Grimm Forum
What 6 weeks to the first episode - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: What 6 weeks to the first episode (/Thread-What-6-weeks-to-the-first-episode)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: What 6 weeks to the first episode - Hell Rell - 11-30-2016

Nick didn't buy the fome after the fact. He told Adalind he was looking to find them a safer place but he hadn't bought the fome yet. Nick assumed Adalind would come along and she was surprised but he was still searching at the time. Adalind agreed to move with him even though she didn't know where.

RE: What 6 weeks to the first episode - MarylikesGrimm - 11-30-2016

(11-30-2016, 07:30 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:Adalind has made it clear she does not want to be with Sean that is why he is sleeping in a chair. She would leave if were up to her.

Adalind asked Nick to sleep with her the first day at the fome. He had given her the full sized bed and he first slept in a twin sized bed.

Nick not telling Adalind more about the tunnels which run throughout the city does not change the fact he bought the place for Adalind and her children.
When Adalind lost her apartment in season 2, Sean first paid for a new apartment then the royals did. Adalind is the one character that complaints the most about not having money during the entire show and when she got money they showed where she got it from.

Diana is too dangerous for the law office since she kills at the drop of hat with little control and Kelly is still in danger. Black claw and similar minded wesen would still try to hurt Kelly because of who is father is. Diana is the out of control hexenbeist for season six.

Adalind is very deeply in love with Nick which is in the note and she has said over and over again. Only reason they would break up at this point is if Nick wanted to live with Eve/Juliette and he would feel guilty and I strongly believe keep his word to let Adalind stay at the fome and he would move out. That way Nick could guarantee that she would not go back to Sean.
What does Adalind not wanting a relationship with Sean have to do with her not staying at the mansion.

Everything Adalind has done involving Nick has been to secure her standing with him. When she kissed him. It was after she found out Juliette was not dead. When she sleep with him it was before his trip. The second time was after Eve came to the fome. She may have feeling for him. But she is more into self preservation. She has always been a survivor. Even the way she left Nick was for her own self interest.

You have never seen Diana do anything that was not warranted. You may not agree with what she does. But then you are not a hexenbiest. Diana action are well within the realm of what hexenbiest or any other wesen do. You do remember they are primal creatures. Kelly has never been a target, he has been a pawn but never a target. Kelly's dad being Nick make no more difference then Diana's father being Sean. The show does not define relations like that.

Nick bought the fome without even knowing if Adalind would come with him. He asked her after the fact. She was even surprised when he asked.
Adalind being madly in love with Nick is a romantic notion people try and make because they have a kid together. Even if Adalind does have feeling for Nick. Nick has not shown one minute of affection for her. Even when asked Nick says he is not sure how he should feel. His logic always comes down to Adalind being the mother of his child.
While at the fome Adalind has already had secret meetings with Sean. We know she does what she wants. She sleeps with who she wants. It would be very misguided to feel she was devoted to Nick. My be a nice romantic notion. But nothing in the show indicates that plus the format does not make devotion a requirement.

Nick, Trubel, Rosalee, Sean, Monroe and Conrad knew or said she is in love with Nick on top of the note she wrote. The show went way out of the way to show this.

Nick repeatedly said that he was responsible for Adalind and Kelly. When my husband calls me the mother of his children he is not insulting me because it is a compliment. Nick says and believes Adalind is a good mother to Kelly. I agree that the show has made Nick's feelings for Adalind a lot less clear than Adalind which I believe is on purpose. Nick concern about his son is very high and clear.

Adalind often went many months without sex with anyone looking for her daughter. Nick bought the fome "to keep us secure" and to protect his son.

Adalind often is more concerned about her children than herself that is why she left Nick. She was never in any danger only her children were. She can remove the ring at any time without hurting herself. She does not remove it because she does not want to hurt her children.

RE: What 6 weeks to the first episode - Purity - 12-01-2016

Quote:Nick, Trubel, Rosalee, Sean, Monroe and Conrad knew or said she is in love with Nick on top of the note she wrote. The show went way out of the way to show this.

