Grimm Forum
Deleted scenes for season 5 - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Deleted scenes for season 5 (/Thread-Deleted-scenes-for-season-5)

Deleted scenes for season 5 - jsgrimm45 - 10-01-2016

The was a deleted scene showing a fome life of Adalind and Nick it should have been in the episode. This would have answered some of the question we have post here. I would go into the scene because if you have seen it yet or don't have the dvd wouldn't want to give it away.

RE: Deleted scenes for season 5 - rpmaluki - 10-01-2016

I heard about the scenes from the dinner that were cut, I wish they had shown that instead of leaving them on the cutting floor.

RE: Deleted scenes for season 5 - Kwu9888 - 10-02-2016

Some of scenes of them at home with her answering his phone because hew as changing a diaper or taking a shower (in which I have to say DG has not looked better). The two different ones of them in bed, one when he is jus t waking up and they are sitting in the bed talking and of course the the one of them making love after she says she loves him. I so completely agree those should have been left in it certainly gave a me an even better picture of Nicks real feelings for her.

Sorry didn't mean to say all that when some people haven't seen it yet

RE: Deleted scenes for season 5 - Robyn - 10-02-2016

Greenwalt said in an interview that (paraphrasing) parts of the episodes were rewritten during shooting because they weren’t moving the story in the desired direction.

Claire Coffee said in an interview that Eve would invade their home and confront Nick & Adalind about his commitment to his family interfering with his obligation to HW & the Wesen uprising. That was changed to Eve invading their home to threaten Adalind should she hurt Nick and warning Nick not to trust Adalind. I thought that was a huge tell without the Greenwalt interview about rewrites & story direction.

The Rat King through Star Crossed put an emphasis on the developing Nick/Adalind relationship, specifically Nick’s attitude toward Adalind, and I credited this to Stockholm Syndrome. But, beginning with Map of the Seven Knights, Nick’s attitude & behavior toward Adalind began to change while Adalind started to become desperate for a committed relationship.

So I’m curious; are these deleted scenes from Star Crossed and prior episodes or from Map of the Seven Knights and later episodes?

Jsgrimm45, if you’re inclined to enlighten those of us who aren’t buying the DVD, you could move this to the S5 spoilers thread so anyone posting doesn’t have to worry about spoiling information, and even hide the descriptions of the scenes behind spoiler tags.

(10-02-2016, 07:17 AM)Robyn Wrote: Greenwalt said in an interview that (paraphrasing) parts of the episodes were rewritten during shooting because they weren’t moving the story in the desired direction.

Claire Coffee said in an interview that Eve would invade their home and confront Nick & Adalind about his commitment to his family interfering with his obligation to HW & the Wesen uprising. That was changed to Eve invading their home to threaten Adalind should she hurt Nick and warning Nick not to trust Adalind. I thought that was a huge tell without the Greenwalt interview about rewrites & story direction.

The Rat King through Star Crossed put an emphasis on the developing Nick/Adalind relationship, specifically Nick’s attitude toward Adalind, and I credited this to Stockholm Syndrome. But, beginning with Map of the Seven Knights, Nick’s attitude & behavior toward Adalind began to change while Adalind started to become desperate for a committed relationship.

So I’m curious; are these deleted scenes from Star Crossed and prior episodes or from Map of the Seven Knights and later episodes?

Jsgrimm45, if you’re inclined to enlighten those of us who aren’t buying the DVD, you could move this to the S5 spoilers thread so anyone posting doesn’t have to worry about spoiling information, and even hide the descriptions of the scenes behind spoiler tags.

Robyn i believe there were very cute and special moments on all of the DVDs if I'm not mistaken. Am at the hospital at work for 12 hrs so can't check right now but if you still haven't found out by them will let you know when I get home. All I can say is they are some very sweet moments

RE: Deleted scenes for season 5 - jsgrimm45 - 10-02-2016

(10-02-2016, 09:02 AM)Kwu9888 Wrote:
(10-02-2016, 07:17 AM)Robyn Wrote: Greenwalt said in an interview that (paraphrasing) parts of the episodes were rewritten during shooting because they weren’t moving the story in the desired direction.

Robyn i believe there were very cute and special moments on all of the DVDs if I'm not mistaken. Am at the hospital at work for 12 hrs so can't check right now but if you still haven't found out by them will let you know when I get home. All I can say is they are some very sweet moments
Because the dvd's just come out I will move the scene to the spoilers next week giving others a chance just to know there are some good play between Nick and Adalind. Also I haven't finish the complete deleted scenes yet so there may be more to put on the spoilers. This one was on the first disk I'm only starting disk 3.

RE: Deleted scenes for season 5 - izzy - 10-02-2016

I guess I am confused. if they delete a scene and rewrite it etc, how can it be considered part of the story arc.

RE: Deleted scenes for season 5 - rpmaluki - 10-02-2016

(10-02-2016, 05:45 PM)izzy Wrote: I guess I am confused. if they delete a scene and rewrite it etc, how can it be considered part of the story arc.
If it doesn't contradict what they wrote, it's still part of the arc. Rewrites aren't so much as changing the story but sometimes they are more like a better way to tell the story. In Eve's case she was supposed to be angry about Nick not dedicating himself to HW's cause but they went with her going after Adalind instead so they can show that Eve wasn't acting on the interests of HW but personal reasons which she'd denied. That's a complete rewrite changing the story by changing the character's motivation, nullifying what was cut so it's not part of the story. I imagine the episodes get rewritten before they are filmed to save money.

And some deleted scenes are cut because there's simply no time to show everything or they are a different rating like the episode Adalind told Nick she loves him, that would've been too mature to show at a regular time slot.

RE: Deleted scenes for season 5 - jsgrimm45 - 10-03-2016

(10-02-2016, 08:17 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(10-02-2016, 05:45 PM)izzy Wrote: I guess I am confused. if they delete a scene and rewrite it etc, how can it be considered part of the story arc.
If it doesn't contradict what they wrote, it's still part of the arc. Rewrites aren't so much as changing the story but sometimes they are more like a better way to tell the story. In Eve's case she was supposed to be angry about Nick not dedicating himself to HW's cause but they went with her going after Adalind instead so they can show that Eve wasn't acting on the interests of HW but personal reasons which she'd denied. That's a complete rewrite changing the story by changing the character's motivation, nullifying what was cut so it's not part of the story. I imagine the episodes get rewritten before they are filmed to save money.

And some deleted scenes are cut because there's simply no time to show everything or they are a different rating like the episode Adalind told Nick she loves him, that would've been too mature to show at a regular time slot.
Some scenes are deleted for time some are deleted because they think they already showed the part they wanted showed. Not all are deleted because of change of storyline some yes are. So I'll post the the scene of disk 1 with Adalind and Nick at the fome. Look in spoilers.