Grimm Forum
When did Adalind start to fall in love - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+--- Thread: When did Adalind start to fall in love (/Thread-When-did-Adalind-start-to-fall-in-love)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - Purity - 12-29-2016

(12-29-2016, 01:28 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 01:21 AM)Purity Wrote: That Heli took off real fast. there was nothing he could have done. Shooting at it was out of the question, he could kill innocent Diana. Sides, he believed Juliette was in the chopper.

He ran inside to follow Juliette instead of blocking the Heli when he saw it the first time.

Yeh, that was kinda dumb for him to do. I did not understand why he did not run to the chopper first, instead he went room searching.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - jsgrimm45 - 12-29-2016

(12-29-2016, 01:34 AM)Purity Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 01:21 AM)Purity Wrote: That Heli took off real fast. there was nothing he could have done. Shooting at it was out of the question, he could kill innocent Diana. Sides, he believed Juliette was in the chopper.

He ran inside to follow Juliette instead of blocking the Heli when he saw it the first time.

Yeh, that was kinda dumb for him to do. I did not understand why he did not run to the chopper first, instead he went room searching.
How would Nick know what was the plan for the helicopter, could have been to bring more verrat, could have been to shut down and wait for the king, at the time it hadn't landed so wouldn't the first place to start not be the mansion? We always have to remember that we (the viewer) have knowledge the character don't have so we see the King telling everyone to get ready to leave we see it but the scoobies don't.

So to the scoobies the helicopter is an unknown.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - New Guy - 12-29-2016

(12-29-2016, 06:50 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

How would Nick know what was the plan for the helicopter, could have been to bring more verrat, could have been to shut down and wait for the king, at the time it hadn't landed so wouldn't the first place to start not be the mansion? We always have to remember that we (the viewer) have knowledge the character don't have so we see the King telling everyone to get ready to leave we see it but the scoobies don't.

Hi JS,
For two cents, you make much sense, and since when couldn't Monroe trace the scents of Hexenbists, even if they cense to hide it. Rolleyes
N G

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - Purity - 12-29-2016

(12-29-2016, 06:50 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

Nick knew what the chopper was for. He knew it was their ticket out of Portland, Its the reason why he said Juliette must be stopped not to enter that heli. Him and the scoobys did not have to all go inside. They could have split up. Atleast 2 heading to the back at the helipad, the rest search inside. But well, thats just the writers to exend more drama.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - irukandji - 12-29-2016

I am curious about something regarding the helicopter. Was Meisner planning on kidnapping Juliette when she got into the helicopter?

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - syscrash - 12-29-2016

Considering HW wanted Juliette . It would make since to take Juliette and Diana to HW. How he would have done it is questionable. I am under the opinion that negotiation and not torture was used to make Eve. That being said the ride would have been a good time to talk and recruit yer. Why I say negotiate was used. Torture would would have made her compliant not independent.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - Robyn - 12-30-2016

(12-28-2016, 10:54 PM)syscrash Wrote: you are conflating Kelly actions of coming back to Portland with the reason for Kelly taking Diana in the first place. One has nothing to do with the other. taking Kelly was a preventive measure. A solution involving the entire group. Kelly coming back was her decision alone. I very dumb choice considering Kelly left because of the situation she was coming back to.
The two events are connected - by Kelly, the person who deemed herself as the only solution.

My comment was referring to the absolute responsibility that comes with wielding absolute authority and Nick’s inability to even consider he might have been wrong to help Kelly take Adalind’s child.

Viktor did not retaliate when he believed the Resistance had taken Diana from him, or when learning he’d been the victim of a ruse and Kelly Burkhardt had Diana.

Considering that Adalind would not have contacted Viktor and identified Kelly had she not been told he had Diana, and none of the horrible consequences that Kelly warned about actually occurred, it’s reasonable to conclude that once Viktor had been tricked & left Portland, had Kelly taken Diana and Adalind into hiding as originally planned, Viktor would be none the wiser. At the very least, it would have taken Viktor & the Verrat much longer to determine actual facts from the ruse.

The one event that could still happen is King Frederick would replace Viktor with Kenneth, who might come to Portland. But when/if he did, we have these conditions instead of those brought about by Kelly taking Diana from Adalind:

Adalind would not be with Kenneth and pregnant with Nick’s child
Nick would have never lost his Grimm
Juliette would not have become a Hexenbiest
Nick & Juliette would be together, not enemies
Kelly would not have been lured back to Portland by a Hexenbiest Juliette
Kelly would not have been murdered by Kenneth & the Verrat
The Royals wouldn’t have taken Diana because she wouldn’t have been brought back to Portland by Kelly
Meisner wouldn’t have taken Diana from King Frederick since he never had her

For someone who takes a harsh objective and analytical approach to Adalind’s action, you come across as rather bias in your approach to those (the good guys) who took Diana. I defend Adalind’s actions spurred by maternal instincts, but I don’t absolve her of the mindset and actions that put her in this predicament or endangered her child. Adalind having a child and living with a man who doesn’t love her, and another child who is constantly taken by various factions is of her own machinations. Her only recourse is to create a better present & future despite her past of bad & selfish decisions. And I see her attempting that with the limited recourses available. But I don’t see Nick making any attempt to recognize or correct mistakes, or learn from those mistakes.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - syscrash - 12-30-2016

You right about one thing. Had Kelly not taken Diana the list of thing you mentioned would not have happened. Adalind would have had Diana. Viktor would have put a bullet in her head. Just like he has done to other wesen that have pissed him off. Then go back to Vienna with Diana. If Kelly could not stop the Royals why do you think Nick could or even would have stopped Viktor.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - Robyn - 12-30-2016

OMG!

If Kelly had taken Adalind & Diana into hiding, Viktor wouldn't have easy access to them.

But let's say that once Kelly put Adalind & Diana into hiding, the Royals managed to find them, put a bullet into Adalind's head, and take Diana.

How is that different from Kenneth luring Kelly to Portland, lopping off her head, and taking Diana?

We know Kelly failed miserably, but can only assume possible outcomes if Adalind & Diana had gone into hiding.

I'm not suggesting that everything would have been perfect for them if Adalind & Diana had gone into hiding. I'm simply making the point that Kelly's assumption that only she was up to the task was a gross miscalculation spurred by her arrogant ego. Not only did her arrogant assumption fail to keep Diana from the Royals, it was the catalyst for all the devastation that followed. We can never know the outcome for any of the characters had Kelly left Portland with Diana and Adalind. But we know the outcome of her leaving Portland with only Diana.

And that's the problem with Nick, he's as arrogant as his mother. He can't fathom that his choices and actions were possibly wrong - even when he sees first hand that Adalind is a nurturing & protective mother when allowed to be with her child.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - MarylikesGrimm - 12-30-2016

(12-30-2016, 09:55 AM)syscrash Wrote: You right about one thing. Had Kelly not taken Diana the list of thing you mentioned would not have happened. Adalind would have had Diana. Viktor would have put a bullet in her head. Just like he has done to other wesen that have pissed him off. Then go back to Vienna with Diana. If Kelly could not stop the Royals why do you think Nick could or even would have stopped Viktor.

The way the Royals were defeated was the killing of King. Sean was willing to order the death of his half-brother but not the King. The King was willing to order the death of Sean if he did not give up his daughter. Sean could have stopped his father, if he was up to it.