Grimm Forum
Figuring out how TV writer sessions work - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Figuring out how TV writer sessions work (/Thread-Figuring-out-how-TV-writer-sessions-work)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Figuring out how TV writer sessions work - syscrash - 09-01-2016

The invisible woged is an involuntary irrational emotional response. It is a physical representation of the fight or flight response. Just like every one does not react to danger. That is why all wesen do not woge when finding out Nick is a Grimm. For wesen to tap into that extra strengh. They have to do a full woge. Just like we have to pump our adrenaline.

RE: Figuring out how TV writer sessions work - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-01-2016

Some wesen can access added abilities without going into full woge. El Cucuy only needed to woge her ears to be able to hear far off mothers' pleas for her help.

El cucuy is not wesen

El Cucuy is one of those "we don't really know if it's wesen." But she sure woged like one.

That would be like saying Wu is wesen. The problem is you have to understand what a wesen is. Wesen are a physical manifestation of your inner self. Wesen is who you are not what you are. Take Wu he is still Wu nothing about who he is has changed. Take Juliette she is a different person. El Cucuy like Wu are creatures. As for hexenbiest they are both wesen and creatures. That was shown in Adalind twice the creature was inhibited but she remained the same person. She was and always be a hexenbiest. Twice she was not able o express it.
The basic concept of the show is we are animals like all other animals. What makes us 'human'. It is or ability of abstract thought which allows us to develop beliefs. So what if we only functioned on instinct, we would be wesen. We would function like all other animals.

That's more wesen feng shui. There's a subgroup of the homo genus that morphs into forms unlike conventional humans. They are the basis for many mythological creatures. Some of these - mainly ones from Western Europe - have had Germanic names assigned to them and are called "wesen." Others not from this region of the world who have become known to Grimms have been included in their books and also dubbed "wesen." Some others are simply not known to the folks assigning "wesen" names, so nobody knows whether to call them "wesen" or not simply because nobody ever has called them that before. But if it wallks like a duck...

There have been characters depicted on the series whose physical natures are wholly unlike wesen, such as La Llorona and the Golem. It's pretty safe to say that these are definitely something else.

Wu is a human infected by a virus that causes him to revert to a prehistoric proto-human and not a wesen. But the only real reason we know that is because the show runners have told us so.

RE: Figuring out how TV writer sessions work - irukandji - 09-01-2016

(08-31-2016, 02:37 PM)izzy Wrote:
(08-31-2016, 01:00 PM)irukandji Wrote: I find this really fascinating that the LEOs were discussing Grimm. Are a lot of them fans of the show or were some referred to it by the comments of others?

Greetings JellyFish. I mentioned this in past posts, but I know a lot of cops and to some extent socialize with them. The first few seasons the would laugh and joke about Nick and Hank's total disregard for probable cause, hot pursuit, breaking and entering and violations, search ands seizure, civil rights etc. The boyish comments were I wish I was Nick I could just go out and XYZ.

And then the jokes about in real life this or that in the show would have made an instant millionaires of the perp etc, etc.

So they were fans of the show. It was great fun for group of them to get together, have some chips and salsa, a few beers and watch Grimm at the local watering hole. They even did the drinking game every time Nick, Hank, Wu or Renard violated the law, ringing a bell every time they violated procedure.

A lot of it is lost on me as I do not drink nor am I a Leo.

Hi Izzy-
Glad to see you on the forum again! I wanted to ask you about the training camp for LEOs. You said the comments in the past were more jocular with regard to Grimm, but now the comments are more of a decisive negative tone.

I know what's happening in the real world has probably sobered up the LEOs to a great extent. I cannot blame them for that. My family and I have also been troubled by the almost daily news spotlighting what are often perceived rather than evidenced negative aspects of our country's law enforcement.

A bright spot in all of this. Our city is having a 'support the men in blue' campaign, which made our local news. It was refreshing to see many people who stand behind our law enforcement rather than assw*** football players who sport pig socks.

There are two cops shows that I watch weekly, Rizzoli and Isles and Major Crimes. The cops will tiptoe outside of standard law enforcement, but unlike Grimm, it's never anything outrageous in my opinion. However, the standout in both of these shows is that from time to time, they will take a moment to honor the men in blue. I really like that about them.

What in Grimm transpired to change the LEOs' tone?

RE: Figuring out how TV writer sessions work - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-02-2016

I imagine having a cop be one of the wesenrein and populating an entire precinct with BC terrorist cops could have had something to do with it.

RE: Figuring out how TV writer sessions work - eric - 09-02-2016

Whenever the setting of a show or movie is based on a real profession or event, those who actually have that job or profession usually find all kinds of "funny" things about it. I was driving a taxi when the series Taxi came out. We all thought it was stupid how they sat around the cab company chit chatting instead of being out chasing fares=that's how we made money. Paper Chase came out when I was in law school-we were all given free passes. We couldn't believe the guy had the time and energy to have an affair. Those with a family never saw their kids. Cop shows, hospital shows, private eye shows are not real, that would not be interesting. A juicy soap opera or contrived plots are.

RE: Figuring out how TV writer sessions work - izzy - 09-02-2016

(09-01-2016, 07:33 PM)irukandji Wrote: What in Grimm transpired to change the LEOs' tone?

It is/was a plethora of things, that were brought up over the course of the week. But it all comes down to pubic perception and when a show portrays police officers not respecting EVERYONE's civil rights and killing perps and then framing them with internal cover-ups it just feeds the current flames of public distrust and discontent.

I am in full agreement with their sentiments. Although I think it is healthy to have shows portray dishonest cops, I also think those same shows should show those same cops ultimately being brought to justice and paying a price for their transgressions.

That has been my hope for Grimm for some time, but sadly it looks like the writers are taking the easy way out.