Grimm Forum
Trubel's mental status - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Trubel's mental status (/Thread-Trubel-s-mental-status)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Trubel's mental status - irukandji - 10-21-2016

(10-16-2016, 07:57 PM)syscrash Wrote: She was in and out because she tried to explain what she was seeing. It is the fact that she always held on to the knowledge that what she saw was real and not a hallucination. Even though everyone was telling her they where. Even those rational thinking could not explain how it could be true. She still was convinced she was not crazy. But then Juliette did not concede she was crazy either. She excepted she could not explain what she saw eventually seeking answers which lead to Monroe and Rosalee woging for her. Both case would have drove the average person mad. It put Wu in the hospital, and Hank sitting in the dark with a gun.

If Trubel was put into a mental institution for seeing monsters and continues to see monsters in spite of being treated, she's not going to be in and out of mental institutions. No psychiatrist is going to release her because if she continues to insist she sees monsters, she's not improving. It'd make more sense for Trubel to shut her mouth and keep quiet about the monsters, take her medication, pretend to be improving, and eventually she would be released.

That's why I'm wondering if she had other mental issues going on. For instance, she might have been depressed to the point of being suicidal. For that reason, she could have been in and out of mental institutions, been treated for her depression and then released when she actually improved.

RE: Trubel's mental status - syscrash - 10-21-2016

With Trubel having a number of encounters. I would imagine she does not go around trying to convenience people the monsters a real. But the attack while still shaken she more then like is muttering about the monsters. Remember she know they are real but does not know what they are or why they are coming after her. Some of the times she was committed was from confiding in someone she trusted that turned her in. Remember she had a record of being arrested but never convicted. She may have used seeing monsters as an insanity defense saying she is off her medication. Spends a few months in acts like she is taken her medication acts as though she is getting better so she can be released.

RE: Trubel's mental status - jsgrimm45 - 10-22-2016

When we look at Trubel the Grimm and Nick the Grimm we see two different Grimms. Trubel now knows she is a Grimm and works as a Grimm, but when working with HW she only came in contact with wesen wanting to kill her. Nick now as police officer come in contact with wesen, but he must figure out how to handle this information are they a victim or enemy?

When Trubel works with Nick she understands this and lets Nick take the lead, when Trubel is working with HW there is no question so she is pure Grimm more in the Kelly line of Grimms. Look a the first meeting between Kelly and Monroe/Rosalee she attacked without any information, now on the other side when Monroe's parents meet Nick they attack without any information on Nick.

This was Trubel world until she meets Nick so she is quicker to attack look and meeting Monroe's uncle they both react. Monroe uncle was willing to take Monroe's word on Nick but was surprised by a second Grimm, even after Rosalee/Monroe both had said they were friends.

So what does this say about Trubel and Nick mental state?

RE: Trubel's mental status - brandon - 10-22-2016

Trubel has gone through other things.Nick started as police,the act would not know at first when Nick was a "witness Wesen"(and the guy came out not scared).Nick has going for years as police,and I saw many cadavers.although neither it has been easy to live with it in their daily life.

RE: Trubel's mental status - syscrash - 10-22-2016

The reaction wesen have to Grimm's or Grimm's have to wesen have nothing to do with mental state. It is not even a rational response. It is purely an instinctual response. The same response that causes you to jump seeing a car coming at you on a TV screen.

RE: Trubel's mental status - irukandji - 10-24-2016

(10-22-2016, 07:36 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Look a the first meeting between Kelly and Monroe/Rosalee she attacked without any information, now on the other side when Monroe's parents meet Nick they attack without any information on Nick.

This is a very interesting thought. Do you think there is some mental deformity that causes these two species to attack one another?

RE: Trubel's mental status - syscrash - 10-24-2016

why would instinct be a mental deformity. People react with fear from things they see on TV. Is that a mental deformity. You know it is not real but you still jump. By definition it is an irrational response. You are responding to a danger that does not exist. Wesen and Grimm response would be more akin to racial bias. They have been told a certain group is dangerous and that it how they react. Like Nick and others once they learn to understand the others. They no longer have the fear. I would not say that is a mental deformity. It is a mental deformity if you refuse to acknowledge the bias exist. And can not over come it.

RE: Trubel's mental status - irukandji - 10-24-2016

(10-24-2016, 05:10 PM)syscrash Wrote: why would instinct be a mental deformity. People react with fear from things they see on TV. Is that a mental deformity. You know it is not real but you still jump. By definition it is an irrational response. You are responding to a danger that does not exist. Wesen and Grimm response would be more akin to racial bias. They have been told a certain group is dangerous and that it how they react. Like Nick and others once they learn to understand the others. They no longer have the fear. I would not say that is a mental deformity. It is a mental deformity if you refuse to acknowledge the bias exist. And can not over come it.

Why do you say it's an instinct?

RE: Trubel's mental status - syscrash - 10-24-2016

I say it is instinct because each time it happens it is an uncontrollable reflect. Even Monroe's uncle apologized for his reaction.

RE: Trubel's mental status - irukandji - 10-25-2016

(10-24-2016, 05:10 PM)syscrash Wrote: why would instinct be a mental deformity.

If you're an animal, it'd be fine. I don't think it'd be such a great thing in humans, do you?

(10-24-2016, 05:10 PM)syscrash Wrote: People react with fear from things they see on TV. Is that a mental deformity. You know it is not real but you still jump. By definition it is an irrational response. You are responding to a danger that does not exist.

According to your definition, an instinct would be something all people share. Yet not all people jump when startled by something they see on television. Some don't jump at all. Many don't jump after seeing it the second time because guess what? They know it's coming.

With all that said, I don't know of anyone who's attacked their television because of some kind of instinctual response.

(10-24-2016, 05:10 PM)syscrash Wrote: Wesen and Grimm response would be more akin to racial bias. They have been told a certain group is dangerous and that it how they react. Like Nick and others once they learn to understand the others. They no longer have the fear. I would not say that is a mental deformity. It is a mental deformity if you refuse to acknowledge the bias exist. And can not over come it.

By your own words, that is not an instinct. It is a learned response. Humans are not born automatically hating. They have to have someone show them how to hate.

Even at that, however, a lot of humans know hate, but yet do not attack others on sight. Note I said a lot, not all. Wesen and grimms seem to have a higher preponderance to attack on sight, according to what we've seen on Grimm. They're not doing it to save themselves, protect their young, or protect the species in general.

They're just doing it for no reason. That's why I wonder if it's due to some kind of mental deformity.