Grimm Forum
Why didn't Kelly use her Grimm powers? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why didn't Kelly use her Grimm powers? (/Thread-Why-didn-t-Kelly-use-her-Grimm-powers)

Why didn't Kelly use her Grimm powers? - Kathryn Wooten - 07-18-2016

Kelly gets a email from Juliette pretending to be Nick and says he is in trouble.....she stopped everything and with Diana in tow

The real Kelly would never ever take a valuable child that everyone is killing for in tow..never, nor would she had just walked up and in the house without casing the joint and notice the royals in various places...the real Kelly was not using her Grimm powers.

RE: Why didn't Kelly use her Grimm powers? - syscrash - 07-18-2016

We have seen a number of characters killed off on the show. Each time it was done i an way to protect the character. The way they killed off Kelly was strange. If I had to guess, they needed Mastrantonio for a few scenes but her scheduling would not allow it. With the actress they could have had her make a covert attack. She could still lose. But the entrance would have been more in keeping with the character. But they would have needed the character. Or do a lot of post production work. Not something I would imagine they would do for someone leaving.

RE: Why didn't Kelly use her Grimm powers? - wfmyers1207 - 07-19-2016

(07-18-2016, 07:27 PM)syscrash Wrote: We have seen a number of characters killed off on the show. Each time it was done i an way to protect the character. The way they killed off Kelly was strange. If I had to guess, they needed Mastrantonio for a few scenes but her scheduling would not allow it. With the actress they could have had her make a covert attack. She could still lose. But the entrance would have been more in keeping with the character. But they would have needed the character. Or do a lot of post production work. Not something I would imagine they would do for someone leaving.

She was already gone. She had been gone for a while. Mastrantonio stated after the S3 episode "The Law of Sacrifice" when Kelly took LBB, she was done with the show and was not coming back. She didn't. Which is why you never actually see Kelly in that death scene, Mastrantonio was NOT there and wasn't ever going to be! Confused

She was probably already shooting "Limitless".

RE: Why didn't Kelly use her Grimm powers? - jsgrimm45 - 07-19-2016

(07-19-2016, 08:10 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:
(07-18-2016, 07:27 PM)syscrash Wrote: We have seen a number of characters killed off on the show. Each time it was done i an way to protect the character. The way they killed off Kelly was strange. If I had to guess, they needed Mastrantonio for a few scenes but her scheduling would not allow it. With the actress they could have had her make a covert attack. She could still lose. But the entrance would have been more in keeping with the character. But they would have needed the character. Or do a lot of post production work. Not something I would imagine they would do for someone leaving.

She was already gone. She had been gone for a while. Mastrantonio stated after the S3 episode "The Law of Sacrifice" when Kelly took LBB, she was done with the show and was not coming back. She didn't. Which is why you never actually see Kelly in that death scene, Mastrantonio was NOT there and wasn't ever going to be! Confused

You're right with Mastrantonio leaving they had a way to change the Nick character and maybe create a bigger role for the Diana character. The writers could have done a better job I'm sure the could have filmed a stunt woman so some action that was what was a puzzle to me.

RE: Why didn't Kelly use her Grimm powers? - syscrash - 07-19-2016

They could have had Kelly and Diana walk up like they did. Have Diana sitting in the center of the floor. A change of having Kelly sneek up behind them attack. Taking out a few of them before losing. Would have been keeping with the character. And would not have required nothing other then some one to play Kelly. Everything else would remain the same.

RE: Why didn't Kelly use her Grimm powers? - Renardfan99 - 07-19-2016

After Renard warned Nick and Hank that Adalind and Viktor were back in town, we saw Nick send his mother an email about the Royal's. Kelly was not a novice Grimm, so it made absolutely no sense at all that she would NOT have called Nick's cell phone to get the 411 on why he was in danger, nor would she have just shown up with the kid that everyone wanted. I thought the entire setup for having Kelly just show up with Diana and walk up the steps to the house that he shared with that twit was just plain, stupid.

RE: Why didn't Kelly use her Grimm powers? - zinores - 04-21-2017

Well I think Grimms are physically just human. Doesn't mean they are not special in certain ways. But in all honesty the one really impressive power Grimms seem to possess is how they seem to grow more more immune to whatever power each type of wesen seem to possess. Nick almost got blinded by the tear eating insect wesen and afterward got extremely good hearing, then he became a zombie man and after that his physical condition got even more impressive. And Trubel too, she was basically very traumatized but when that memory stealing wesen attacked her, he kinda went mad, and next morning Trubel kinda seemed like she got past that. She seemed to suffering from nightmares before...

RE: Why didn't Kelly use her Grimm powers? - MarylikesGrimm - 04-21-2017

(04-21-2017, 03:42 PM)zinores Wrote: Well I think Grimms are physically just human. Doesn't mean they are not special in certain ways. But in all honesty the one really impressive power Grimms seem to possess is how they seem to grow more more immune to whatever power each type of wesen seem to possess. Nick almost got blinded by the tear eating insect wesen and afterward got extremely good hearing, then he became a zombie man and after that his physical condition got even more impressive. And Trubel too, she was basically very traumatized but when that memory stealing wesen attacked her, he kinda went mad, and next morning Trubel kinda seemed like she got past that. She seemed to suffering from nightmares before...

Some viewers believe that the grimm eyes let grimms customize their abilities for the wesen attacking them.

RE: Why didn't Kelly use her Grimm powers? - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-21-2017

(07-19-2016, 08:10 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: She was already gone. She had been gone for a while. Mastrantonio stated after the S3 episode "The Law of Sacrifice" when Kelly took LBB, she was done with the show and was not coming back. She didn't. Which is why you never actually see Kelly in that death scene, Mastrantonio was NOT there and wasn't ever going to be! Confused

"Limitless" was the reason Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio was "done" with Grimm. Once the series started shooting on location in NYC she told G&K that she couldn't come to Portland anymore.

RE: Why didn't Kelly use her Grimm powers? - zinores - 04-22-2017

(04-21-2017, 04:51 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 03:42 PM)zinores Wrote: Well I think Grimms are physically just human. Doesn't mean they are not special in certain ways. But in all honesty the one really impressive power Grimms seem to possess is how they seem to grow more more immune to whatever power each type of wesen seem to possess. Nick almost got blinded by the tear eating insect wesen and afterward got extremely good hearing, then he became a zombie man and after that his physical condition got even more impressive. And Trubel too, she was basically very traumatized but when that memory stealing wesen attacked her, he kinda went mad, and next morning Trubel kinda seemed like she got past that. She seemed to suffering from nightmares before...

Some viewers believe that the grimm eyes let grimms customize their abilities for the wesen attacking them.

No I definitely don't think it's something that convenient. Eyes are just eyes in a fight. But about the fact that wesen see their true wesen nature reflected in a grimm's eyes have probably some spiritual meaning. Besides I think the way they fight so well against wesen probably have something to do with the fact that grimms to seem to be quick learner in violence and have good instinct plus eye that turns infinitely dark whenever wesen woge probably unbalances the mental state of most wesen.