Grimm Forum
When did Adalind start to fall in love - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+--- Thread: When did Adalind start to fall in love (/Thread-When-did-Adalind-start-to-fall-in-love)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - syscrash - 10-19-2016

(10-19-2016, 11:29 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I don't think even Adalind thought Juliette would go that far at first. She told Kenneth that she wouldn't count on Juliette betraying Nick after she had that bar fight and coming to the conclusion that she was embracing he Hexenbiest. Adalind came to Nick for protection because she didn't think Juliette would attack Nick like she would attack her. She was even surprised at Juliette burning the trailer.

As much as Juliette was embracing the Hexenbiest, Adalind was still shocked that Juliette decided not to drink the potion. Adalind thought Juliette had a grudge against her but didn't seem to think she would do that to the gang. There's blame to go around for the crew not taking enough caution but I can't sit here and say it was easy for them to predict just how far she would go. Juliette gave off the impression that she didn't want anything to do with them after she rejected the potion so there wasn't any substantial reason to believe she would side with the Royals and lure Kelly out of hiding.

If you noticed Adalind was not surprised what Juliette did she was surprised that Juliette did it. She had never seen someone turn into a hexenbiest. She found it hard to except that Juliette was no longer Juliette. That was the same with the others. They only saw Juliette. Even when in jail Roseale keep insisting that was not Juliette speaking. That is why they where insisting on the cure. The refused to accpet what she was telling them tha she had changed. That

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - brandon - 10-19-2016

I not think it was because she rejected the cure.Juliette was not interested in them. could have talked to them.rejecting what nick offered( love)
because they were not being what could be together. had no faith in him.I hope to see Adalind and Nick together.

for me there was never attraction between them.she bit him instead of giving him a slap.He'd know how it could react Adalind.as happened with a friend of Monroe(murderer the guy who wanted to rape her).to break the spell he was to mix the two bloods

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - irukandji - 10-20-2016

Quote:brandon wrote:
I not think it was because she rejected the cure.Juliette was not interested in them. could have talked to them.rejecting what nick offered( love)

To offer means to present something to someone to accept or reject as so desired. That certainly did not happen in the case of the potion.

Consider the scene:

Nick and Hank were present and fully armed. If the potion was offered out of love, as you state, Brandon, guns would not be needed.

Juliette was not given the right to refuse the potion. When she told Nick she liked who she was, what did he do? Told her, "we don't".

The overwhelming lack of intelligence on the part of Nick and the scoobies never fails to astonish me. Adalind knew the scoobies were going to seek and find a cure for Nick, and that that cure would cause Juliette to turn into a hexenbiest. Adalind knew of a suppression potion that could stop the hexenbiest in Juliette.

Yes, I know, Adalind took the suppression potion. Just because it didn't harm her doesn't mean it wouldn't be fatal to Juliette. The suppression potion was Adalind's ace in the hole to get in with the scoobies. Yet, not one person, not one of them, even questions her actions.

Even when Juliette commented about Adalind being involved in making the suppression potion, the gong still doesn't ring. For any of them. I've never seen such dumbness.

The biggest insult to Juliette is that she was never even asked for her opinion regarding the potion.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - Purity - 11-30-2016

(10-19-2016, 12:38 PM)syscrash Wrote:
(10-19-2016, 11:29 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: ......

If you noticed Adalind was not surprised what Juliette did she was surprised that Juliette did it. She had never seen someone turn into a hexenbiest. She found it hard to except that Juliette was no longer Juliette. That was the same with the others. They only saw Juliette. Even when in jail Roseale keep insisting that was not Juliette speaking. That is why they where insisting on the cure. The refused to accpet what she was telling them tha she had changed. That

Hiya all,

I have to add that, s4 was all Juliette and certainly not Eve. Eve only became Eve in s5.

I have read all here and did enjoy some points in which I totally agree.

1. Juliette was a long time girlfriend with Nick as we all know, and she was never ready to settle down with Nick, Grimm or no Grimm. But when the opportunity arose for Adalind with having Nick's baby, Juliette blew up, in which I sensed jealousy. I guess it daawned on her that she should have been the one to have a family with him but was too late after so many refusals and excuses from her side.
I also think Nick already understood far before S5 that both him and Juliette were never going to be together. So I guess all that drama from the writers was just to spark up Nick's certainty.

2. As too which Hexen b. did the worst, well I would say Juliette,

As someone wrote in the above, Adalind was a villian and it was expected, whilst Juliette was part of the grimm who totally they trusted.

Now, I do not remember a moment were Adalind wanted to kill Nick and friends willingly, even with the issue of hank, and Nick's aunt, she was controlled by a man she thought loved her "Renard" and her mum. Secondly, do not forget, they took her child away from her, lied and pretended that they were friends who could help her. They made her trust them with their lies, I believe that is one very bad thing to do esspecially to a mother.

