Grimm Forum
New Nick and Adalind Video - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Fan Creations (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Fan-Creations)
+--- Thread: New Nick and Adalind Video (/Thread-New-Nick-and-Adalind-Video)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: New Nick and Adalind Video - rpmaluki - 10-21-2016

(10-21-2016, 08:45 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-21-2016, 02:15 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: Adalind got her powers back, she didn't become a raging hexenbiest going after everyone that wronged her after the suppressant wore off.

Actually, she did. When she got her powers back, she went after Nick and the scoobies for taking Diana away from her. It also appears to me Adalind knew exactly what the scoobies would do trying to get Nick his powers back. She knew what would happen to Juliette as well.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would call taking a Grimm's powers away from him and mutilating his girlfriend the acts of a raging hexenbiest. Juliette was a far more powerful hexenbiest and her actions against Nick pale in comparison to Adalind's.
Hell Rell gave a good answer about what Adalind did the first time she got her powers back but I wasn't referring to that. I was talking about when the suppressant wore off.

(10-21-2016, 09:46 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-21-2016, 09:33 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: That's not what happened. Adalind didn't take Nick's powers away because he kidnapped Diana. It happened as a result of kidnapping Diana but that's not why she did it.

Then Adalind must be a liar. In the police precinct she told Nick she did what she did to him because he took her child away from her.
She did technically do it because of Diana but not as a direct response to that. He conspired in Diana's kidnapping, they fooled her into thinking Viktor had her this whole time. Viktor played her like a fiddle planting seeds in her head to take Nick's powers away so she could get her baby back. Mission accomplished but soon had to face the realisation that they all lied to her.

RE: New Nick and Adalind Video - Hell Rell - 10-21-2016

(10-21-2016, 09:46 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-21-2016, 09:33 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: That's not what happened. Adalind didn't take Nick's powers away because he kidnapped Diana. It happened as a result of kidnapping Diana but that's not why she did it.

Then Adalind must be a liar. In the police precinct she told Nick she did what she did to him because he took her child away from her.

Adalind is a liar because I watched season 3. In season 3, I am 100 percent sure Adalind did not know Nick had anything to do with Diana's kidnapping. She thought Renard gave her child to Viktor because she had no other reason to believe otherwise. Renard told her this himself. Adalind then called Viktor to see what she could do to be allowed to see Diana again which is why she took Nick's powers away. She didn't know who took Diana until after she was tricked by Viktor and he figured out who took her.

I honestly believe Adalind saying that was her rationale in retrospect for doing that to Nick because it came as a result of what he and the crew did. Or it could be a sympathy grab from the writers for Adalind. I'm leaning towards the latter.

I see rpmaluki beat me to it.

RE: New Nick and Adalind Video - irukandji - 10-21-2016

(10-21-2016, 11:17 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: Adalind is a liar because I watched season 3. In season 3, I am 100 percent sure Adalind did not know Nick had anything to do with Diana's kidnapping. She thought Renard gave her child to Viktor because she had no other reason to believe otherwise. Renard told her this himself. Adalind then called Viktor to see what she could do to be allowed to see Diana again which is why she took Nick's powers away. She didn't know who took Diana until after she was tricked by Viktor and he figured out who took her.

I honestly believe Adalind saying that was her rationale in retrospect for doing that to Nick because it came as a result of what he and the crew did. Or it could be a sympathy grab from the writers for Adalind. I'm leaning towards the latter

And so we go back to the spice shop where Juliette refused to take the suppression potion. Whyever would she take something from a character who's a confirmed liar?

(10-21-2016, 11:23 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-21-2016, 11:17 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: Adalind is a liar because I watched season 3. In season 3, I am 100 percent sure Adalind did not know Nick had anything to do with Diana's kidnapping. She thought Renard gave her child to Viktor because she had no other reason to believe otherwise. Renard told her this himself. Adalind then called Viktor to see what she could do to be allowed to see Diana again which is why she took Nick's powers away. She didn't know who took Diana until after she was tricked by Viktor and he figured out who took her.

I honestly believe Adalind saying that was her rationale in retrospect for doing that to Nick because it came as a result of what he and the crew did. Or it could be a sympathy grab from the writers for Adalind. I'm leaning towards the latter

And so we go back to the spice shop where Juliette refused to take the suppression potion. Whyever would she take something from a character who's a confirmed liar?

Rpmaluki gave a good reason. She technically did do what she did to Nick as result of him kidnapping the baby. That's why Rosalee said Juliette was paying for them taking her baby.

I really think the writers believe what Adalind said was the truth. That scene wasn't played as her lying. They were trying to get a sympathy grab for Adalind and ignored their own writing in the previous season.

Put it this way, was anything Adalind said late in season 4 played as a lie? I can't think of anything. She told them the truth about Jack the Ripper, the suppressant, Kenneth, her feelings of being betrayed by Rosalee, and her sympathy for Nick over Kelly's death even though I know people will debate that one. Adalind didn't have altruistic reasons for doing any of the above. It was self-serving but she didn't tell them anything that wasn't accurate.

RE: New Nick and Adalind Video - rpmaluki - 10-21-2016

She took the suppressant herself, basically weakening herself further in order to win their trust. They chose to believe her then. They didn't have to but they did because the story needed them to trust her. Juliette said "eff" that, she wasn't for that life.

