Grimm Forum
hexenbiset = witches = no redemption - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: hexenbiset = witches = no redemption (/Thread-hexenbiset-witches-no-redemption)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: hexenbiset = witches = no redemption - syscrash - 12-17-2016

Quote:Interestingly (at least to me) the most mentally healthy people I know are current members of the clergy
IZZY does that include the religious individuals involved in the sex scandals, anti LGBT protest. How about preaching damnation to those that don't believe. You have the anti Muslim group. You also have the Christians against the Jewish population. How can you say mentally healthy when belief is based on faith and ignores facts.

You can believe what religion teaches without buying into church doctrine. The same as you can believe in the ideas promoted by the united states. Without agreeing with the hypocrisy shown by a lot of the prior acts done in the name of the united states.

RE: hexenbiset = witches = no redemption - brandon - 12-17-2016

Right here-Argentina,Mendoza-It was discovered that in a Catholic institute they were abusing deaf children.The main abuser came from Rome- sent it to another country because had already been abusing children-And the other priests made that they saw nothing.I read how they sent them to another place to cover everything and they returned to make theirs.
Must be imprisoned for life, regardless of the position they have,and blaming homosexuals-Saying that the reason for doing this is because they are gay priests.falsehood.Ruin the lives of children who sometimes ended up being homosexuals.In the case of women they end up being maybe lesbians,Is not always that way,If they fail to overcome it or become perpetrators.The truth is that the abuse of a child ends up affecting his life incredibly

RE: hexenbiset = witches = no redemption - New Guy - 12-17-2016

(12-17-2016, 03:58 AM)brandon Wrote: He that stops the punishment of his son hates him, but he who loves him disciplines him promptly. Proverbs 13:24

The annoyance of these religions is that they assure people that they have the only truth and the absolute truth( baptists, catholics, muslims)
Hi Brandon,
Your comment reminds me of the words of Jesus:
Quote:Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6 KJV
Jesus did speak absolute truth. He was not accepted by the Pharisees and died on a cross for speaking the truth. Regarding Biblical Law and prophecy Jesus said:
Quote:Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. Matthew 5:17 KJV
Some accept Jesus and others reject him. After 2000 years, many read John 14:6 see truth and seek His way.
N G

RE: hexenbiset = witches = no redemption - brandon - 12-17-2016

Jesús is jude. Remember.

RE: hexenbiset = witches = no redemption - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 12-17-2016

There is a Brazilian philosopher called Mario Sergio Cortella. He is very known here. He was asked once in a TV program about religion. He was asked if religion was a thing of stupid people.

His answer was perfect. He answered that religion is a thing of people. Animals don't have religion. People (human being) have religion. The point is that you have have great people everywhere where that are people, including religion. And you have stupid people everywhere where there are people,also including religion.

You have good atheist and atheist that is an idiot. You have good religious person and a religious person that is an idiot.

That same goes for cops, for teachers,...

The same goes for people from different nationalities. You have good Brazilians and stupid Brazilians. Good Americans and stupid Americans. Good Europeans and stupid Europeans...

I could pass all the night typing it...

The point is that good people practice religion in a good way. Stupid people practice religion in a stupid way. Stupid people should do almost everything in his life in a stupid way, including religion.

The problem is that sometimes stupid people have important position in the religion or they are so good in the way they spread their stupid and distorted message that many good people ended up doing things also in the stupid way.

RE: hexenbiset = witches = no redemption - New Guy - 12-17-2016

(12-17-2016, 05:21 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: There is a Brazilian philosopher called Mario Sergio Cortella. He is very known here. He was asked once in a TV program about religion. He was asked if religion was a thing of stupid people.

His answer was perfect. He answered that religion is a thing of people. Animals don't have religion. People (human being) have religion. The point is that you have have great people everywhere where that are people, including religion. And you have stupid people everywhere where there are people,also including religion.

You have good atheist and atheist that is an idiot. You have good religious person and a religious person that is an idiot.

That same goes for cops, for teachers,...

The same goes for people from different nationalities. You have good Brazilians and stupid Brazilians. Good Americans and stupid Americans. Good Europeans and stupid Europeans...

I could pass all the night typing it...

The point is that good people practice religion in a good way. Stupid people practice religion in a stupid way. Stupid people should do almost everything in his life in a stupid way, including religion.

The problem is that sometimes stupid people have important position in the religion or they are so good in the way they spread their stupid and distorted message that many good people ended up doing things also in the stupid way.
Hello Adriano,
What you say about human stupidity is correct. It exists in every, race, and nationality. Yet the words of Jesus have remain even 2000 after his birth, death and resurrection. During the Christmas season many people will wish for peace. People who are considered intelligent have great understanding. I will leave you with another Bible verse:
Quote:And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7 KJV
Peace be with you,
N G

It is when people try and equate good and bad with religion. or they use a person lack of religion to explain bad behavior. How many times have we heard that someone could not have done something because they are a christen that goes to church every sunday. or someone is immoral because they are an atheist. or they could change if only they believed in god. People are what they are because of the views they develop. Does religion help shape ones views, yes. but so do a lot of other things. That is like saying a bad kid is the result of bad parenting. Yes bad parenting can influence bad behavior but it does not make it a given out come.