As for Juliette, she did her worst all on her own, her actions are a big difference in my opinion.
She could have always said no to the Royals but rather decided to take pleasure in doing the worst which all her actions led to want to kill and destroy. Not a path Adalind did take.

Burning down the trailer, wanted to kill Adalind and the baby, wanted to kill Monroe, slept with Kenneth, helped to kill all thier neighbours, setting up Nicks mum to be killed, taking away Diana and trying to kill nick. I mean it was all about death for Juliette within a short period of time.

So personally, I feel S6 will be about her asking Nick to forgive, and even if he does, he will never trust her that strongly again. Atleast not like before.

So it does make sense that this was all planned ahead, only in a twisted complicated way that Adalind and Nick are to be a pair.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - syscrash - 11-30-2016

Quote:As someone wrote in the above, Adalind was a villian and it was expected, whilst Juliette was part of the grimm who totally they trusted.
Why is Adalind actions as a hexenbiest forgiven but Juliette as a hexenbiest are not. You point out that Juliette was part of the group so she is different. She stopped being Juliette who was part of the group when she became a hexenbiest. By the time she blow up the car. There was no different between Adalind and Juliette. By then like ADalind she was driven by rage. That's why she blow the guys car up. People keep wanting to refer to Juliette background as the controlling factor. The hexenbiest was the controlling factor. The first time in the spice shop, Juliette even admitted she was losing herself. As Juliette she would have never tried to kill Adalind.
so if you are going to judge who is the worst. You can not consider Juliette as anything other then a hexenbiest. But even without that. I wonder why people do not consider Adalind conceiving and selling her child for personal gain not worst then anything Juliette has done. People want to forgive her because she started to care for Diana. The forget this child has been forever changed. Adalind now has a daughter that will never have a child hood because of her. What happens if Diana does not stop aging. How do you explain putting 10 candles on a cake for what looks like an 80 year old women.

I wonder why Nick trust Adalind to not trade Kelly since she had no problem selling Diana. Here is the other thing. Why would Adalind take a baby into what would more then likely be a dangerous situation. Why not leave Kelly with Nick where he would be safe. The only thing that makes sense is when she left she had no intention of getting Diana and coming back.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - Purity - 12-01-2016

(11-30-2016, 11:47 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:As someone wrote in the above, Adalind was a villian and it was expected, whilst Juliette was part of the grimm who totally they trusted.
Why is Adalind actions as a hexenbiest forgiven but Juliette as a hexenbiest are not. You point out that Juliette was part of the group so she is different. She stopped being Juliette who was part of the group when she became a hexenbiest. By the time she blow up the car. There was no different between Adalind and Juliette. By then like ADalind she was driven by rage. That's why she blow the guys car up. People keep wanting to refer to Juliette background as the controlling factor. The hexenbiest was the controlling factor. The first time in the spice shop, Juliette even admitted she was losing herself. As Juliette she would have never tried to kill Adalind.
so if you are going to judge who is the worst. You can not consider Juliette as anything other then a hexenbiest. But even without that. I wonder why people do not consider Adalind conceiving and selling her child for personal gain not worst then anything Juliette has done. People want to forgive her because she started to care for Diana. The forget this child has been forever changed. Adalind now has a daughter that will never have a child hood because of her. What happens if Diana does not stop aging. How do you explain putting 10 candles on a cake for what looks like an 80 year old women.

I wonder why Nick trust Adalind to not trade Kelly since she had no problem selling Diana. Here is the other thing. Why would Adalind take a baby into what would more then likely be a dangerous situation. Why not leave Kelly with Nick where he would be safe. The only thing that makes sense is when she left she had no intention of getting Diana and coming back.

Do not get me wrong, both Hexen women dealt with Nick and friends, turned his life upside down, inside out, for sure. but I look at the scale as to how much Nick and his friends were being hurt and by whom as to the fact that there is a line and limit that should not be crossed.

Adalind as you know, went through some punishing moments, as she did bad things to Nick and others, bad things came back to her from other sides.

Her mother threw her out, Renard pushed her away as he thought she was useless, used and did not love her, she lost her powers to nick and went back to get it through some painful process (ofcourse by bargaining with her baby being Royal blood), the Royals throwing her in a hexen prison, and using her alot because they knew she was vunerable while looking for her child.

Regarding selling the child though, I think her mothers instict kicked in and she realised she was on the wrong side, since the Royals could kill her and keep the baby.

I guess she finally realised that all she was trying to do was just wrong and dangerous to her, so for the second time she risked to do the right thing and take a chance to go to Nick, (remember the first time with Diana when they lied to her).

