Grimm Forum
The rules of the Grimm fantasy world - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: The rules of the Grimm fantasy world (/Thread-The-rules-of-the-Grimm-fantasy-world)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The rules of the Grimm fantasy world - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 12-12-2016

(12-07-2016, 04:50 PM)irukandji Wrote: Thanks js! What if it's not the ring that's causing Adalind to turn to stone? What if they are two separate events. For example, someone cast a spell on Adalind to turn her to stone. It could be Diana, it could be Conrad, could it even be Sean? Conrad places the ring on her finger and the ring keeps the spell at bay unless she removes it.

That is not for me but I will answer that.
I always had the impression that the stone thing had nothing to do with the ring. For me it was Conrad who did that to Adelaind to impress her and to put the ring in her finger. The ring is another thing (another magic).
So, I think you are right. The stone magic is one thing. The ring spell is another thing. But we keep the original question (I think). How will they break the ring spell and them remove the ring?
Another question. Adelaind can’t remove the ring. But what is the ring for? I mean: Conrad would use the ring to link Adelaind to Sean, but since Conrad is no more… Can the ring still be used to bind Adelaind to Sean?
What if Diana find out about the ring? Will she use the ring to make her mommy and daddy to stay together?

RE: The rules of the Grimm fantasy world - irukandji - 01-17-2017

(12-01-2016, 02:58 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: When I am reading or reading a story one of the things l am always trying to find out is he rules that define how the story is build.
As a simple example, a story based on real life like an investigation procedure series the rules are easy to know.

A fantasy/magical show use to have real elements but they also have its own rules to describe the extraordinary elements added to the show universe.

Let's take grimm as example. Nick is a detective and this way he should follow real life rules. But he is a Grimm and grimm do not exist in real life. What a Grimm is, how a Grimm identify wesen, why wesen fears grimm are all questions that the answers add new elements to the fantasy universe of the show.

I know the should not give a detailed teaching about this because the show would be boring for doing this. But those rules would give consistency to the show if we could indirectly see them in the story.

What I mean is, for example, the show never gave any minimal sign of why Juliette became hexanbiest. In the first season hexanbiests were much less strong than they are in the end (just compare how Kelly killed Adelaind mother.... Would she be able to Conrad or Eve in the same way?).

But now the show is hitting its end and we don't have time to answer all the questions about the rules of the Grimm universe.

My questions are:

What questions do you still have?
How would you answer them?

Now that we've seen a couple of episodes into the new season, I have some questions. I know no one can really answer these, but I thought they would be fun to throw out for discussion. Why did the stick remove Eve's hexenbiest powers? Does the stick perhaps equates the hexenbiest ability to woge and subsequent show of power to that of evil? Or does the stick see someone like Eve with the potential to destroy it, so it's making the first move and taking her powers away?

The other thing that's got me curious is the so called pure soul that Eve is said to acquire. According to the Beatitudes, those who are pure of heart shall see God. While this is a bit different phrasing than a pure soul, in the end both amount to the same thing. So why then did Eve descend into hell, as she called it? A person who's a pure soul technically shouldn't be dragged down to hell.

RE: The rules of the Grimm fantasy world - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-17-2017

Grimm established in its second season that you can artificially "purify" someone's heart with magic and chemistry - or maybe it's magical chemistry. Renard drank the stuff, and so did Nick. Now it's been suggested that the stick might do it, sort of like radiation treatment.

Eve would not have descended into hell in the classic sense; the dead wesen with a decidedly impure soul was going to kidnap her, as Hades supposedly abducted Persephone, and once there would have traded Eve off for a free pass out of hell. Because hell on Grimm is apparently not just a place you get sent to for what you did in life. It's also a place you can buy your way out of.

RE: The rules of the Grimm fantasy world - syscrash - 01-18-2017

The show said her powers are blocked not that she lost them. The show said the death grip requires a pure soul. Considering Eve was human that could be why she has a pure soul. The hexenbiest spirit is one thing. The persons sole is another. You can lose your spirit. I don't think you can lose your soul.

RE: The rules of the Grimm fantasy world - irukandji - 01-18-2017

Nick has stared death in the face many times and been purified, albeit via man made means. No one has ever placed him in a death grip and attempted to drag his soul into some kind of hell. If there is some kind of a world beyond the regular dimensions whose residents are trying to escape by grabbing pure souls, I wonder why they wouldn't have tried for his soul.

RE: The rules of the Grimm fantasy world - brandon - 01-18-2017

Nick was still pure in heart.He did not have as much pain as Sean.Juliette went straight to hell,she would surely feel guilty for what she did but no longer cared.Something lost, maybe his spirit. would have ended up in an asylum

RE: The rules of the Grimm fantasy world - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-18-2017

The death grip is clearly rare, or Rosalee wouldn't have had to look it up just to find out how to stop it.

RE: The rules of the Grimm fantasy world - irukandji - 01-18-2017

Nope, I wouldn't say it's rare. I'd say rare is routine for Grimm. If this is some kind of hell, then these souls would be grabbing at anyone who's pure of heart, which could be Nick since he was pure of heart and faces death continually. It isn't too rare or Rosalee wouldn't be able to find it so easily in her books.

RE: The rules of the Grimm fantasy world - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-18-2017

I mean rare even for Grimm. Because if dead people, or even just dead wesen, were death gripping people on a regular basis, instead of Rosalee being the only one who's heard of it and having to look it up to find out what to do, she and Monroe would just have yelled, "Death grip! Cut off his arm!"

RE: The rules of the Grimm fantasy world - New Guy - 01-18-2017

Hi Forum,
Here is the narrative from:
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Fugitive/Transcript
Quote:[Rosalee cuts off the hand of the agent. In Eve's trance, the man falls into the water vortex below. Eve gasps as she comes out of her trance]
Trubel: Eve?
Eve: Yeah.
Monroe: Where the hell were you?
Eve: I'm not sure.
Rosalee: I don't think you should be handling dead guys right now.
Eve: Thanks.
Rosalee: The death grip supposedly trades a pure soul for freedom from hell.
Eve: Pure soul? I don't think so.
Monroe: Yeah, that doesn't really make so much sense. I mean, after everything she did? No offense.
Trubel: Maybe this has something to do with the stick. Maybe your soul is not as dark as it used to be. You know, like she got her soul cleaned.
Rosalee: I guess we could all use a little of that.
Monroe: I just wish I knew what the hell we were dealing with, 'cause this piece of wood is scaring the crap out of me.
All of them (FrankenEve, Monroe, Trubel and Rosalee) find it odd that the dead agent put the death grip on FrankenEve when he needed a pure soul to "trade [his] way into eternal afterlife or something". Even FrankenEve admits to the impurity of her soul. Is she thinking of Hexenette who is dead or FrankenEve who seems to be alive? IMO, both personas lack a pure soul. If the dead BC agent was descending to the "underworld" and his death grip was not broken would Satan laugh and tell him her soul was polluted and keep them in perdition?
N G