Nick repeatedly said that he was responsible for Adalind and Kelly. When my husband calls me the mother of his children he is not insulting me because it is a compliment. Nick says and believes Adalind is a good mother to Kelly. I agree that the show has made Nick's feelings for Adalind a lot less clear than Adalind which I believe is on purpose. Nick concern about his son is very high and clear.

Adalind often went many months without sex with anyone looking for her daughter. Nick bought the fome "to keep us secure" and to protect his son.

Adalind often is more concerned about her children than herself that is why she left Nick. She was never in any danger only her children were. She can remove the ring at any time without hurting herself. She does not remove it because she does not want to hurt her children.

I agree with you here on many levels,

though....
Quote:I agree that the show has made Nick's feelings for Adalind a lot less clear than Adalind which I believe is on purpose.

I think they will answer that in season 6 (I hope he does Smile )

Quote:Nick bought the fome "to keep us secure" and to protect his son.
Both Adalind and son. The both of them are priority. he has mentioned it that how he feels for them will never change.

Quote:Adalind often is more concerned about her children than herself that is why she left Nick. She was never in any danger only her children were.

true, but I think she also wanted to protect Nick. Many times she has been worried about Nick at work, and travelling to Germany, that one day he may not come back cause he dies. Same here, she feared for his life because she understood a big force was coming after him. It shows how much she really loves him.

I think her priority too is to come back to Nick and be with him.

RE: What 6 weeks to the first episode - syscrash - 12-01-2016

Both Adalind and son. The both of them are priority. he has mentioned it that how he feels for them will never change.
How could Nick have bought the fome for Adalind and Kelly. If he bought it before he even asked her if she was going to go with him.
Quote:Adalind often is more concerned about her children than herself that is why she left Nick. She was never in any danger only her children were.

true, but I think she also wanted to protect Nick. Many times she has been worried about Nick at work, and travelling to Germany, that one day he may not come back cause he dies. Same here, she feared for his life because she understood a big force was coming after him. It shows how much she really loves him.
How was Adalind protecting Nick. It was her leaving and going to Sean that caused Nick to be captured and for BC to learn where Nick stays. Diana is Sean daughter why would she worry about Diana knowing she was with Sean.

Where she is now she has both her children. A nice place to live. She has access to connections that would come in handy at the law firm. She has way more protection then being with Nick. She can be herself, she doesn't have to hide being a hexenbiest. She does not have to worry about what Diana does. What could be the possible downside to staying where she is. She has already shown she can live in the mansion and not have to be with Sean.

Why would Adalind want to go back to Nick. What could he possible offer her. Especially now the Juliette / Eve is back. So what is the downside about staying at the mansion.

RE: What 6 weeks to the first episode - Purity - 12-01-2016

(12-01-2016, 01:53 AM)syscrash Wrote:
How could Nick have bought the fome for Adalind and Kelly. If he bought it before he even asked her if she was going to go with him.

How was Adalind protecting Nick. It was her leaving and going to Sean that caused Nick to be captured and for BC to learn where Nick stays. Diana is Sean daughter why would she worry about Diana knowing she was with Sean.

Where she is now she has both her children. A nice place to live. She has access to connections that would come in handy at the law firm. She has way more protection then being with Nick. She can be herself, she doesn't have to hide being a hexenbiest. She does not have to worry about what Diana does. What could be the possible downside to staying where she is. She has already shown she can live in the mansion and not have to be with Sean.

Why would Adalind want to go back to Nick. What could he possible offer her. Especially now the Juliette / Eve is back. So what is the downside about staying at the mansion.

Quote:How could Nick have bought the fome for Adalind and Kelly. If he bought it before he even asked her if she was going to go with him.

He did not buy the fome before he asked her, he bought it after he asked her. He had to sell his old house to buy it. there was also a way he asked her and looked at her as if he knew she was going to say yes, because she had already made it clear she wanted him around, ofcourse they both did not trust each other yet.

Quote:How was Adalind protecting Nick. It was her leaving and going to Sean that caused Nick to be captured and for BC to learn where Nick stays. Diana is Sean daughter why would she worry about Diana knowing she was with Sean.

Ofcourse she was protecting him too as same with her children, it was even in her note. So many things were happening negative then that she was in a tight spot. Black mailed by both Saun and BC, not to talk of threatened multiple times too. She even cried in the foame not wanting to take kelly away,

Nick Also understood the position she was put in and did not blame her, rather tries/will try to save her and the children.

