Grimm Forum
When did Adalind start to fall in love - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+--- Thread: When did Adalind start to fall in love (/Thread-When-did-Adalind-start-to-fall-in-love)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

When did Adalind start to fall in love - jsgrimm45 - 10-16-2016

When did Adalind someone on the forum point out a post of mine was in the wrong tense. They were correct but got me thinking not about that post but about Adalind and Nick. Have the writers been going this way from episode one? Was this planned or not?

The first woge Nick see is Adalind we know that for the woge (the not seen by humans) is emotional. So Adalind woge was likely caused by blushing. So when she Nick for the first time she had an emotional reaction.

So let's go back and look at season 5 for the point of season 1. Juliette said no to NIck's marriage question twice. Could (more a woman question) Juliette have sensed a change in Nick? One maybe even she didn't understand? Did we get a hint in season 3 episode Synchronicity where things lead Nick and Adalind together?

Nick and Adalind have had many run-ins but none of these have even been to the death so to speak. Now add season 4 and Juliette/Nick that run-in was to be to the death.

So did the writers plan on Nick and Adalind ending up as a couple or do the storyline bring them here? We (most of time) post the writes as being you fill in the word, should we also look at maybe they have been following a long term story for these characters?

Now the Grimm (how they become Grimm's) changed and the did change other plots to make a better fit with the overall story, but this one may not have changed.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - rpmaluki - 10-16-2016

I don't think anything was planned. I believe the writers stumbled on Nick and Adalind when it became apparent to then that their original plan (Nick and his leading lady) wasn't working despite their attempts to create drama in their lives they thought would inevitably make them a stronger pairing.

I heard that Adalind wasn't supposed to last past S1 but she'd been quite popular they brought her back in S2. The writers seem more apt at throwing whatever on the wall and seeing what sticks whether it makes sense or not and I have a feeling S6 will be no different.

Obviously people will spin the story and say Adalind and Nick were planned from the beginning but I don't think so. The connection between them was there but more along the lines of being adversaries. Adalind was Nick's foe all of S1, more so than Renard who was actually Adalind's puppet master.

Adalind's popularity changed the story giving us Diana. Just like Claire's real life pregnancy changed the story and gave us Kelly. Juliette's unpopularity changed the story yet again and gave us Eve. Nothing was planned, at least not in a cohesive manner. External factors have swayed the narrative since day 1.

So my answer to the question is that Adalind fell in love with Nick in S5 during the period Juliette was "dead", being in close proximity with Nick "the protector" practically guaranteed it after her crappy life. I think the physical attraction (from both sides) was there from S1 but it was never meant to be taken seriously because they were active enemies, neither by the characters nor the viewers, so it was easy to dismiss. And Nick was in a steady relationship they were pushing for years. Adalind falling in love was a plot point to a half baked story involving BC and nothing more.

At this stage I don't know what S6 will bring, probably the same as every season before, great ideas that simply fizzled.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - Kwu9888 - 10-16-2016

Even Elizabeth said that what the two of them have done to each other, the blood transfer and the sex taking each other's powers has bonded them together in a way that even she isn't sure of. My opinion is that they had "feelings" for each other from the very first time they saw each other not sure what kind but I think it was there. I guess all the Nadalind haters have a very different opinion.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - irukandji - 10-16-2016

(10-16-2016, 07:31 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: The first woge Nick see is Adalind we know that for the woge (the not seen by humans) is emotional. So Adalind woge was likely caused by blushing. So when she Nick for the first time she had an emotional reaction.

I think the woge is an emotional response. However, I don't believe it's brought on by embarrassment, which is being implied here. Rosalee didn't woge when talking about her drug addiction days. Monroe didn't woge when talking about his past when he hunted humans. Adalind is no maiden taken unawares by a guy leering at her. She's been around the block many times.

Because she was no maiden, the woge more than likely occurred because she was angry that Nick was leering at her in the first place. She woged in anger as a result of the leer. Just by accident, he caught it as a Grimm, and during her woge she saw he was a Grimm. The woge had nothing to do with him being a Grimm, and that seems to be the case in most wesen-Nick encounters. In other words, wesen don't woge because Nick is a Grimm. They cannot see him as a Grimm until after they woge.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - rpmaluki - 10-16-2016

Typically they woge as an automatic emotional response to a tense situation, I assume this woge can come from pleasure or fear. On the show we see the latter because it's often when Nick is questioning them about a murder so we get the negative response woge. I think Adalind was responding to a positive stimulus, she'd just said goodbye to a colleague or friend and seemed to be in high spirits, maybe she was thinking about something that made her happy and woged and Nick saw it and she saw him and her smile quickly faded because she'd seen something she'd never seen before so she scurried away from him as quickly as she could. I don't think she woged because she was embarrassed, she was embarrassed after woging, after she caught Nick staring at her.

