Grimm Forum
Last off season to this one - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Last off season to this one (/Thread-Last-off-season-to-this-one)

Last off season to this one - jsgrimm45 - 09-20-2016

Just noting last off season we posted more had back and forth debates this season we haven't had many. Was wondering why is it because we know it is the last season and only 13 episodes? Was season 5 so off we can't come up with any good debate points to make?

I know this off season I've had other thing to deal with so I haven't been as active plus this off season we don't have a lot of what if's because we know it only going to be 13 episodes to debate.

Just a question. Not a good one but I was just interested on why we haven't been as active?

RE: Last off season to this one - eric - 09-20-2016

I agree that posts appear down, its hard to get excited about a show we won't see until January(unless they change that again). I think we have beat Season 5 to death. If it was going to be a full season and it began in September there would be more to discus and argue over. When you know the end is near, its just not the same sort of fun, it is more a time to mourn.

RE: Last off season to this one - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 09-20-2016

I think the season 5 didn't left us with much to debate.

The season 4 left us with the royal plot line since we didn't know it was ending (we just know the royals were ended in the show after some interviews). This way we wanted to know what would happen with the royal family and Viktor and Sean… and what would happen to Diana…
We wanted to know what would happen to the FBI guys in Nick’s place. What would happen to Juliette and so on…

What did season 5 leave to us?
BC is ended and also HW. Meisner is dead. The writers can bring him back but what does it add to the story?
Maybe we would want to know how the characters will react but any answer to this question is useless since the writers can change everything from one day to the other. I think that is another point. In last season we were trying to found out what the story was going to considering what happened until that moment. But in season 5 the writers simply thrown everything out and changed almost everything (at least the main points of the story) and started it over. What I fill now is that there is nothing to debate because we haven’t any past parameter to consider and try to understand the future of the story. Even if we have… those parameters are not valid because the writers are not compromised with them.
That is my personal filling. That is why I personally can’t get any idea about the debates in the forum considering the future of the story. I simply believe that everything can happen when season 6 starts on air… The story can go in any direction.
The show can end with Nick being the villain and Sean being the big hero. The writers just need to use the stick to turn Nick dark, for example, and Sean to bring peace between humans and wesens. How can we debate anything about the future of the story in this situation?
I am sorry…. I think I am complaining more than I should… Maybe I am talking to the 10 friends of the business axiom. Big Grin

RE: Last off season to this one - rpmaluki - 09-20-2016

For a very long time I wanted Patrick Jane from The Mentalist to be revealed as Red John, I was that convinced he was the serial killer. I honestly thought this was the logical conclusion to that arc that could easily be explained and I wanted to see if the writers had the guts to pull the trigger on the "good" character by revealing he was the evil antagonist all along. In the end I get why they couldn't do this. People had gotten so used to Jane being all smiles, mischievous and adorable, no way an audience could reconcile him being the villain so late in the game. It would have been ingenious but I understood why it's difficult for shows to turn good guys into bad guys. The most recent show that I can think of that did it and stuck by that decision was Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D towards the end of S1. To this day certain fans aren't over what the showrunners did to this character, they literally held out hope that he'd be "fixed"so he can be one of the good guys again. With Nick I don't see the showrunners even going for something like this, or even hinting at it. Nick will go out a hero whether he lives or dies. Renard's character last season put him squarely against Nick, at the very least, they set it up that way when it was promo'ed that he "stole" Nick's family. They never even played out the Zombie Nick arc to its full potential. Nick's dark side in S5 after the death of his mother got lost somewhere in S4 and wasn't seen again until the last two episodes but that was in response to Adalind and Kelly ending up with Renard.

If the Stick is going to alter Nick somehow, I guarantee you he will be fixed before the end of the season. And I know he's not popular around these parts but I actually like Nick, doofus that he is. I would hate to watch Renard beat him at being "good". Ugh! I like Renard but if he's going to win against Nick, he needs to do it as a bad guy, it's the only way I can accept that version of the end of this show. There's also the fact that Nick cannot convincingly play a bad guy unlike the actors I mentioned earlier who actually can play good and bad, much like Renard.