Grimm Forum
The rules of the Grimm fantasy world - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: The rules of the Grimm fantasy world (/Thread-The-rules-of-the-Grimm-fantasy-world)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The rules of the Grimm fantasy world - irukandji - 12-05-2016

(12-05-2016, 07:32 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: @irukandji you have just made great comments about how the show underestimate the viewers considering how the writers deals with rules of the universe of the show. That was just what I was looking for when I posted this thread.

Thanks, Adriano. Great thread by the way.

(12-05-2016, 07:32 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Just a thought. You posted about the impossibility of the woge and the transformations of the characters in other person like Adelaind in Juliette and Eve in Sean. Where is the mass for that?

Bitsie is the same height as my sister, 5'6" and weighs 115 lbs. Sasha's height is 6'4" and his weight is around 183. His weight seems low to me. He always looks like he's bigger, but I digress.

One of the most fascinating things to me about Grimm are the spells and this human to human transformation has interested me from the moment I saw it.

At first I was thinking that this human to human transformation, using Adalind to Eve for instance, might be just an illusion. That actually could make sense since Adalind got pregnant after being with Nick even though she was Juliette.

Unfortunately, Grimm muddled that one up by having us witness firsthand Eve turning into Renard. She actually grew into Renard, which led me to believe her body was mimicking his as the result of snorting the hat. So in answer to your question, Adriano, yep, I do believe the body mass would be all wrong. But it's still a huge plothole because where exactly does the DNA come in?

(12-05-2016, 07:32 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: I think one big hole there was when the writers tryed to give a like science explanation for wesen like the DNA mixed constitution and grimm eyes thing and so on. Why didn't they use only magic for that? If the wesen were only magical or mythical creatures don't you think that would be less inconsistent?

And you've only touched the surface, Adriano. I know someone mentioned here that they would like to know more about the origin of wesen. I know I read somewhere here that wesen came about around the time of the great Egyptian monuments, some 5000 years ago.

Talking about the Manticore, I know if they did a DNA sample on one, Grimm would very solemnly tell us that the Manticore has scorpion DNA. Well, how'd that come about? Scorpions may have been larger than they are today, but that would have occurred before Egyptian times and before humans ever set a toe on the face of the earth.

Aside from that, Humans can't mate with scorpions, and for that matter, why would they want to? So there is a real ick factor here.

RE: The rules of the Grimm fantasy world - izzy - 12-05-2016

(12-05-2016, 08:49 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 08:19 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 07:32 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: @irukandji you have just made great comments about how the show underestimate the viewers considering how the writers deals with rules of the universe of the show. That was just what I was looking for when I posted this thread.

Just a thought. You posted about the impossibility of the woge and the transformations of the characters in other person like Adelaind in Juliette and Eve in Sean. Where is the mass for that?

I think one big hole there was when the writers tryed to give a like science explanation for wesen like the DNA mixed constitution and grimm eyes thing and so on. Why didn't they use only magic for that? If the wesen were only magical or mythical creatures don't you think that would be less inconsistent?
Question would we have use the metaphysical laws in Grmm? So what are those laws or are there any at all?

I would have go by pure magic explanations. I thiknk the writers should have created their own rules. What do you think?

Although I was not asked my opinion, given the camaraderie we share I doubt you will oppose me leaping into the fray, as it were.

I always liked the explanation that magic is simply a scientific understanding that one person or group stumbles upon and/or understands and another does not.

I prefer explanations that simply fudge the limits of known science or dwell on the edge of the theoretical.

In many ways I would enjoy an ending of Grimm that reveals it was all just a dream and Nick is animal control officer or something. Then the show can reveal who the rest of the cast were suppose to be in real life. It has been done before, but then again so has almost every plot line of this show.

RE: The rules of the Grimm fantasy world - irukandji - 12-07-2016

I am curious about something and wanted to pose the question here. Even though Grimm is set in current day Portland, laws do not seem to apply. Many here have argued that it's a fantasy, and therefore, normal, everyday laws do not apply.

So here's a question for debate.

Is Adalind now considered married to Sean?

RE: The rules of the Grimm fantasy world - brandon - 12-07-2016

I think not. Sean aware that she is not interested in so. I do think make a proposition. Maybe before if she would have interested.before that was why society thought.you do not have to get married because you' re going to have a child. Would the mother's Adalind be married? I think not in part because of his character besides that she would prefer to be free.

(12-07-2016, 07:48 AM)brandon Wrote: I think not. Sean aware that she is not interested in so. I do think make a proposition. Maybe before if she would have interested.before that was why society thought.you do not have to get married because you' re going to have a child. Would the mother's Adalind be married? I think not in part because of his character besides that she would prefer to be free.

This isn't a matter of preferences or interest. Grimm is a fantasy.

Conrad told her she was a princess and slipped a ring on her finger.

Adalind's not a princess by blood so there's only one thing left and that would be by marriage.

The question on my mind now is, if Adalind attempts to marry Nick, what will happen?

RE: The rules of the Grimm fantasy world - jsgrimm45 - 12-07-2016

(12-07-2016, 08:01 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-07-2016, 07:48 AM)brandon Wrote: I think not. Sean aware that she is not interested in so. I do think make a proposition. Maybe before if she would have interested.before that was why society thought.you do not have to get married because you' re going to have a child. Would the mother's Adalind be married? I think not in part because of his character besides that she would prefer to be free.

Adalind's not a princess by blood so there's only one thing left and that would be by marriage.

The question on my mind now is, if Adalind attempts to marry Nick, what will happen?
Nothing by the time the marriage thing if it happens the ring will be gone. The how will be interesting to see happen.

(12-07-2016, 08:07 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Nothing by the time the marriage thing if it happens the ring will be gone. The how will be interesting to see happen.

Until then, Adalind is stuck, married to Sean. In the world of fantasy, that is.

RE: The rules of the Grimm fantasy world - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 12-07-2016

As you posted this in two threads, I will answer in both but with different perspectives…
Here I will focus the rule. When Adelaind put a spell on Hank Nick had to kill the Adelaind’s hexanbiest spirit to free Hank from the spell. It was never well explained how that rule really worked. So we end up with questions here:
Conrad is dead. Can we assume his zauberbiest is also dead? If that is case, is the ring still cursed? Or maybe Conrad died but not his spirit. How do deal with his spell in this case?
The rules of magic in grimm are not very well defined.

(12-07-2016, 09:07 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:

As you posted this in two threads, I will answer in both but with different perspectives…
Here I will focus the rule. When Adelaind put a spell on Hank Nick had to kill the Adelaind’s hexanbiest spirit to free Hank from the spell. It was never well explained how that rule really worked. So we end up with questions here:
Conrad is dead. Can we assume his zauberbiest is also dead? If that is case, is the ring still cursed? Or maybe Conrad died but not his spirit. How do deal with his spell in this case?
The rules of magic in grimm are not very well defined.

I have been giving this some thought, probably way more thought than Grimm ever would. First, Conrad may not have put the spell on the ring. I have often wondered if Diana isn't behind this. She was the one who used a spell via her dolls to get Adalind and Sean together in the first place.

I have also wondered if perhaps the ring is just enchanted, period and no one can break the spell. A hexenbiest version of the stick, so to speak.

RE: The rules of the Grimm fantasy world - brandon - 12-07-2016

What would have been more correct is to first kill her " Zauberbiest spirit " and then her earthly body. Because it encourages a body is the spirit.