Grimm Forum
Trubel's mental status - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Trubel's mental status (/Thread-Trubel-s-mental-status)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Trubel's mental status - eric - 10-16-2016

On another thread-"Intelligent Female"- there has been a discussion of Truble's mental health. She's been told since age 12 to 14 that she is crazy, been committed several times, being homeless and apparently friendless for years, I would guess has been on several diets of drugs to cure her problem. All of a sudden she meets people who see what she sees, have books showing these critters as real, even meets a couple of monsters who do not try to kill her but counsel her. How then could she be suddenly act normal? In my experience those who are reality challenged have been on drugs that helped, but they do not like the side effects. Once she experiences confirmation-Monroe and Rosalee woging - she knows she is not alone, and needs to begin developing social skills, like eating with other people. I see her rapid development to feeling and acting "normal" believable .

RE: Trubel's mental status - syscrash - 10-16-2016

If you mean by being normal you mean becoming a soccer mom. Or working a 9 to 5 buying a house and joining the PTA. Then no she will not be normal. She will always be a warrior. That is the same with Nick the longer he is a Grimm the more war like his out look becomes. We ended season 5 with him going into full on fighting mode. determined to kill everyone that came at him. He locked the door and was trying to kill Sean in his own office. What I find interesting is Nick is showing the same uncontrollable rage Juliette showed. Yet with Nick people find it understandable.
Could Trubel settle down and live the family life. I don't see her wanting to give up the excitement of being a Grimm. Remember she has been a Grimm long before she knew she was a Grimm. Nick just became a Grimm and even he has falling in love with the power. Not sure he likes being always in the situations he finds himself in. The same as Adalind being a hexnebiest. She enjoys the powers but hates the consequences. The is what I wonder about Eve. She enjoys the power, with her feeling back will she regret what she has to give up. Will she regret the consequences of being wesen. Take Monroe he like being a Blutbod and all that entailed. It is the consequences that caused him to change.

RE: Trubel's mental status - jsgrimm45 - 10-16-2016

She talked about being in and out of mental wards. So we know when she told the truth she had problems with those hearing it. Now if a psychiatrist was wesen they would know what she was saying was correct. Now would a psychiatrist test her to see if she was a Grimm or would they hide their ID?

Now once she finds out what she is seeing and how this plays into her life. I see a person who has always had a base of self now can add to this base. This time IMO the writers did a good job on the character.

RE: Trubel's mental status - Robyn - 10-16-2016

A person without a support group who’s afflicted with psychosis untreated for two or more years can come to understand their hallucinations aren’t real, and they can lead a normal life with adequate treatment. But they don’t rapidly development to feeling and acting normal. Because for them, what we consider normal isn’t what they’ve experienced as normal for them, nor have they had the opportunity to develop social skills.

Trubel’s assumed hallucinations actually being real doesn’t necessarily open the door to a rapid development to feeling and acting normal. Relief, yes. Just to find out there are others like her and that she isn’t crazy would be a huge relief, but not a springboard to normalcy. Trubel settled into a routine with Nick and the group, but she didn’t socialize outside the group, nor was she encouraged to, as in - take a few courses at the local college, meet people your own age, not every stranger is a potential threat. Trubel didn’t venture out until she hooked up with HW, and that was a more military styled life than what she had with Nick.

I don’t see where anyone made a effort to help Trubel understand she had options, that there was more to life than just being a Grimm. And I wonder whether Trubel is a dedicated Grimm & HW operative because that’s what she really wants, or because that’s the only life she’s known where life makes sense to her and gives her control.

RE: Trubel's mental status - eric - 10-16-2016

"Normal" comes in many shapes and forms. IMO what is normal to you may not be normal to me. Normal New Orleans Mardi Gras behavior would not be normal behavior at the Idaho State Fair. Trouble can't be expected to become fully "normal" in a weekend or in a few months. She has learned that all wessen were not evil, was able to establish ties with a few friends/associates, to realise kill or be killed was not the only way to deal with the world-it takes a long trip to learn what you options are and what to choose.

RE: Trubel's mental status - irukandji - 10-16-2016

(10-16-2016, 02:40 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: She talked about being in and out of mental wards. So we know when she told the truth she had problems with those hearing it. Now if a psychiatrist was wesen they would know what she was saying was correct. Now would a psychiatrist test her to see if she was a Grimm or would they hide their ID?

Trubel's statement that's she's been in and out of mental wards has got me thinking. While I can see the creators leading us to believe that it was because she was "seeing monsters", what if it was for some other mental conditions?

RE: Trubel's mental status - syscrash - 10-16-2016

She was in and out because she tried to explain what she was seeing. It is the fact that she always held on to the knowledge that what she saw was real and not a hallucination. Even though everyone was telling her they where. Even those rational thinking could not explain how it could be true. She still was convinced she was not crazy. But then Juliette did not concede she was crazy either. She excepted she could not explain what she saw eventually seeking answers which lead to Monroe and Rosalee woging for her. Both case would have drove the average person mad. It put Wu in the hospital, and Hank sitting in the dark with a gun.

RE: Trubel's mental status - jsgrimm45 - 10-17-2016

(10-16-2016, 07:57 PM)syscrash Wrote: She was in and out because she tried to explain what she was seeing. It is the fact that she always held on to the knowledge that what she saw was real and not a hallucination. Even though everyone was telling her they where. Even those rational thinking could not explain how it could be true. She still was convinced she was not crazy. But then Juliette did not concede she was crazy either. She excepted she could not explain what she saw eventually seeking answers which lead to Monroe and Rosalee woging for her. Both case would have drove the average person mad. It put Wu in the hospital, and Hank sitting in the dark with a gun.
In Juliette case she had figured out somethings was happening she did not understand, but was ready to hear what it was. Hank and Wu were off guard and didn't come to this the same way. So Hank and Wu were not prepared so they doubt what they had seen as being true and doubt the own eyes.

RE: Trubel's mental status - syscrash - 10-19-2016

Trubel and Juliette twice had scenes where emotions over rode logic. When Juliette burned the trailer that was pure emotion. Trubel reaction to Adalind leaving Nick with Kelly was the one time Trubel was being moved by emotion. Other then that both women's actions where calculating. Unlike the others including Nick who react based on emotion. This would explain why these two women where able to over come the adversity they where presented with. Like Wu they sought to find answers. The others accepted the information provided to them. While the others either over reacted or got them selves in trouble. Only Juliette, Truble and Wu never put themselves in harms way. They where the target of an attack. Where Nick, Hank, Adalind actions got them in trouble. Nick looked in the books to solve a case. Juliette and Wu looked in the books for knowledge.
Trubel is so accepting of who and what she is. Her mental state is much more stable then Nicks. Trubel and Juliette are not conflicted by what they are. Nick is very slow at accepting what he is. Nick is to busy trying to reconcile what he feels with what he is. Even Adalind is conflicted not wanting to be a hexenbiest instead of accepting that she is.

RE: Trubel's mental status - Renardfan99 - 10-21-2016

Juliette should have stayed dead and Trubel was never needed on this show as a Grimm. Nick IS the Grimm and it was fine when we saw Marie and his mother and even Roland, but Trubel was just a waste of space, IMO, and took away from Nick the titled character.