?

I don't necessarily see the control over a human via hexenbiest as necessarily a bad or an evil thing. The only reason it's seen to be so in Grimm is because they chose to portray it that way. I think a human could be controlled by a hexenbiest for good as well. That may be what we'll see in Eve for next season.

(12-26-2016, 09:01 PM)izzy Wrote: Because of exactly what you stated. She is messed up and he is messed up. It is therefore very important to have one acting parent who comes from a functional family background. Generally the parent that is most influential in the 6-8 years of life is the mother figure. Daddies take on a more important role at the adolescent phase...so it is likely more important out of the door to get the right mommy...while Nick takes advantage of his health care package and seeks counseling so he can be a better father.

We could also say this too.... the fact that both their family were messed up, it could be a very good & positive thing for them both (the very thing they need). They experienced being in a messed up family and maybe this is just what they both need to make and build their own family 10 times better than what they both went through. To not make the same mistakes their family made.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - MarylikesGrimm - 12-26-2016

(12-26-2016, 09:01 PM)izzy Wrote: It is therefore very important to have one acting parent who comes from a functional family background. Generally the parent that is most influential in the 6-8 years of life is the mother figure. Daddies take on a more important role at the adolescent phase...so it is likely more important out of the door to get the right mommy...while Nick takes advantage of his health care package and seeks counseling so he can be a better father.

Best solution is to use counselling for both Nick and Adalind which we have only seen Hank use successfully on the show.

You cannot hire other women to be a good mommy for someone else child. Adalind has been trying to be a better mother and she is trying to be more careful with men. That is why Renard was not happy about how she treated him in the bedroom.

RE: one of those things that just frosts my flakes... - syscrash - 12-26-2016

Quote:Syscrash you are are a vile, societal degenerate and pervert. I do not care if a degenerate such as yourself has a problem with ABC or XYZ. A well-functioning societies are designed to accommodate a bit of deviance from the established mores and taboos, that allows then to thrive in changing times and environments. But when a social degenerate such as yourself emerges the job of each individual member of society’s duty is to push back against you and attempt to enact sanctions against you be they economically, politically, or through various other enforcement measures. It is a shame that the collective force of cultural normative enfacement have grown so weak over the past two decades that they allow degenerates such as yourself to thrive.
Izzy the problem with your logic is history shows us difference. There have been more wars and atrocities committed in the name of some belief then there has ever been in the name of personal gain.

You can not logically justify trying to control how people live their lives. Only an unprovable belief can justify that point of view. Your entire argument is based on what you believe. That is the problem your reality exist on what you believe even if you can't prove it or even if logic and facts can disprove it.

Take many of the stories in the bible. They defy the laws of physics. Yet peoples beliefs are not changed. they find justification why they are true. This is the same logic so many use when viewing the show. They develop a certain belief and force their view of the show to fit that belief. Even it it means twisting the dialog to fit their desired narrative. You will never get these people to see otherwise. They have nothing other then faith in there beliefs. Truth and logic comes second. If truth, logic and facts fits their beliefs they accept it. If it does not then they view it as opinion.

Quote:Nick has trouble trusting both Adalind and Eve because they are hexenbiests. If he sees Adalind has not changed to much he should be able to get a better read on his feelings of her whatever they may be and this should help build more trust in the relationship than before. Please remember Grimms do not thrust completely non-grimms so any relationship Nick has with a non-grimm will have some secrecy. Adalind was more comfortable with Nick keeping secrets vs Juliette because zauberbiest and hexenbiest couples keep secrets from each other. For example, they cannot read each other potion books.
Nick has shown he has put more trust in Eve then he has, even with Juliette. More then once he has followed Eve's lead without question. He backed Eve in the restaurant, even though he did not know why. That is blind trust. Zauberbiest not able to open a book sealed by a hexenbiest is not a case of trust. It is how the spell works.