Quote:Why would Adalind want to go back to Nick. What could he possible offer her. Especially now the Juliette / Eve is back. So what is the downside about staying at the mansion.

Answer to that question is she loves him. It has nothing to do with mansions. And I do not think Eve/Juliette being back will change anything. I do beleive Nick will want closure with Juliette on the pain he has lingering with death of his mum and others. How that will be played out, we will see.

My understanding is Nick has moved on. he just needs closure and a peace of mind with Juliette and continue to move on. S6 will give more.

Quote:How was Adalind protecting Nick. It was her leaving and going to Sean that caused Nick to be captured and for BC to learn where Nick stays. Diana is Sean daughter why would she worry about Diana knowing she was with Sean.

Ofcourse she was protecting him too as same with her children, it was even in her note. So many things were happening negative then that she was in a tight spot. Black mailed by both Saun and BC, not to talk of threatened multiple times too. She even cried in the foame not wanting to take kelly away,
The question is how was she protecting Nick. Before she left the fome no one was even after Nick. Sean was trying to recruit him. Yes the note said she was protecting him. But exactly how was that going to happen. What was she protecting him from.

To think Adalind would sacrifice for love is a misguided romantic notion that Adalind has never shown.
As for Nick and Eve. We have seen to many episodes of Nick and Eve together to think she is still angry. They have put their lives in each others hand. No other act on the show has caused a grudge that last over a couple of episodes.
You keep seeing the show with these romantic notions that do not exist.

RE: What 6 weeks to the first episode - MarylikesGrimm - 12-01-2016

(12-01-2016, 02:50 AM)syscrash Wrote:

The question is how was she protecting Nick. Before she left the fome no one was even after Nick. Sean was trying to recruit him. Yes the note said she was protecting him. But exactly how was that going to happen. What was she protecting him from.

To think Adalind would sacrifice for love is a misguided romantic notion that Adalind has never shown.
As for Nick and Eve. We have seen to many episodes of Nick and Eve together to think she is still angry. They have put their lives in each others hand. No other act on the show has caused a grudge that last over a couple of episodes.

Adalind has lost a great deal going after her daughter and protecting both of her children. Adalind has been sacrificing herself for them including leaving the man she loved, Nick. This is not a romantic notion this is how we reproduce. We have children and we protect them. There is no question in my mind she would die to protect her children and regrets her mistakes of season 2.

Actor David G. says Nick thinks of Adalind as a "mother bear" and nobody wants to mess with her.

What has Adalind lost because of her children. Leaving Nick is not a sacrifice. Adalind never had Nick. The most she got from him was reluctant sex. Nick has never recepricated the affection Adalind has shown. But then Adalind affection seems to come when she is concerned about her status with Nick. If at least once she made advances toward Nick without a reason attached. It might seem sincere. If with all the other men she did not suduce them, then maybe her actions with Nick could be belived.

RE: What 6 weeks to the first episode - MarylikesGrimm - 12-01-2016

(12-01-2016, 06:27 AM)syscrash Wrote: What has Adalind lost because of her children. Leaving Nick is not a sacrifice.

Adalind lost a great deal. She can barely work a job and is overwhelmed with caring for her two children. As David G. and so many characters on the show have said, she has respect as a mother at this point.

As a parent of a child that had many years of serious behavior issues when they were young, I realize how much work these children can be.

Do you see all parents as self serving?

RE: What 6 weeks to the first episode - Hell Rell - 12-01-2016

(12-01-2016, 02:50 AM)syscrash Wrote:

It may be hard to believe but the show is telling us Adalind was protecting Nick and that she loves him. It was in the note. It's not being played as false.

There was a lot of discussion about whether Juliette knew Kelly would be killed. You said she didn't because that what she and the show told us even though she would have to be a complete moron to not even consider it but you said it was the truth. You said Adalind was lying when she said she loved and was trying to protect Nick because it doesn't seem plausible. Why do you think she's lying but think Juliette was telling the truth when she said she didn't know Kelly would be killed when that's just as implausible?