Grimm Forum
When did Adalind start to fall in love - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+--- Thread: When did Adalind start to fall in love (/Thread-When-did-Adalind-start-to-fall-in-love)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - irukandji - 10-18-2016

(10-18-2016, 02:55 PM)syscrash Wrote: I agree the scene where Nick took Adalinds powers. Was full of her being flirtatious. When he had her pinned and kissed her. Biting his lip was a flirtatious move. It was not till afterwards she realized the consequence. I can not think of one time where she showed hate for Nick. He took her powers she did not go after him. She focused on getting them back. When she took his powers she never showed regret before, during, or after. Even to Juliette she admitted her time in bed with him he was great.

There's something else I was thinking of about that scene. Nick didn't kill Adalind after he had robbed her powers. He had every right to. She'd already orchestrated Marie's murder, yet he let her live. Seems like sex won out over rational thinking there. Very odd.

Nick really is a doofus. He should have been totally outraged and bent on vengeance for Marie's murder. She was more of a mother to him than wandering wherever Kelly.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - syscrash - 10-18-2016

Then you have Adalind saying I guess I owe it to Mari. When Nick was telling her why he was risking everything for the keys Mari had given him. The keys Adalind had been willing to kill for. Yet people are mad and want Juliette to atone for what happened to Kelly. Would that not have been a good time for Adalind to apologize for the reapers. Or for the hospital. Adalind apologized and should regret for what she did to Nick. What about for putting Juliette in a comma.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - Hell Rell - 10-18-2016

Adalind and Juliette have done very reprehensible things and both their relationships with Nick are highly toxic but I think there's an obvious reason as to why the reactions to them aren't the same.

The key difference is Juliette was on Team Grimm and Adalind was not. That's really all there is to it.

I think had Adalind not gone to Nick for protection and burned his trailer down or killed Kelly herself she would be hated but still not as much as Juliette. Adalind was the enemy so that's expected of her but Juliette was Nick's longtime girlfriend and friend to the scoobies. There was never any way she and Adalind were going to get the same response. Adalind burning down the trailer would have happened had she located it and not because Nick told her where it is. Kelly dying as a result of Adalind being involved in the setup wouldn't have happened because Kelly trusted her and let her guard down. The results would've been the same but the context would be different and that matters. I'd like to believe that this would've been too far even for the writers of Grimm to allow a Nick/Adalind romance but I have my doubts.

I know there will be some that argue about the validity of Juliette's relationships with the scoobies but I really believe this is why Adalind and Juliette are not viewed the same. It's the specific relations they both have to the gang that influence opinions about both.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - syscrash - 10-19-2016

But once Juliette was full on hexenbiest she was no longer team Grimm. She was just like Adalind team wesen. With the same driving motivation of other wesen. The same motivation that Adalind warned us about with the return of her powers. That being said Kelly was a Grimm Juliette is wesen. We know Kelly accepts her sisters death because it was wesen on Grimm. Why would Juliette be expected to be held to a different standard. Sure at one time she was Nick's girl friend. Sure at one time she was Kelly's friend. But that died when she became wesen. Just like Adalind said, you just don't know what it does to you.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - rpmaluki - 10-19-2016

Context seems to count for a lot to some people. Fans simply can't ignore the fact that Juliette was one of the scoobies. The scoobies tried to help her by trying to find a cure or something to help manage the changes within her but she spurned all of the attempts and tried to kill several of the scoobies. It's very difficult to move past this as opposed to Adalind who was a villain when she did all of her bad deeds. It's not to say it's easier to forgive Adalind (some fans haven't forgiven her anything) and it's not so easy with Juliette, it's just that the one was a villain while the other was still considered a good guy until her actions showed her friends, boyfriend and viewers that she wasn't anymore. A betrayal is expected from a villain, not the hero/heroine hence the difference.

Nobody could have known Juliette's anger would be so visceral and deadly (a possibility, yes but a certainty, not yet). What she did was the worst kind of betrayal to some fans. I have seen this kind of reception regarding a character on AoS where he betrayed his whole team, tried to kill several of them and they (fans and characters both) never forgave him. Some (fans and characters both) understood his actions but they couldn't forgive them, with some Grimm fans it's exactly the same thing. There's no difference between Adalind and Juliette in terms of what they have done but fans respond to them differently because of their journey since the beginning of the show. Adalind mellowed out while Juliette went evil until "forced" not to. It's easier to look past the one and not the other.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - syscrash - 10-19-2016

The difference people forget. Juliette was transformed to something not human. It is unresonable to thank she would react anything like Juliette the human would. All of season four they keep trying to hold on to the human, refusing to accept she was gone. Once she became a hexenbiest she was the same as Adalind and started acting like Adalind. Like Juliette told Nick you are a Grimm I am a hexenbiest.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - Kwu9888 - 10-19-2016

(10-19-2016, 09:28 AM)syscrash Wrote: The difference people forget. Juliette was transformed to something not human. It is unresonable to thank she would react anything like Juliette the human would. All of season four they keep trying to hold on to the human, refusing to accept she was gone. Once she became a hexenbiest she was the same as Adalind and started acting like Adalind. Like Juliette told Nick you are a Grimm I am a hexenbiest.

The biggest difference is Adalind never killed anybody-In her own blundering way she tried- but didn't

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - Hell Rell - 10-19-2016

I don't think even Adalind thought Juliette would go that far at first. She told Kenneth that she wouldn't count on Juliette betraying Nick after she had that bar fight and coming to the conclusion that she was embracing he Hexenbiest. Adalind came to Nick for protection because she didn't think Juliette would attack Nick like she would attack her. She was even surprised at Juliette burning the trailer.

As much as Juliette was embracing the Hexenbiest, Adalind was still shocked that Juliette decided not to drink the potion. Adalind thought Juliette had a grudge against her but didn't seem to think she would do that to the gang. There's blame to go around for the crew not taking enough caution but I can't sit here and say it was easy for them to predict just how far she would go. Juliette gave off the impression that she didn't want anything to do with them after she rejected the potion so there wasn't any substantial reason to believe she would side with the Royals and lure Kelly out of hiding.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - brandon - 10-19-2016

because I see nothing sexy about it.he pilot did this happen(so I think ):She smiled and made "Woge"(It was a presentation, as they do between them.)and was scared when he saw that he was "GRIMM". saw that look again not?
then when Nick take away their powersConfusedhe bit him because the kiss.They were enemies, because of Renard.It would have happened if it had not happened hospital?.Save of bee queen -had had a better opinion of Nick-.
I agree with another forero they did not expect such a visceral hatred of Juliette.each person acts differently,Wu .Juliette and Adalind.Juliette showed always have emotional control-or whether it could get over with what happened to him,the latter not.the strength is in the mind.Juliette would not do it,or ask for help.will let evil win because wanted.for me there is no excuse that would become one "Wesen"

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - irukandji - 10-19-2016

(10-19-2016, 11:36 AM)brandon Wrote: then when Nick take away their powersConfusedhe bit him because the kiss.

So are you saying you see an attraction between them immediately prior to the time Nick took Adalind's powers away or are you saying you do not because Adalind bit him?