If she's responding to Nick leering at her, wouldn't she have "enjoyed" the attention as a hexenbiest, knowing that her looks were getting her the attention they usually like to take advantage?

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - irukandji - 10-16-2016

(10-16-2016, 09:20 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: If she's responding to Nick leering at her, wouldn't she have "enjoyed" the attention as a hexenbiest, knowing that her looks were getting her the attention they usually like to take advantage?

In this case, it was apparent she didn't. Otherwise she wouldn't have morphed into a zombie in response. If she really sensed a true and total interest in her (and not her body and 6 figure income), she would have walked up to him and introduced herself.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - Hell Rell - 10-16-2016

(10-16-2016, 09:29 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-16-2016, 09:20 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: If she's responding to Nick leering at her, wouldn't she have "enjoyed" the attention as a hexenbiest, knowing that her looks were getting her the attention they usually like to take advantage?

In this case, it was apparent she didn't. Otherwise she wouldn't have morphed into a zombie in response. If she really sensed a true and total interest in her (and not her body and 6 figure income), she would have walked up to him and introduced herself.

I didn't get any indication of anger or annoyance from Adalind. She was still smiling when she looked at Nick and it didn't look like a fake one. Adalind looked to be in a very good mood and her attitude didn't change until after she woges. I can't say it was akin to blushing for sure but I'd lean towards that more so than anger.

As for when Adalind started to fall for Nick, I too think that there was always some sort of physical attraction as seen in the pilot and "Season of the Hexenbiest. That's all there was to it and I think it was referred to as hate mixed with flirtation from Adalind by DG. Love was probably a more recent development that wasn't seriously thought of by the writers until late season 3 at the earliest. I say this because they made sure Nick would greatly enjoy sex with Adalind by rocking his world and since he wasn't under a lust spell like Hank and Renard it would speak more to Nick's base desires. He enjoyed sex with Juliette as Adalind too so there's something about her that brings the animal out in Nick but I can't call it love.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - Robyn - 10-16-2016

(10-16-2016, 07:53 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: Adalind's popularity changed the story giving us Diana. Just like Claire's real life pregnancy changed the story and gave us Kelly. Juliette's unpopularity changed the story yet again and gave us Eve. Nothing was planned, at least not in a cohesive manner. External factors have swayed the narrative since day 1.
Completely agree. It’s hard to believe G & K have ever made use of a story board. As you said, “…throwing whatever on the wall and seeing what sticks whether it makes sense or not…”

I don’t know the established rule for when/why a Wesen woges, but I got the impression that Adalind observed Nick looking at her and reacted in kind, saw he was a Grimm, became upset and spontaneously woged. Maybe whatever the rule was in the pilot changed later on, or maybe they didn’t have a woge rule in place at the beginning. We know the rule about having seven keys changed to having some of the keys, picking a lock and adding a little Grimm blood. So rules don’t seem to mean much.

I don’t think G & K planned Nick/Adalind until Claire Coffee’s pregnancy provided something for Adalind to do in S5 which set the stage for future Adalind/Nick/Juliette drama. But the ‘Adalind is in love with Nick’ part of the story required more than two people sharing a baby, a bed, and a house, or a common enemy. Adalind was in love with and submissive to Renard in S1. Her behavior/reaction toward Nick is very similar. And had Meisner stayed in the picture during S3-S4 or been the one to protect her & the second baby, she’d be in love with him instead of Nick.

With on-screen chemistry, some character combinations fair better than others, but it’s all about personal choice and what trips your trigger. IMO, Nick has better chemistry with Adalind than Juliette. But then, Adalind/Meisner have better chemistry than Adalind/Nick. Adalind has the best chemistry with Renard. And for that matter, Juliette had better chemistry with Renard than Nick. And while I might enjoy one source of chemistry over another, I don’t necessarily want a relationship to occur, nor does the presence of good chemistry indicate the potential for falling in love.

Js, I respect and appreciate anyone who believes there’s a foundation for a Nick/Adalind relationship, but honestly, I just don’t see it. And if the creative team intended a Nick/Adalind conclusion, they did a miserable job laying out the ground work. At this point, S6 concluding with Nick/Adalind or Nick/Juliette isn’t believable to me. More drama and needless nonsense has happened than can be properly resolved in thirteen episodes.

