Grimm Forum
hexenbiset = witches = no redemption - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: hexenbiset = witches = no redemption (/Thread-hexenbiset-witches-no-redemption)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

hexenbiset = witches = no redemption - izzy - 11-30-2016

I just thought this might interest some of you.

Historically witches were almost always killed once accused or discovered. to give you a context consider heretics. Heretics were almost always given a chance at redemption in that they were allowed to confess, repent and ultimately submit to the Church. The were generally only executed after one or more relapses into heresy.

Witches were almost universally executed even if the confessed and begged for a chance at redemption. The church was simply unforgiving in this regard. Part of that was biblical as Leviticus 20:27 and exodus 22;18 are particularly unforgiving in this regard. re:

Leviticus 20:27

New International Version

"'A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.'"

King James Bible
A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
"Every man or woman who is a medium or a psychic must be put to death. They must be stoned to death because they deserve to die."

Exodus 22:18

"Do not allow a sorceress to live."

King James Bible
Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

GOD'S WORD® Translation

"Never let a witch live."

the point being, in terms of Grimm, it would be in good keeping for Juliette, Sean, Diana and Adalind to be put to death without regard for changes in character, sacrifices etc, i.e. without a chance for redemption. I rather like the idea from a statement standpoint and the overall shock value.

RE: hexenbiset = witches = no redemption - syscrash - 12-01-2016

Izzy you are viewing the show in a context of what you believe and how you think people should act. You judge their actions on your moral standards instead of what the writers define the characters to be. You blame Juliette for the trailer. Instead of realizing as a hexenbiest it was her obligation to retaliate when wronged. Over and Over they have pointed out that is what wesen do. It hs stated they live by their primal nature. This is not a show you can draw upon really world experiences to explain what the characters do.

RE: hexenbiset = witches = no redemption - izzy - 12-01-2016

(12-01-2016, 12:01 AM)syscrash Wrote: Izzy you are viewing the show in a context of what you believe and how you think people should act. You judge their actions on your moral standards instead of what the writers define the characters to be. You blame Juliette for the trailer. Instead of realizing as a hexenbiest it was her obligation to retaliate when wronged. Over and Over they have pointed out that is what wesen do. It hs stated they live by their primal nature. This is not a show you can draw upon really world experiences to explain what the characters do.

Yes, yes, we all get it. I am an idiot, Irukandji is an idiot, Newguy is an idiot, we all are idiots who do not get the intricacies that is the genius of the series Grimm, only the all seeing, all knowing Syscrash can interpret the show, possibly with the use of seer stones or the third eye.

What your comment has to do with the initial post is beyond me. The information was an FYI type of post, with the central message that historically no one ever gave an accused witch a break. Given the post, your commentary is a bit bizarre.

Hey, here is an idea, in the real world, you know that thing some of us live in, there are these people called psychiatrists, perhaps you should spend some time with one.

RE: hexenbiset = witches = no redemption - syscrash - 12-01-2016

My post are not insightful they are objective. Insightful would be to draw conclusions on implied intent. You original post is drawing an implied connection. What your post is referencing would be covered under the practice of wicca. The writers have said they do not base hexenbiest on the practice of wicca. Because your post mentions witches and the show has refereed to hexenbiest as witches. Does not make them the same. That is not being insightful. that is looking at the facts objectively.

The bigger problem is you are trying to quote a real life solution for an imaginary problem. Unless you actually think what your quotes refers to actually exist.

(12-01-2016, 03:07 AM)syscrash Wrote: My post are not insightful they are objective. Insightful would be to draw conclusions on implied intent. You original post is drawing an implied connection. What your post is referencing would be covered under the practice of wicca. The writers have said they do not base hexenbiest on the practice of wicca. Because your post mentions witches and the show has refereed to hexenbiest as witches. Does not make them the same. That is not being insightful. that is looking at the facts objectively.

The bigger problem is you are trying to quote a real life solution for an imaginary problem. Unless you actually think what your quotes refers to actually exist.

LOL - you are killing me here - oh my gosh...thanks I needed that.

RE: hexenbiset = witches = no redemption - brandon - 12-01-2016

I think only religious fanatic people could consider something like this.formerly what was not under the control of the church was a thing of the devil.know why only woman were guilty of witchcraft? Because she was considered feeble minded and men were superior.Sean mentions the " Witchs hammer". Was actually a book, a treatise on witches and how to kill them

(12-01-2016, 05:36 AM)brandon Wrote: I think only religious fanatic people could consider something like this.formerly what was not under the control of the church was a thing of the devil.know why only woman were guilty of witchcraft? Because she was considered feeble minded and men were superior.

Just to add to your comments, in actuality many men were put to death as witches, it was not restricted by gender.

RE: hexenbiset = witches = no redemption - rpmaluki - 12-01-2016

(11-30-2016, 11:08 PM)izzy Wrote: I just thought this might interest some of you.

Historically witches were almost always killed once accused or discovered. to give you a context consider heretics. Heretics were almost always given a chance at redemption in that they were allowed to confess, repent and ultimately submit to the Church. The were generally only executed after one or more relapses into heresy.

Witches were almost universally executed even if the confessed and begged for a chance at redemption. The church was simply unforgiving in this regard. Part of that was biblical as Leviticus 20:27 and exodus 22;18 are particularly unforgiving in this regard. re:

Leviticus 20:27

"'A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.'"

King James Bible
A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
"Every man or woman who is a medium or a psychic must be put to death. They must be stoned to death because they deserve to die."

Exodus 22:18

"Do not allow a sorceress to live."

King James Bible
Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

GOD'S WORD® Translation

"Never let a witch live."

the point being, in terms of Grimm, it would be in good keeping for Juliette, Sean, Diana and Adalind to be put to death without regard for changes in character, sacrifices etc, i.e. without a chance for redemption. I rather like the idea from a statement standpoint and the overall shock value.
I think everyone deserves a shot a redemption if they seek it.

RE: hexenbiset = witches = no redemption - irukandji - 12-01-2016

Just a hypothetical question here. Could Grimms have been responsible for bringing hexenbiests out in the open and subsequently having them persecuted?

RE: hexenbiset = witches = no redemption - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 12-01-2016

(12-01-2016, 07:02 AM)irukandji Wrote: Just a hypothetical question here. Could Grimms have been responsible for bringing hexenbiests out in the open and subsequently having them persecuted?

Just a hypothetical answer... I think that would be exactly the case... The grimms hunted the hexanbiests and brought them out to execution. That would be one of the historical reasons for the enemy feelings between grimms and hexanbiests. Don’t you think?