Grimm Forum
Structure of the forum - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Site)
+--- Forum: Feedback (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Structure of the forum (/Thread-Structure-of-the-forum)

Structure of the forum - Mart - 08-31-2016

Hi there,

to my taste the structure of this forum is getting out of hands.
Those delusional "magical" posts dominate and undermine just everything.

With "magical" i mean wishful posts that have absolutly nothing to do with reality. Like, what should have/could have been in the past.
Those "speculation"-posts and -threads should be marked as such. We are not able to change the past (unless we're time travellers).
Otherwise you won't get a structure on here.

What's done is done. Too many posters on here are delusional about that. Wink

RE: Structure of the forum - izzy - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 07:54 PM)Mart Wrote: Hi there,

to my taste the structure of this forum is getting out of hands.
Those delusional "magical" posts dominate and undermine just everything.

With "magical" i mean wishful posts that have absolutly nothing to do with reality. Like, what should have/could have been in the past.
Those "speculation"-posts and -threads should be marked as such. We are not able to change the past (unless we're time travellers).
Otherwise you won't get a structure on here.

What's done is done. Too many posters on here are delusional about that. Wink

Huh? What the kittens? No one forces you to read posts, why not do what i do, ignore the posters and threads that annoy you.

There are people who enjoy the what if stuff, there are people who write their own fan fiction.

Heck there are still people debating what happened to Paladin of Have Gun Will Travel fame and that show went off the air in 1963!!!

There is speculation about the nature of child and his relationship to MIss KItty from a 1961 episode of Gunsmoke (entitled Miss KItty), the speculation being he was actually Miss Kitty;s son. So there you are, shows from 53 and 55 years ago respectively, are still being debated and speculated about by die hard fans.

In the end, to each their own, what is the harm?

RE: Structure of the forum - Mart - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 09:09 PM)izzy Wrote: what is the harm?

It's OFF-topic! Full stop. This is not a "what is the world about"-Forum. As simple as that.
If you wanna write fan-fiction - go to the fan fiction area. If you wanna write "what if", go to the fantasy section of the forum.
No problem with that. So please - stop bothering or lecture me! Don't need it! I'm well aware of using forums. Thanks a lot! Smile

I was under the impression this would go to the forum owners, not to some incapable nerds.. Sad

RE: Structure of the forum - Gretel Hanselsister - 09-01-2016

You want my two cents, here they are.

I see this forum (as any other forum) as a possibility to have discussions among fans. From my point of view, this works just fine. It’s amazing to see how our members keep this forum active, even in the middle of the huge gap between season 5 and 6. And I simply don’t care if discussions are about reality or pure speculation, wishful thinking, what-if scenarios.

What I do care about is respect. Every statement, every opinion or speculation has a right to exist as long as it comes in a respectful way. So, no "incapable nerds" here, none at all, thank you.

There was a time when I worried about threads going off-topic, spent time in sorting posts into other categories, I stopped it for a reason. Even off-topic discussions can get very interesting. It is like chats among friends, they fluently change the topic every few minutes.

I can only suggest to go back to the original topic yourself and hope people answer in your intention.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."

ascribed to Marcus Aurelius