Grimm Forum
Eve spin-off with Bitsie in the works? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Eve spin-off with Bitsie in the works? (/Thread-Eve-spin-off-with-Bitsie-in-the-works)

Pages: 1 2

Eve spin-off with Bitsie in the works? - Hexenadler - 09-10-2016

http://www.parentherald.com/articles/65919/20160909/grimm-season-6-air-date-news-update-bitsie-tulloch-spin-off-juliette-silverton-eve-coming-nbc.htm

While the Bitsie/Juliette/Eve haters will probably go ballistic, I think this concept has a lot more potential than, say, a Trubel spin-off. As someone else on this board has already pointed out, Juliette/Eve will NEVER be able to fully salvage her relationship with Nick after betraying his mother to the royals.

But a series that focuses squarely on Juliette/Eve's redemption has promise. Spider-Man will never be able to forgive himself for allowing Uncle Ben's murder to happen, but that won't stop him from trying to make up for it until the end of his life. The same principle applies to Juliette/Eve's character. A show which chronicles how she gradually crawls her way out of the pit she dug for herself could be fascinating, and her unique position as a human-turned-Wesen would trap her between two worlds, much like how Nick was trapped between being a Grimm and a cop.

There's a lot of loose ends from her rampage as Hexenette that could be explored in the spin-off, too. Does she have a family besides her grandmother? Do they know what's happened to her? What about the relatives of the neighbors who were slaughtered by the Verrat on the night she betrayed Kelly? Do they have a score to settle with Juliette/Eve? Are Hexenbiests doomed to be evil and reprehensible by nature, or can they become something more?

I do have one big request as a fan, though: Bud needs to be a regular on the series. Cool

RE: Eve spin-off with Bitsie in the works? - eric - 09-10-2016

I can see episodes where Juliette will make a good decision and things get better, or she makes a bad decision, maybe based on "seemed like a good idea at the time", producing more guilt, but her striving to do better next time-like most of us.

RE: Eve spin-off with Bitsie in the works? - izzy - 09-10-2016

(09-10-2016, 10:30 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: http://www.parentherald.com/articles/65919/20160909/grimm-season-6-air-date-news-update-bitsie-tulloch-spin-off-juliette-silverton-eve-coming-nbc.htm

While the Bitsie/Juliette/Eve haters will probably go ballistic, I think this concept has a lot more potential than, say, a Trubel spin-off. As someone else on this board has already pointed out, Juliette/Eve will NEVER be able to fully salvage her relationship with Nick after betraying his mother to the royals.

But a series that focuses squarely on Juliette/Eve's redemption has promise. Spider-Man will never be able to forgive himself for allowing Uncle Ben's murder to happen, but that won't stop him from trying to make up for it until the end of his life. The same principle applies to Juliette/Eve's character. A show which chronicles how she gradually crawls her way out of the pit she dug for herself could be fascinating, and her unique position as a human-turned-Wesen would trap her between two worlds, much like how Nick was trapped between being a Grimm and a cop.

There's a lot of loose ends from her rampage as Hexenette that could be explored in the spin-off, too. Does she have a family besides her grandmother? Do they know what's happened to her? What about the relatives of the neighbors who were slaughtered by the Verrat on the night she betrayed Kelly? Do they have a score to settle with Juliette/Eve? Are Hexenbiests doomed to be evil and reprehensible by nature, or can they become something more?

I do have one big request as a fan, though: Bud needs to be a regular on the series. Cool

Well I have been repeatedly told the Bitsie is connected.

I guess the question is could it last longer than Highlander: The Raven lasted as a spin-off from Highlander.

IMO, the shows track in a similar way, there was on again off again cancellation with Highlander, the star of the series wanted to move on, the show had a beloved fan base.

They spun the series off with a regular cast member in a short-lived spin-off called Highlander, The Raven. The series featured Elizabeth Gracen Ward, an attractive actress who, as Amanda, was the on and off again girlfriend/lover of the hero of the original series, Duncan MacLeod. The issue with the spin-off was, Elizabeth Gracen Ward was not an acting talent. And not only did they spin off the series with an Elizabeth who could not act, but she wore a platinum blonde wig!!!! Is history to repeat itself again? LOL!

So coincidences:
  • Featuring an actress who is relatively untalented - Check
  • Attractive actress who wears platinum wigs - Check
  • Heroine is the ex-girlfriend of the star of the series the show is spun-off from - Check
  • Heroine has a relationship with a Detective named Nick - Check
  • The actresses name is actually Elizabeth - Check
  • The series centers around the female leads inner conflict as she strives to make amends and become a good person - Check
Can it last longer than Highlander: The Raven's 22 episodes? LOL!

I agree with Hexenadler the premise is good, I just think you are bringing what amounts to a lame horse to a horse race. I don't see how the series can overcome the deficiencies of the lead character as an actress. But who knows. Heck even Primo Carnera was able to finally able to master the basics of boxing with enough coaching so I remain hopeful.

RE: Eve spin-off with Bitsie in the works? - Hexenadler - 09-10-2016

(09-10-2016, 11:52 AM)izzy Wrote: Well I have been repeatedly told the Bitsie is connected.

