Grimm Forum
Another nit to pick - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Another nit to pick (/Thread-Another-nit-to-pick)

Another nit to pick - eric - 06-15-2016

How do you explain the two NPP cops that Wu left on the floor, bleeding away. Eventually all the 911 calls would be covered, the cops go back to the station, and there is this big mess. The security cameras would show the cops walking around, Wu headed in their direction, the Wu and Hank leaving in a rush. Unless the tapes could be destroyed, any ideas? Destroying the tapes seems iffy., too many loose ends. Of course, the writers could just drop it and then there is no problem except for a few cranky viewers.Huh

RE: Another nit to pick - SilentEcho - 06-15-2016

Good question. Taking them all to NPP, cleaning up the precinct before anyone gets back is not very realistic since the Scobies are still in the tunnel. What it Wu is on the tapes as a Neanderthal killing those cops? Then that would necessitate the tapes being destroyed. I smell a big plot hole coming in S6.

RE: Another nit to pick - FaceInTheCrowd - 06-15-2016

Have they ever shown the precinct having cameras other than in the interrogation rooms? Most Portland city buildings have them in their lobbies and reception areas, but other than the permitting offices, I've never been inside any.

RE: Another nit to pick - SilentEcho - 06-15-2016

Good question FaceInTheCrowd. Not having cameras would be the easy way to go. Then the story could be the two dead cops were part of the gang/cult/whatever. Wu realized something funky was going on when all the 911 calls came in, those bad cops showed up, and one of the police dogs attacked and killed them. Then Hank and Wu ran out to get to NPP.

RE: Another nit to pick - Kathryn Wooten - 06-15-2016

I assume the NP had none since some of them walked around woged..but in Renard's precinct there would be camera on

RE: Another nit to pick - eric - 06-15-2016

On a related issue, has anyone else noticed there are no cameras in the interrogation rooms? Due to Supreme Court decisions, almost every backwoods police station has cameras in those rooms, they go on automatically when anyone is in them. Does Portland have budget issues and none have been installed? Is it that easy to just sneak into the computer room and wipe off interviews? I don't expect the writers to answer this issue, but still, it has bothered me since season 1.

RE: Another nit to pick - jsgrimm45 - 06-15-2016

Now that this camera thing has been posted does anyone ever see any camera usage in the any of the SPP? With that questions did the writers leave out camera for this very reason?

RE: Another nit to pick - FaceInTheCrowd - 06-15-2016

There is a camera in the interrogation room. They discovered that their intern let a suspect out by watching the video playback of him opening the door.