Grimm Forum
Did the relic heal Nick or restore life - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Did the relic heal Nick or restore life (/Thread-Did-the-relic-heal-Nick-or-restore-life)

Pages: 1 2

Did the relic heal Nick or restore life - jsgrimm45 - 06-03-2016

When Nick was shoot in the back ok it wasn't a fatal wound so the relic heal him. Now the 3 in the chest looked to be fatal, so can the relic only heal or did it restore life?

RE: Did the relic heal Nick or restore life - Nicholas White - 06-03-2016

Heal. Everytime he was shot the wound would rapidly heal.

RE: Did the relic heal Nick or restore life - speakeasy - 06-03-2016

Seemed to restore his life to me. If so, it has the power of resurrecting, not just of saving lives, which I don't like.

RE: Did the relic heal Nick or restore life - Kathryn Wooten - 06-03-2016

(06-03-2016, 08:40 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Seemed to restore his life to me. If so, it has the power of resurrecting, not just of saving lives, which I don't like.

I believe near death the stick heals. We do not know what happens if the stick was used on a dead person, such as Miesner.

(06-03-2016, 09:43 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 08:40 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Seemed to restore his life to me. If so, it has the power of resurrecting, not just of saving lives, which I don't like.

I believe near death the stick heals. We do not know what happens if the stick was used on a dead person, such as Miesner.

I agree that the stick has not been used on a dead body that wasn't immediately treated with the it's power. It's just that those wounds were fatal and it looked like Nick had died. However it's just as likely that was some spark of life still in him - but he didn't use the stick, it restored him by simply being on his person. It's something we're sure to find out next season.

We also don't know if it's only Nick who can use it.

RE: Did the relic heal Nick or restore life - FaceInTheCrowd - 06-03-2016

We saw Nick pass out, but Eve was probably in even worse shape, considering how that there was a longer interval between her wounding and the application of the stick.

I'd say it's probably likely that the stick just does what it does, without regard to who is holding it or what that person's intent is. Otherwise, the original seven grimms might not have been so worried about it falling into the hands of the royals.

(06-03-2016, 10:57 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: We saw Nick pass out, but Eve was probably in even worse shape, considering how that there was a longer interval between her wounding and the application of the stick.

I'd say it's probably likely that the stick just does what it does, without regard to who is holding it or what that person's intent is. Otherwise, the original seven grimms might not have been so worried about it falling into the hands of the royals.

Thing is, they were Grimms, crusading in a holy war to take back from the Orthodox branch of the Church a city full of holy relics, and the authority it represented. And only Nick has used the stick's healing powers up to the present. He also only showed another Grimm (perhaps intuitively) it's hiding place; dunno why that seems significant to me but it does. I personally prefer the stick has only a secular significance, but the writers seem to be going out of their way to associate it with Christianity. The most recent hint at its link to it being religious relic was made by Trubel when Nick told her of its background.

But on the side of it's not being a religious relic, it may be that it is significant that it was wrapped in a cloth which hints at it being dangerous; perhaps if used by someone with harmful intentions, that doesn't seem very religious, merely superstitious, so there's that.

I feel Nick was dead and resurrected, but guess we'll see for certain, probably better that the stick has its limitations, haha. All we need is for Diana to get her cubby little hands on it. Smile

RE: Did the relic heal Nick or restore life - wfmyers1207 - 06-03-2016

(06-03-2016, 12:23 PM)speakeasy Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 10:57 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: We saw Nick pass out, but Eve was probably in even worse shape, considering how that there was a longer interval between her wounding and the application of the stick.

Thing is, they were Grimms, crusading in a holy war to take back from the Orthodox branch of the Church a city full of holy relics, and the authority it represented. And only Nick has used the stick's healing powers up to the present. He also only showed another Grimm (perhaps intuitively) it's hiding place; dunno why that seems significant to me but it does. I personally prefer the stick has only a secular significance, but the writers seem to be going out of their way to associate it with Christianity. The most recent hint at its link to it being religious relic was made by Trubel when Nick told her of its background.

But on the side of it's not being a religious relic, it may be that it is significant that it was wrapped in a cloth which hints at it being dangerous; perhaps if used by someone with harmful intentions, that doesn't seem very religious, merely superstitious, so there's that.

I feel Nick was dead and resurrected, but guess we'll see for certain, probably better that the stick has its limitations, haha. All we need is for Diana to get her cubby little hands on it. Smile

IMHO the "stick" is in fact a religious relic. But, I don't see how the writer's are making it seem like it belongs to one religious belief or another. Seems to me that they are leaving that up in the air for the audience to think what they will.

As for Nick telling Truble about it, perhaps it's like the coins of zakanthous, something grimms have a greater ability to resist than most other people. They are not immune to it's influence, but they can hold off being tempted to misuse it than most other folks. Just a thought. Dodgy

This is one of the things about grimms in the show. They have greater agility, innate fighting abilities, etc.. But, they also seem to be lest susceptible to the influence of evil then most people. Which is why they may have revolted against the Royal's back in the day.
"Enough is enough! We aren't doing you clowns dirty work any longer!" Angry

RE: Did the relic heal Nick or restore life - FaceInTheCrowd - 06-03-2016

Everything about the Crusades was either religious or at least represented to the Crusaders as religious. So it shouldn't come as a surprise, really.

RE: Did the relic heal Nick or restore life - New Guy - 06-03-2016

Hi Forum,
If the stick can raise the dead, I vote that Kelly Burkhardt be resurrected. I would love to see her face off with FrankenEve.
After Kelly fulfills her Dēcapitāre role she can ask Nicky, "Didn't Aunt Marie tell you the only good hexenbiest is a dead one?"
Nick could reply, "You are right Mom. She did say her only regret was I didn't have a chance to bury her. Now NBC can use the burial scenes from when Trubel killed her. She will like that."
New Guy