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - MarylikesGrimm - 10-16-2016

(10-16-2016, 11:33 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(10-16-2016, 07:53 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: Adalind's popularity changed the story giving us Diana. Just like Claire's real life pregnancy changed the story and gave us Kelly. Juliette's unpopularity changed the story yet again and gave us Eve. Nothing was planned, at least not in a cohesive manner. External factors have swayed the narrative since day 1.
Completely agree. It’s hard to believe G & K have ever made use of a story board. As you said, “…throwing whatever on the wall and seeing what sticks whether it makes sense or not…”

I don’t know the established rule for when/why a Wesen woges, but I got the impression that Adalind observed Nick looking at her and reacted in kind, saw he was a Grimm, became upset and spontaneously woged. Maybe whatever the rule was in the pilot changed later on, or maybe they didn’t have a woge rule in place at the beginning. We know the rule about having seven keys changed to having some of the keys, picking a lock and adding a little Grimm blood. So rules don’t seem to mean much.

I don’t think G & K planned Nick/Adalind until Claire Coffee’s pregnancy provided something for Adalind to do in S5 which set the stage for future Adalind/Nick/Juliette drama. But the ‘Adalind is in love with Nick’ part of the story required more than two people sharing a baby, a bed, and a house, or a common enemy. Adalind was in love with and submissive to Renard in S1. Her behavior/reaction toward Nick is very similar. And had Meisner stayed in the picture during S3-S4 or been the one to protect her & the second baby, she’d be in love with him instead of Nick.

With on-screen chemistry, some character combinations fair better than others, but it’s all about personal choice and what trips your trigger. IMO, Nick has better chemistry with Adalind than Juliette. But then, Adalind/Meisner have better chemistry than Adalind/Nick. Adalind has the best chemistry with Renard. And for that matter, Juliette had better chemistry with Renard than Nick. And while I might enjoy one source of chemistry over another, I don’t necessarily want a relationship to occur, nor does the presence of good chemistry indicate the potential for falling in love.

Js, I respect and appreciate anyone whose believes there’s a foundation for a Nick/Adalind relationship, but honestly, I just don’t see it. And if the creative team intended a Nick/Adalind conclusion, they did a miserable job laying out the ground work. At this point, S6 concluding with Nick/Adalind or Nick/Juliette isn’t believable to me. More drama and needless nonsense has happened than can be properly resolved in thirteen episodes.

Do you think David and Bitsie becoming a real life couple in the beginning of season 4 affected their chemistry or the show writing?

RE: When did Adalind start to fall in love - syscrash - 10-16-2016

In season one I see Adalind reactions the same as any women that feels a guy is leering at them. I have never got the feeling that Adalind has ever hated Nick. But he is a Grimm and she is a Hexenbiest a combination she could never see working. Remember she never attacked Nick directly. Even during the fight she lost because should could not bring herself to harm him. We know she could have hurt him by what she did in the fight between Juliette. Not once did we see
Adalind throw Nick like she did Juliette. When pinned she chose to bit his lip.
It was not until season five that I saw Adalind begin to believe there could be a future between a Grimm and Hexenbiest. Remember she started with knowing how Nick reacted with Juliette the one he loved, when she became a hexenbiest. Even Sean has started to believe that Adalind is in love with Nick. Something he could never get from her.
As for Nick Adalind was more a rebound then anything. If Nick had not thought Juliette was dead he would have not moved on to Adalind. Did anyone notice the more he worked with Eve the less he interacted with Adalind.
I do not think we will see Nick sleep with Adalind in season 6. I do think that Nick and Eve will sleep together. I do not think Nick and Eve will have a romance but will become close and work together. We see a scene where Juliette and Adalind are at a dinner with the others. This indicates that they come to a compromise. I see it, Adalind losing Nick as a romantic interest will not be a problem as long as she feels he is protecting her and the kids. I also think Eve will also be part of who protects Adalind and the kids.
What I am interested in seeing is how they handle this new split personality of Juliette and Eve. Will they make it a merge of personalities or will they make it a definitive split. Will they have Juliette go back to being the friendly vet we saw in season one, and Eve come out when danger arises putting on the leather and wigs. Even further defining the action hero character they are creating.
I could see the group in danger wanting Eve to return, with Juliette not really wanting to go there. With at the last minute she enters wearing the leather and wigs in full Eve mode.