As for Juliette, yes likely, Nick will forgive her, I think there will be redemtion, but to an extent, with less trust. It did take time for him to trust and forgive Adalind too, though Adalinds forgiveness does come much easier with no death added to her doings, atleast no death directly to Nick. And ofcourse the child played a big role.

And to be frank, Juliette had so many chances to get help from the grimm team and Henrietta but she loved and embrassed the power as a novice in the supernatural world with so much hate and payback not just to Nick but to all his friends and honestly, she dealt with him and them very well. Season 4 episode 21 to 22 was a very emotional moment. I think the writers wanted to make it the most painful hurt to Nick of all combined.

So yes, I still believe they (J & N) were not meant to be together, a line was crossed, one very hard to revert or forgive, no matter how many times both hexens have hurt Nick. Nick's mum was the worst.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - syscrash - 12-01-2016

Quote:As for Juliette, yes likely, Nick will forgive her, I think there will be redemtion, but to an extent, with less trust. It did take time for him to trust and forgive Adalind too, though Adalinds forgiveness does come much easier with no death added to her doings, atleast no death directly to Nick. And ofcourse the child played a big role.
Adalind planed the attack by the reapers on Mari. Juliette only planned the kidnapping which end in death. If killing Nicks mother is the line. The lady who abandoned him as a child. Had him morn her death for years. Both times she shows up there is chaos.
Then what is Adalind action that killed the women who raised him. Took care of him. spent her life keeping him safe.

You say Juliette had opportunities to get help. You forget the help they where offering was a lie. There was and is no cure. She is a hexenbiest. To help they would have need to offer to teach her to be a hexenbiest. Not to promote the lie that they have a cure which they did not.

As for selling her child. You do remember after the deal and performing the ritual. She had no idea how she was going to get Diana out of the castle. If not for Sean the Royals would have completed the transaction. So at what point did the mother instinct kick in. I don't remembering her saying she made a mistake and wanted to give her powers back in exchange for Diana being a normal hexenbiest.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - Purity - 12-01-2016

(12-01-2016, 01:30 AM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:As for Juliette, yes likely, Nick will forgive her, I think there will be redemtion, but to an extent, with less trust. It did take time for him to trust and forgive Adalind too, though Adalinds forgiveness does come much easier with no death added to her doings, atleast no death directly to Nick. And ofcourse the child played a big role.
Adalind planed the attack by the reapers on Mari. Juliette only planned the kidnapping which end in death. If killing Nicks mother is the line. The lady who abandoned him as a child. Had him morn her death for years. Both times she shows up there is chaos.
Then what is Adalind action that killed the women who raised him. Took care of him. spent her life keeping him safe.

You say Juliette had opportunities to get help. You forget the help they where offering was a lie. There was and is no cure. She is a hexenbiest. To help they would have need to offer to teach her to be a hexenbiest. Not to promote the lie that they have a cure which they did not.

Adaline did not call in the reapers, This was all set up by Renard for the key, he ran the show. Adalind was just a pawn within the show he ran.

She did not succeed to kill his Aunt, and yes granted, but she was a villian (expected to be) who trully did not know what she was really getting into because she thought she was doing this for Renards false love.

As for Juliette, she had so much hate for Nick, any time she saw him, she was boiling and taunting him, I do not think anything would have made her listen or helped. Even if she was fully controlled by the Hexen B. her hate for him was greater than the love they had for 7 years (I think) together.

But, we still come back to square one, what really really triggered her hatred and vengeance to Nick was when he protected Adalind and the baby from Juliette killing them. That too i think was over board. She was still loyal to him, not until he protected Adalind.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - syscrash - 12-01-2016

Just like Adalind had the verrat backing her up when Eric sent her to get the keys. She had the reapers backing her up when Sean sent her for the keys. Remember Sean always stayed un-involved with all of the plans. Sean would have never directly contacted the reapers. We saw what he thought of them the second time they went after Nick.

She may have been in love with Sean but like with Eric that was not her main motivation. She was after the power and respect she would gain from getting the keys. Remember Adalind was 100 percent seductress.

Out of five seasons we have never seen Sean execute a plan. He always directs someone else to do what needs to be done. Sean always maintains a position of plausible denial.

Juliette did not really have hate for Nick. Sure she was mad at him that is why she burnt the trailer. The kidnapping was only so She had a way out. She worked with Kenneth for the same reason Adalind worked with Sean and Then Eric.

We know Juliette did not hate Nick or she would not have said she was sorry about his mother. And asked for him to kill her.
Also if she had hated Nick she would have killed him in the spice shop when he pulled the gun on her. Someone pull a gun on you, your reaction is the definition of self defense.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - brandon - 12-01-2016

I think she never really knew Nick if she thought he would always reject her for what she was now