Grimm Forum
What can we get from Buffy and how Grimm may end - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 6 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: What can we get from Buffy and how Grimm may end (/Thread-What-can-we-get-from-Buffy-and-how-Grimm-may-end)

What can we get from Buffy and how Grimm may end - jsgrimm45 - 11-02-2016

Having never seen Buffy and seeing the posts on how they are similar I never could post on this. Now that I have Netflix I been watching Buffy and do see some of the similar points. Like the scoobies and even Trubel with a second slayer like Trubel showing up even taking Angel as Monroe.. As I never go to the end of a book or series the posters who have seen the complete Buffy series is there anything we can gain for how Buffy ended?

RE: What can we get from Buffy and how Grimm may end - syscrash - 11-02-2016

Buffy spent the entire series working on a relation. Only to end up alone yet content, having accepted what she is. I would think Nick does the same. Both slayers and Grimms are defined as solitary individuals, how life is defined by there calling. Anya was a demon that joined the group. She only looked out for herself. She was learning compassion for others. She also wanted to no longer be a demon. Other then Adalind having kids. Anya and Adalind have the same learning story arch. Anya's going from self interest to compassion for others caused her to be sacrificed. You have spike who patterns Sean story arch. Always with some self serving scheme. In the end he scrafices for the greater good. I see the Buffy Angel the same as Nick and Juliette. A relation ship that they want to happen but it can't because of who and what they are. A vampire slayer with a vampire vs a Grimm with a Hexenbiest. Just like Juliette went all evil and attacked her friends. So did Angel. The two shows used the same trigger having sex. Buffy ended with a defeat of the major threat as if it was just another day. I see Eve like Angel wanting a relationship but realizing it is not possible. Eve and Nick will work together with Eve always having Nick back. Just like Angeles always looked out for Buffy.

RE: What can we get from Buffy and how Grimm may end - jsgrimm45 - 11-03-2016

(11-02-2016, 11:23 AM)syscrash Wrote: Buffy spent the entire series working on a relation. Only to end up alone yet content, having accepted what she is. I would think Nick does the same. Both slayers and Grimms are defined as solitary individuals, how life is defined by there calling. Anya was a demon that joined the group. She only looked out for herself. She was learning compassion for others. She also wanted to no longer be a demon. Other then Adalind having kids. Anya and Adalind have the same learning story arch. Anya's going from self interest to compassion for others caused her to be sacrificed. You have spike who patterns Sean story arch. Always with some self serving scheme. In the end he scrafices for the greater good. I see the Buffy Angel the same as Nick and Juliette. A relation ship that they want to happen but it can't because of who and what they are. A vampire slayer with a vampire vs a Grimm with a Hexenbiest. Just like Juliette went all evil and attacked her friends. So did Angel. The two shows used the same trigger having sex. Buffy ended with a defeat of the major threat as if it was just another day. I see Eve like Angel wanting a relationship but realizing it is not possible. Eve and Nick will work together with Eve always having Nick back. Just like Angeles always looked out for Buffy.
Now for a real dumb question (I'm getting to the end of season 3) who in Grimm matches Giles? Monroe is the only one I can think of and how did does who even do in Buffy?

RE: What can we get from Buffy and how Grimm may end - MarylikesGrimm - 11-03-2016

(11-02-2016, 11:23 AM)syscrash Wrote: Buffy spent the entire series working on a relation. Only to end up alone yet content, having accepted what she is. I would think Nick does the same. Both slayers and Grimms are defined as solitary individuals, how life is defined by there calling. Anya was a demon that joined the group. She only looked out for herself. She was learning compassion for others. She also wanted to no longer be a demon. Other then Adalind having kids. Anya and Adalind have the same learning story arch. Anya's going from self interest to compassion for others caused her to be sacrificed. You have spike who patterns Sean story arch. Always with some self serving scheme. In the end he scrafices for the greater good. I see the Buffy Angel the same as Nick and Juliette. A relation ship that they want to happen but it can't because of who and what they are. A vampire slayer with a vampire vs a Grimm with a Hexenbiest. Just like Juliette went all evil and attacked her friends. So did Angel. The two shows used the same trigger having sex. Buffy ended with a defeat of the major threat as if it was just another day. I see Eve like Angel wanting a relationship but realizing it is not possible. Eve and Nick will work together with Eve always having Nick back. Just like Angeles always looked out for Buffy.

The show Angel explained that Buffy found another Vampire boyfriend and that is why Spike could not go back to her instead joined the show Angel for a time. Buffy was the legal guardian for her sister who was in high school and Buffy was never alone just like Nick or many grimms are not.

RE: What can we get from Buffy and how Grimm may end - syscrash - 11-03-2016

Spike was never Buffy boy friend. When Buffy came back from the dead. BY that I mean in a casket buried in the ground dead. He was the only one she could relate to. He understood what it was like to rise from the dead. Buffy had the scoobies so she was never physically alone. BUT emotional she was. That is why she could never get close to Riely.

RE: What can we get from Buffy and how Grimm may end - MarylikesGrimm - 11-03-2016

(11-03-2016, 01:40 PM)syscrash Wrote: Spike was never Buffy boy friend. When Buffy came back from the dead. BY that I mean in a casket buried in the ground dead. He was the only one she could relate to. He understood what it was like to rise from the dead. Buffy had the scoobies so she was never physically alone. BUT emotional she was. That is why she could never get close to Riely.

This article ranked him number one out of 14 Buffy boyfriends from the TV show.

http://www.nerve.com/entertainment/ranked/ranked-buffys-boyfriends-from-buffy-the-vampire-slayer

RE: What can we get from Buffy and how Grimm may end - syscrash - 11-03-2016

They call Spike a boyfriend because they sleep together. Spike was trying to form a relation Buffy was not. Buffy was using him to try an kill the feelings she was having from being snatched from heaven by her friends. Friends who where trying to overcome their own feelings. The same as Juliette's friends where trying to do.