Grimm Forum
7 VS 9 keys how could this be - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: 7 VS 9 keys how could this be (/Thread-7-VS-9-keys-how-could-this-be)

Pages: 1 2

RE: 7 VS 9 keys how could this be - syscrash - 08-14-2016

I like that you people try and come up with this mythology. Know where has G & R even insinuated their is a detailed backstory to Grimm. They provide enough information to describe why things exist.
Grimm is a situation action thriller. This means the one and only focus of the writing is to create situations to promote the action in the show. Take Juliette becoming Eve. The only reason that happens is to create a platform to showcase action. That is why things never have specifics. Just like a situation comedy, situations are created for the sole purpose of the joke. Grimm creates situations for the sole purpose to create the action. Yet I constantly see that people try and make it what it is not. There are shows out where the focus is on telling the story. Shows like GOT, or Continuum. Show like Arrow, or the Flash is only concerned about the action.

Because Grimm is not a trilogy, is why trying to create the mythology does not work. It is why people see holes in the logic and so many unanswered questions. It is why there are never any specifics given.

RE: 7 VS 9 keys how could this be - irukandji - 08-14-2016

(08-14-2016, 01:46 PM)syscrash Wrote: They provide enough information to describe why things exist.

In your opinion. In mine.......not so much.

RE: 7 VS 9 keys how could this be - syscrash - 08-14-2016

They explained wesen are a persons primal nature. Which is why they exist. No it does not explain why they came to be. But it is not important why they came to be. The keys where forged by the seven Knights to hide something important. That is why they exist. No it does not explain the reason they needed to be created. But it is unimportant to know why they where created. If Grimm was a mystery show then knowing these things would be very important. But Grimm is not a mystery show.

RE: 7 VS 9 keys how could this be - irukandji - 08-15-2016

(08-14-2016, 11:40 AM)Robyn Wrote: That’s an interesting concept that brings together characters originally introduced as opposing forces and also examines the gray of wholly good vs. wholly bad. However, I think it requires introduction and set up prior to S5, or a least during early S5 as a discovery that tips the scale in the war against BC. Definitely more interesting than the final scene of a Grimm and his stick shutting down a global uprising. The Black Claw/Wesen Uprising was an interesting concept, but it’s execution was dreadful.

But had the show stayed with The Royals/Keys storyline, your idea would unite Adalind and Renard with team Grimm in an expected move against The Royals and would provide a direct path for Juliette to return to the fold after temporarily aligning with the Royals.

Irukandji, I wished you had been in the bullpen while S4 & S5 were being discussed and outlined.

Thanks, Robyn. What a nice compliment! I probably wouldn't have been much use in the discussions as this thought didn't actually occur to me until I happened to be reading the scripts about the keys and the knights. While I would like to see the scoobies symbolically united with the stick as the ultimate weapon against Black Claw, I have a feeling that we've probably seen the last of Black Claw and the stick is just a healing stick.

RE: 7 VS 9 keys how could this be - brandon - 08-16-2016

I think that make the box opening with the blood of Nick could be a good strategy of knights.
(writers could see that.)thinking that the keys could fall into the wrong hands,blood could be the key 8

RE: 7 VS 9 keys how could this be - jsgrimm45 - 08-16-2016

(08-16-2016, 06:23 AM)brandon Wrote: I think that make the box opening with the blood of Nick could be a good strategy of knights.
(writers could see that.)thinking that the keys could fall into the wrong hands,blood could be the key 8
Like you I think the 8th key Grimm blood was a good touch to the relic box. Even if the royals had gotten the box with all the keys unless they cut it open somehow the could not have opened it. Now would you take a chance cutting the box open not knowing what was in it? There was an outgassing when the box opened so could that outgassing be a 9 key in case the box was open without Grimm's blood? Could it have destroyed the relic if open wrong?

RE: 7 VS 9 keys how could this be - panther19 - 08-18-2016

Who knows? It seems the writers are not fussy about accuracy which gives us viewers a reason to wonder about a lot of things and try to fill in the spaces