RE: New Nick and Adalind Video - syscrash - 10-21-2016

Where I see all of these rationalizations fall flat is. When it comes to all of the wesen their actions do not follow a logical progestion. They can do horrible things one minute an forgive the next. Any one that raises say pit bull knews. They can attack one minute an be very docile the next. That is the nature of animals. No matter how human wesen look. At their core they are no different then an intellegent animal. An like an animal the have no regret for their actions. We have never seen a wesen show sorrow for a victim. With every case that Nick brings to Rosale and Monroe you have never seen them being disgusted. They always have an explanation of the action being the nature of that wesen. How many times said if you see a particular wesen just kill it. As humans do we ever say that about animals we encounter. That is where Nick has a problem he can not she himself saying just kill it.
IMO the show is a venture in a what if to an alternate path of evolution. It tries to ask the question why humans are the only species on the planet that does not live by the laws of nature. If we all evolved from the same premordale oze. Why are we so different then anything else.

(10-21-2016, 11:35 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(10-21-2016, 11:23 AM)irukandji Wrote:

Rpmaluki gave a good reason. She technically did do what she did to Nick as result of him kidnapping the baby. That's why Rosalee said Juliette was paying for them taking her baby.

I really think the writers believe what Adalind said was the truth. That scene wasn't played as her lying. They were trying to get a sympathy grab for Adalind and ignored their own writing in the previous season.

Put it this way, was anything Adalind said late in season 4 played as a lie? I can't think of anything. She told them the truth about Jack the Ripper, the suppressant, Kenneth, her feelings of being betrayed by Rosalee, and her sympathy for Nick over Kelly's death even though I know people will debate that one. Adalind didn't have altruistic reasons for doing any of the above. It was self-serving but she didn't tell them anything that wasn't accurate.

No matter which way you look at it, she lied. I would go along with your argument if Adalind told Nick the truth that day in the police precinct. In other words, spouted out that the royals had just kicked her out and she was only with them because Viktor told her he had Diana. But Adalind didn't tell him the truth. Instead she said she did what she did because HE took Diana. Not Sean, but Nick. And this isn't the first time Adalind has lied. She made Hank think she had a thing going for him when all she was really trying to do was get the key from Nick. In other words she was using Hank. That is also a lie. She lied when she brought her cat in for Juliette to treat.

No matter which way you look at it, she lied. I would go along with your argument if Adalind told Nick the truth that day in the police precinct. In other words, spouted out that the royals had just kicked her out and she was only with them because Viktor told her he had Diana. But Adalind didn't tell him the truth. Instead she said she did what she did because HE took Diana. Not Sean, but Nick. And this isn't the first time Adalind has lied. She made Hank think she had a thing going for him when all she was really trying to do was get the key from Nick so she was using Hank. That is also a lie. She lied when she brought her cat in for Juliette to treat.
[/quote]

Adalind did those things because Nick and the gang kidnapped Diana. That's how she sees things now that she got the truth about Diana. It's not why she did it but she found out the truth and lays all the reasons for what she did on it.

The easiest thing Adalind could've lied about was the suppressant. She could have simply said that it was a cure. That would have been a surefire way to get Nick's help. Adalind could've feigned ignorance later on or skipped town because I don't think she planned staying with Nick at the time.

(10-21-2016, 11:59 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: The easiest thing Adalind could've lied about was the suppressant. She could have simply said that it was a cure. That would have been a surefire way to get Nick's help.

No one knows Adalind *didn't* lie about the suppressant. Just because she proved she could take it doesn't mean it was safe for Juliette to take it. And if Juliette took it and died, all Adalind would have to do is claim no fault. She won either way.

Nick and the scoobies were so completely blind in their efforts to try and make Juliette normal, that they completely ignored any consequences Juliette might experience if she took the potion.

Juliette was no fool. She already fell for Adalind's pranks with the cat. She was smart in refusing to take the potion.

(10-21-2016, 12:18 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-21-2016, 11:59 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: The easiest thing Adalind could've lied about was the suppressant. She could have simply said that it was a cure. That would have been a surefire way to get Nick's help.

No one knows Adalind *didn't* lie about the suppressant. Just because she proved she could take it doesn't mean it was safe for Juliette to take it. And if Juliette took it and died, all Adalind would have to do is claim no fault. She won either way.

Nick and the scoobies were so completely blind in their efforts to try and make Juliette normal, that they completely ignored any consequences Juliette might experience if she took the potion.

Juliette was no fool. She already fell for Adalind's pranks with the cat. She was smart in refusing to take the potion.

I never argued that Juliette should've taken the suppressant. She had understandable reasons for not taking it. Juliette made the mistake of throwing Rosalee across the room when she tried to keep it from dropping to the floor. This caused Monroe to attack and Nick and Hank to pull their guns. They didn't make any aggressive move towards her until then.

The gang asked Juliette to come to the shop and gave her the option of taking it. I think she was within reason not to take it and they had their reasons for offering it to her. Juliette said she was happy as a Hexenbiest but also showed up to the shop days before that and blamed them all for it. Which one was the truth? It could be a bit of both but it made sense that they would try to cure her after that initial outburst if they could. The burning of the trailer only enforced that she was a danger to them even if she was embracing the biest.

Juliette could've suffered from the suppressant but that wasn't Adalind's intent. Adalind was afraid that Nick was coming in the room to kill her after she thought Juliette had taken the suppressant. If she thought that, there's no way she wanted Juliette to suffer or even die. In her mind, that would have guaranteed her own death. It wouldn't be winning and she knew it.