RE: hexenbiset = witches = no redemption - izzy - 12-17-2016

(12-17-2016, 06:00 AM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:Interestingly (at least to me) the most mentally healthy people I know are current members of the clergy
IZZY does that include the religious individuals involved in the sex scandals, anti LGBT protest. How about preaching damnation to those that don't believe. You have the anti Muslim group. You also have the Christians against the Jewish population. How can you say mentally healthy when belief is based on faith and ignores facts.

You can believe what religion teaches without buying into church doctrine. The same as you can believe in the ideas promoted by the united states. Without agreeing with the hypocrisy shown by a lot of the prior acts done in the name of the united states.

Why don't you try actually quoting things in context rather than quoting them out of context? I get it, we all get it, you are a degenerate and organized religion stands as an affront to your lifestyle of debauchery and hedonism, so you take any opportunity you can to twist what someone posts so you can take a jab at religion.

Here is the actual quote, note it had caveats.

Interestingly (at least to me) the most mentally healthy people I know are current members of the clergy (using that for pastors, ministers and priests) who are not politically active and do not believe in god.

So the caveats

01) I have to know them, and I do not associate with people involved in sex scandals, however I have little doubt you do cavort with that ilk.
02) They are not into politics, hence they do not concern themselves with LGBT, as LGBT is a label created by political activist.
03) As stated they do not believe in god, so they certainly are not going to be preaching damnation, which by definition is something they would not believe in.

So what was the point of your post - oh yeah you selectively quoted so you could once again hop on your soapbox about the evils of religion. As I said, we all get it now, you are social degenerate who wants all of society to bask in the mire of decadence, perversity: just a endless series of bacchanalias. Check, got it.

Quote:So what was the point of your post - oh yeah you selectively quoted so you could once again hop on your soapbox about the evils of religion. As I said, we all get it now, you are social degenerate who wants all of society to bask in the mire of decadence, perversity: just a endless series of bacchanalias. Check, got it.
IZZY now you are the one misquoting. I never said I was against religion. I am against the self richest doctrines that is preached by a lot of churches. Noticed I said a lot of churches. Why because there are churches that only preach the message of tolerance, love, forgiveness, and equality.
Quote: LGBT is a label created by political activist.
LGBT is not a label. It is a designation. Just like being a red head or blonde.
Quote:[quote]
you are a degenerate and organized religion stands as an affront to your lifestyle of debauchery and hedonism
Statement like this Is exactly what I am talking about with having a problem with a lot of church doctrine. Religion does not dictate lifestyle. church doctrine does.

The point of my post. Views that include a lack of acceptance of others by definition shows a lack of morals. Nothing in my post indicates debauchery and hedonism. They my not agree with the narrow view of a lot of church doctrine takes in regards to sex and fun. But as adults we where meant to seek pleasure and as long as those involved are happy. how can you say it is wrong. It is illogical to judge the value of a person by how many or how offend they have sex. You have priest that are celibate yet do despicable things. You have adult entertainers that are of high character.

RE: hexenbiset = witches = no redemption - izzy - 12-17-2016

(12-17-2016, 09:06 PM)syscrash Wrote: IZZY now you are the one misquoting.

Uh,in order to misquote you, I uh, would have to misquote you; I did not. Just sayin'.

(12-17-2016, 09:06 PM)syscrash Wrote: LGBT is not a label. It is a designation. Just like being a red head or blonde.

Or sodomite, queer, fag, or fairy? Okay, I guess I am with you here - as strange as that may be. Good grief. ROTFLMAO!

(12-17-2016, 09:06 PM)syscrash Wrote: Nothing in my post indicates debauchery and hedonism.

Agreed. You did not say anything indicating debauchery and hedonism in that post. However you certainly have in other posts, among them this little gem.

syscrash Wrote:OK then ask your religious. Friends how many of the females feel comfortable enough to see a hot guy, walk up and tell them they want to have sex. How many feel, people will feel less of them if they have sex on the first date. How many of the guys can admit another guy looks hot. How many of the guys would not have a problem if some catches them masturbating. All of these examples have one thing in common. Their comfortableness exist only in the guilt associated with them. The good girls do not do that syndrome.

If your Mormon and Amish friends are so progressive whip out a multi speed vibrator and ask have you ever tried one of these, sure hits the spot. Take a vote how many of your religious friends think people working in the adult entertainment industry are abused misguided, morally corrupt individuals. How many of them would have trouble understanding adult actors are not forced, they enjoy what they do. How many would have trouble believing people in the industry have happy relationships, or marriages.

Of all the things I state her there is not one logical reason any should be objectionable other then repressive rules and ideas most initiated by the church. The biggest hypocrisy their is in society is. I spend $100 dollars on wine and dinner and sleep with you I am a gentleman. But if I hand you the $100 dollars so you can buy you own wine and dinner, you are now a prostitute and I am breaking the law. Here is another. I pay you to do a sex scene in a movie it is art. Take away the camera it is now prostitution. or here is one I pay for your apartment and expenses. I say your are my girlfriend everything is find. I don;t say that you are in handcuffs as a call girl. IN fact how is the so called " call girl " and different then the gold digger and the keep mistress.

It is all based on religious repressive attitude toward sex

and then there is this one (note I truncated the post, as the rest did not seem relevant to the illustration)

syscrash Wrote:New Guy you live in a time gone past. Having sex with someone is no different then shaking their hand. You may see a difference because of some moral belief. Not everyone only views sex as a romantic act. For some it is a source of entertainment. As a fact sleeping with a hot blond that catches your eye is not a bad thing. It does not make you any less of a person. It actual shows you are not comfortable to your self.

Cheers...