Grimm Forum
Can Renard be redeemed? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Can Renard be redeemed? (/Thread-Can-Renard-be-redeemed)

Pages: 1 2

Can Renard be redeemed? - Kathryn Wooten - 06-07-2016

I know David said in an interview he heard on the grapevine,that Renard is going to be the Big Bad in season 6..(I am not sure ,he is sure about that info) so it may be true or not Sasha boast that he was tired being a goodie 2 shoes and wanted to be bad again..so the writer are running with it...but can he be redeemed? and what can he do to achieve that goal?

RE: Can Renard be redeemed? - tscchope - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 09:23 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: ,that Renard is going to be the Big Bad in season 6..(...but can he be redeemed? and what can he do to achieve that goal?
Renard's strength is that he can play good and bad, which makes him wasted as the big bad. He's got the power he wants, now he has to keep it and try to turn that into a run for governor. That means staying on Black Claws's good side. Since team Grimm is not going to be on the same page, except some of the time, they'll be crossing swords some of the time and supporting each other on some issues. Renard's ambiguity is the only reason to keep his character on the show.

RE: Can Renard be redeemed? - New Guy - 06-07-2016

Hi Forum,
There are two types of "redemption" per Google:
Quote:1. the action of saving or being saved from sin, error, or evil.
2. the action of regaining or gaining possession of something in exchange for payment, or clearing a debt.
IMO Renard can feign goodness if it advances his self serving agenda. He has no interest in type 1 redemption. That leaves type 2:
They do not take cadavers at the redemption store:
http://luckyjacks.com/redemption-store/
There is another place where cadavers can be "redeemed:"
http://www.cadaverforsale.com/
It seems likely both BC and HW want him dead. Maybe the City of Portland can hire a Reaper. Marwan Hanano is dead, but there are other assassins for hire.
New Guy

RE: Can Renard be redeemed? - speakeasy - 06-07-2016

Most religious teaching emphasizes the mercy of redemption, but the penitent must sincerely desire it. Don't think Renard cares, I think his conscience is as clear as anyone else's would be in similar circumstances.

I won't start another riff about redemption, we've had enough of that from the old familiar voices. But I will add the regrettable thought that we Renard supporters should be prepared for an assault; not too many fans like the Captain, haha. I do, though. Smile

RE: Can Renard be redeemed? - Kathryn Wooten - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 10:56 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Forum,
There are two types of "redemption" per Google:
Quote:1. the action of saving or being saved from sin, error, or evil.
2. the action of regaining or gaining possession of something in exchange for payment, or clearing a debt.
IMO Renard can feign goodness if it advances his self serving agenda. He has no interest in type 1 redemption. That leaves type 2:
They do not take cadavers at the redemption store:
http://luckyjacks.com/redemption-store/
There is another place where cadavers can be "redeemed:"
http://www.cadaverforsale.com/
It seems likely both BC and HW want hi dead. Maybe the City of Portland can hire a Reaper. Marwan Hanano is dead, but there are other assassins for hire.
New Guy

BC was Bonaparte...and he is the cadaver..Renard will survive his encounter with Nick by calling a truce of sorts. Sean is now the head of BC and because he killed the big bad Bonaparte. And HW has took a huge hit....Renard is safe would be revered against attack. Because of being a full blown 100% zauberbiest Bonaparte was feared...now Renard kills the big bad he will be feared by the wesen who wants to up rise.

RE: Can Renard be redeemed? - tscchope - 06-07-2016

Bonapart was one of the leaders of Black Claw. Renard has control over those remaining in Portland, but that's a far cry from having control over the whole organisation. Naturally, Renard would want that. For that he needs Nick.

Team Grimm is so desperate to believe Renard is one of the good guys that they'll believe anything he says.

RE: Can Renard be redeemed? - Kathryn Wooten - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 11:52 AM)tscchope Wrote: Bonapart was one of the leaders of Black Claw. Renard has control over those remaining in Portland, but that's a far cry from having control over the whole organisation. Naturally, Renard would want that. For that he needs Nick.

Team Grimm is so desperate to believe Renard is one of the good guys that they'll believe anything he says.

Nick first impression, of running through Bonaparte will be interesting
Will Nick believe Sean saved his life or he just killed him because he wanted his power.......interesting Nick 1st thought. Knowing Nick he would believe Renard did it to save his life why would he think any other way

RE: Can Renard be redeemed? - jsgrimm45 - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 12:17 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 11:52 AM)tscchope Wrote: Bonapart was one of the leaders of Black Claw. Renard has control over those remaining in Portland, but that's a far cry from having control over the whole organisation. Naturally, Renard would want that. For that he needs Nick.

Nick first impression, of running through Bonaparte will be interesting
Will Nick believe Sean saved his life or he just killed him because he wanted his power.......interesting Nick 1st thought. Knowing Nick he would believe Renard did it to save his life why would he think any other way
I could agree but for one thing Nick knows Renard so I lean toward Nick thinking he did it for the power. If Renard is going to be the bad guy in season 6 there will be another fight between the two. IMO

RE: Can Renard be redeemed? - New Guy - 06-07-2016

Hi JS,
You commented:
Quote:I could agree but for one thing Nick knows Renard so I lean toward Nick thinking he did it for the power. If Renard is going to be the bad guy in season 6 there will be another fight between the two. IMO
I hope your prediction is correct. IMO Renard not only drank BC Koolaid is totally full of it and intoxicated by it. Nick is not impressed by BC and is super ticked that Renard has Baby Kelly.
I have long awaited for Nick to see Renard as the Prince of Evil. To have the Big Face Off in his Fome would be so cool. After Nick gets his revenge on Sean Boy, the Scooby Team can set Renard up to take all the heat for all the damage done to both BC and HW. Then let the survivors have their way with him.
I'll donate two cents in your name at a local pub.
New Guy

RE: Can Renard be redeemed? - speakeasy - 06-07-2016

I hope Renard sees the error of his ways in going along with what is essentially an insurrection that had its start long before Bonaparte arrived in Portland. But there is still time to make a turnaround. If he's cast as the villain in the last season, I still think his character will be made to mend his ways at the end, even if it's a tragedy that results in his death. He has a child who needs so much strong parental influence to save her, hope the writers don't have him sacrifice his daughter on the altar of ambition.

He may end up at the fome to join the final battle on the side of the gang, but he's not going to be offered up as a trophy of war by Nick and company; they're too classy for that. If there is a showdown between the two men, Nick will win, imo. But I hope the eager fans thirsting for a bloodletting will have to satisfy themselves with a cold beer.