Grimm Forum
I think Sean would had been happy with Rachel - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: I think Sean would had been happy with Rachel (/Thread-I-think-Sean-would-had-been-happy-with-Rachel)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

I think Sean would had been happy with Rachel - Kathryn Wooten - 06-11-2016

Seeing the 2 they had their jobs to do..but they had no difference about their personal life..they enjoyed each other company...to the point where He needed her the most (she was dead) he wanted to confide in her...sadly we will never know what he wanted to say to her, after the fight with Nick

RE: I think Sean would had been happy with Rachel - speakeasy - 06-11-2016

Gotta wade in here. Rachel came across to me as a true believer, a devotee, a zealot, a willing martyr to the cause of BC and Bonaparte, if needed. She wasn't one single jot on Renard's side, imo. To me, she was playing him like a violin. The fact that she might let herself enjoy a physical relationship without any emotional investment on her part was clearly demonstrated in the bedroom scene where she told him to get out, in my view.

I just didn't get any humanistic vibes from Rachel. I didn't find her a supportable character in any way. Perhaps you can explain more in depth where you saw some attractive qualities in the woman. Now, don't get me wrong, maybe I'm missing something here. After all, I don't present myself as any authority on soundness of character, haha - witness my affection for Sean; doesn't exactly fit into the consensus of opinion about him. Big Grin (But I'm never going to change my opinion of the Mayor-elect of Portland - another preceding title to add to his name.)

RE: I think Sean would had been happy with Rachel - panther19 - 06-11-2016

I agree Speakeasy. Rachel was instrumental in getting Sean to run for mayor. Otherwise she didn't fit into Bonaparte's plan for him, so the writers decided to have Diana kill her off. Sean has always been a good bad guy. He's a power hungry half royal half zauberbeist who has feelings; ie, he shot Meisner because he couldn't stand to watch him suffer. I have always liked him and think he and Nick will have to come to an understanding.

RE: I think Sean would had been happy with Rachel - Kathryn Wooten - 06-11-2016

(06-11-2016, 09:32 AM)panther19 Wrote: I agree Speakeasy. Rachel was instrumental in getting Sean to run for mayor. Otherwise she didn't fit into Bonaparte's plan for him, so the writers decided to have Diana kill her off. Sean has always been a good bad guy. He's a power hungry half royal half zauberbeist who has feelings; ie, he shot Meisner because he couldn't stand to watch him suffer. I have always liked him and think he and Nick will have to come to an understanding.

BC did want Rachel to get close to Diana at the end..it was bound to kept Rachel in his circle

(06-11-2016, 09:32 AM)panther19 Wrote: I agree Speakeasy. Rachel was instrumental in getting Sean to run for mayor. Otherwise she didn't fit into Bonaparte's plan for him, so the writers decided to have Diana kill her off. Sean has always been a good bad guy. He's a power hungry half royal half zauberbeist who has feelings; ie, he shot Meisner because he couldn't stand to watch him suffer. I have always liked him and think he and Nick will have to come to an understanding.

You and I share a similar opinion about the complex personality of Renard, panther19. I liked him straight out of the gate, too. I'm especially concerned about Nick and him having a life and death confrontation. I also would like to see it avoided if at all possible. Grimm is going away and most fans have passionate feelings about how it should be remembered - and some think there just ain't no accountin' for some people's taste, haha.

Guess we'll see when we see, but at least two fans are pulling for a somewhat commendable ending for Renard! Smile

(06-11-2016, 10:51 AM)speakeasy Wrote:

You and I share a similar opinion about the complex personality of Renard, panther19. I liked him straight out of the gate, too. I'm especially concerned about Nick and him having a life and death confrontation. I also would like to see it avoided if at all possible. Grimm is going away and most fans have passionate feelings about how it should be remembered - and some think there just ain't no accountin' for some people's taste, haha.

Guess we'll see when we see, but at least two fans are pulling for a somewhat commendable ending for Renard! Smile

Hey make that 3..when Renard is not on I don't watch..Grimm is missing something when he is not on..so I am so happy that he will once again be front and center on Grimm...Grimm is boring without him IMHO

(06-11-2016, 10:59 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote:

Hey make that 3..when Renard is not on I don't watch..Grimm is missing something when he is not on..so I am so happy that he will once again be front and center on Grimm...Grimm is boring without him IMHO

I'm really must be slipping, Kathryn, you're one of Sean's staunchest supporters! Might as well go all out and put a Shakespearean twist on it; "We few, we happy few......" Big Grin

Seriously, I'm also happy that the he will be prominently featured in the wind-up of a great show.

(06-11-2016, 11:13 AM)speakeasy Wrote:
(06-11-2016, 10:59 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote:

I'm really must be slipping, Kathryn, you're one of Sean's staunchest supporters! Might as well go all out and put a Shakespearean twist on it; "We few, we happy few......" Big Grin

Seriously, I'm also happy that the he will be prominently featured in the wind-up of a great show.

the rating for Grimm's finale 4.85 a winning rating on Friday's and comes in 2nd only behind Shark tank...I believe we will get the remaining eppy's and get a season 7....

RE: I think Sean would had been happy with Rachel - izzy - 06-11-2016

Preface:

Renard is likely my favorite character (due to the superior acting of Sash) on Grimm.

That being said, Renard may at some point think a women is good for something other than as a pressure release valve and something to manipulate other men with, but so far I see no evidence of it.

Let's see, he nailed Adalind's mother, Adalind, Juliette, Rachel etc. His attitude toward Adalind with the "I am the Mayor" seems rather telling.

No big deal, he is a power hungry guy and sees women as pawns both for his pleasure and to use to manipulate others. I have a ex-brother like him. But I think happiness to Renard is, does she swallow. I would not be surprised if he does manage to undress Adalind again that he does not make a comment about her scar, stretch marks, or some callous comment about tightness.

He is very much the rogue, but a likable one.

As for Rachel, she amounted to just one of the many scabbards he sheathed his sword in; he may have liked her, but any regret he feels I bet is displayed to manipulate someone eles's perception of him.

(06-11-2016, 01:04 PM)izzy Wrote: Preface:

Renard is likely my favorite character (due to the superior acting of Sash) on Grimm.

That being said, Renard may at some point think a women is good for something other than as a pressure release valve and something to manipulate other men with, but so far I see no evidence of it.

Let's see, he nailed Adalind's mother, Adalind, Juliette, Rachel etc. His attitude toward Adalind with the "I am the Mayor" seems rather telling.

No big deal, he is a power hungry guy and sees women as pawns both for his pleasure and to use to manipulate others. I have a ex-brother like him. But I think happiness to Renard is, does she swallow. I would not be surprised if he does manage to undress Adalind again that he does not make a comment about her scar, stretch marks, or some callous comment about tightness.

He is very much the rogue, but a likable one.

Well, you've offended just about everything about women and attributed it to how Renard's mind works, Izzy. If it isn't how you really feel, I wish you'd clarify. Btw, I happen to think you're wrong about Sean. What's telling to me is that you've picked a small corner of the forum to restate your case, but it's a free world.