By who?

Quote:I guess the question is could it last longer than Highlander: The Raven lasted as a spin-off from Highlander.

IMO, the shows track in a similar way, there was on again off again cancellation with Highlander, the star of the series wanted to move on, the show had a beloved fan base.

They spun the series off with a regular cast member in a short-lived spin-off called Highlander, The Raven. The series featured Elizabeth Gracen Ward, an attractive actress who, as Amanda, was the on and off again girlfriend/lover of the hero of the original series, Duncan MacLeod. The issue with the spin-off was, Elizabeth Gracen Ward was not an acting talent. And not only did they spin off the series with an Elizabeth who could not act, but she wore a platinum blonde wig!!!! Is history to repeat itself again? LOL!

So coincidences:
  • Featuring an actress who is relatively untalented - Check
  • Attractive actress who wears platinum wigs - Check
  • Heroine is the ex-girlfriend of the star of the series the show is spun-off from - Check
  • Heroine has a relationship with a Detective named Nick - Check
  • The actresses name is actually Elizabeth - Check
  • The series centers around the female leads inner conflict as she strives to make amends and become a good person - Check
Can it last longer than Highlander: The Raven's 22 episodes? LOL!

I agree with Hexenadler the premise is good, I just think you are bringing what amounts to a lame horse to a horse race. I don't see how the series can overcome the deficiencies of the lead character as an actress. But who knows. Heck even Primo Carnera was able to finally able to master the basics of boxing with enough coaching so I remain hopeful.

I don't remember H:TR being quite as awful as you're making it sound, but to each their own. I think the show suffered more from mediocre writers than mediocre performances.

RE: Eve spin-off with Bitsie in the works? - Kwu9888 - 09-10-2016

I honestly do not know anyone , including myself, who would watch a TV series with Bitsie Tulloch as the major star. That's an absurd idea, I could maybe see Jacqueline Toboni but never in my wildest dreams could Bitsie hold that together. Sorry IMO only, I actually like Bitsie and think she and David make a great pair but who could sit through a half hour much less a full hour of her whining voice and semi good acting.
I'm sure people will disagree with me but that's how I feel, I also don't think she would do that to herself. She has talked many times about how exhausted David is with his schedule and very little down time he had and that that is something she would not want

RE: Eve spin-off with Bitsie in the works? - izzy - 09-10-2016

(09-10-2016, 01:34 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(09-10-2016, 11:52 AM)izzy Wrote: Well I have been repeatedly told the Bitsie is connected.

By who?

I have a couple old college friends that are involved in the movie industry, one is a 4th tier actress and my woman use to work as a talent agent. One of my buddies and students is a producer. They are very into the industry and can chat/speculate about who is who, who does what to whom, who is up and coming , who is a has-been etc; me I have different interests in life and my primary focus is elsewhere but we do discuss Grimm as it is about the only way I can converse with them - LOL.

Honestly I do not get Hollywood. It is a huge part of American culture now, so I try and understand it. but I do not get how anyone could aspire to be an actor or actress as their primary career. I get falling into it after you do something else, but deliberately making it one's life work is beyond my kin. Nothing wrong with it, but I certainly do not understand it.

RE: Eve spin-off with Bitsie in the works? - Renardfan99 - 09-10-2016

No, thanks!

RE: Eve spin-off with Bitsie in the works? - Nicholas White - 09-10-2016

Were is people getting these ideas that Grimm will get a Spin off? The article suggested that with Eve personality and powers that they could do a spin off about that not that they will or is going to. Same with Trubel. I doubt we see any spins off given Grimm was cancelled meaning networks aren't going to pickup a spin off and if I am not mistaken NBC own Grimm rights and NBC damn sure isn't doing a spin off when the parent show is being cancelled by them.

Honestly if a Spin off was going to happen I would rather watch a Spin off featuring Eve than watch a Spin off featuring Trubel. We already have a show about a Grimm we don't need another one. I would want something different.

RE: Eve spin-off with Bitsie in the works? - syscrash - 09-10-2016

Eve as a spin off could work. She could go back to being Juliette the vet by day and crime fighter Eve helping wesen by night. Where Nick was their to control wesen. Eve would be their to help the persecuted wesen. The fall out from Sean becoming mayor. Just like Amanda was a standalone character in the highlander. Eve is a standalone character in Grimm. Both characters are trying to atone for their past. Eve has already shown she can drive her own story. Eve is also the only character that does not need the others to tell her story. She also has these two dynamically different characters. As Juliette she is warm and caring. As Eve she is cold and hard. Imagine watching her switching back and forth. Even super heroes don't change who they are. We have seen her interact as Juliette with her friends in the web episodes. They could expand on that with Alicia eventually finding out Juliette is now also a wesen. Having Alicia becoming her side kick and helping to keep her secrete. She is a vet plus now has access to her book and hat. Why not add the two together and make her able to handle wesen problems.

RE: Eve spin-off with Bitsie in the works? - rpmaluki - 09-11-2016

Which Web episodes?