Grimm Forum
Sadness for Damien Puckler (Meisner) - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Cast & Crew (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Cast-Crew)
+--- Thread: Sadness for Damien Puckler (Meisner) (/Thread-Sadness-for-Damien-Puckler-Meisner)

Sadness for Damien Puckler (Meisner) - Zauberbiest - 05-21-2016

I feel sorry for Damien Puckler (the actor that played Meisner) losing his job. The guy has really had a hard time in showbiz. He gave a candid teary interview two years ago and it was heartbreaking. One of the things he said was that he was worried with Grimm and how that he could be out of a job at any time.

Then in an interview during the finale night, when I read that the producers saying they forgot to tell him Meisner would be killed off and that he only saw it when he got the script at the last second, I got really mad.

Hopefully they do find a way to bring him back.

In the interview, he was talking about how hard he has to work to get a part and last minute disappointments where he’d think he had a part for it to fall apart at the last minute. He lived in a car (for five years, I believe he said) and then a trailer, and at the time of that interview from two years ago, he was living in a small rented house with his brother and a couple of pets. You just assume these actors are all living well but not necessarily. He said he made $8,000 an episode for Grimm but you know that’s not what you end up with after taxes and all that gets taken out and he said he really is a struggling actor. He was so honest about everything-I really wanted to cry by the time I got to the end of it. I see he’s working on another project (per IMDB) so I hope things work out well for him.

Let us pray for him Sad

RE: Sadness for Damien Puckler (Meisner) - SilentEcho - 05-21-2016

Then in an interview during the finale night, when I read that the producers saying they forgot to tell him Meisner would be killed off and that he only saw it when he got the script at the last second, I got really mad.

I had no clue, that is a dick move by the producers. Thank you for sharing, and I hope he gets treated better in the future.

RE: Sadness for Damien Puckler (Meisner) - vrm3 - 05-22-2016

Meisner has been a favorite recurring character for my wife and me from his first appearance on Grimm. The scene when he delivered Adalind's baby and his subsequent bonding with Diana was so well done. It sucks that they so callously killed him off without giving him advance notice. Here is a link to the interview that Zauberbiest referred to in his post:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-actor-damien-puckler-20140504-story.html

RE: Sadness for Damien Puckler (Meisner) - tscchope - 05-22-2016

(05-22-2016, 12:11 AM)vrm3 Wrote: Meisner has been a favorite recurring character for my wife and me from his first appearance on Grimm. The scene when he delivered Adalind's baby and his subsequent bonding with Diana was so well done. It sucks that they so callously killed him off without giving him advance notice.
There's always the stick. He can return.

RE: Sadness for Damien Puckler (Meisner) - Kathryn Wooten - 05-22-2016

(05-22-2016, 03:58 AM)tscchope Wrote:
(05-22-2016, 12:11 AM)vrm3 Wrote: Meisner has been a favorite recurring character for my wife and me from his first appearance on Grimm. The scene when he delivered Adalind's baby and his subsequent bonding with Diana was so well done. It sucks that they so callously killed him off without giving him advance notice.
There's always the stick. He can return.
knowing THE STICK has a buyers beware side to it...it can heal almost instantly on a person who is near death or dying. What on earth would happen if they bring back a dead person....

(05-21-2016, 09:20 PM)Zauberbiest Wrote: I feel sorry for Damien Puckler (the actor that played Meisner) losing his job. The guy has really had a hard time in showbiz. He gave a candid teary interview two years ago and it was heartbreaking. One of the things he said was that he was worried with Grimm and how that he could be out of a job at any time.

Hopefully they do find a way to bring him back.

In the interview, he was talking about how hard he has to work to get a part and last minute disappointments where he’d think he had a part for it to fall apart at the last minute. He lived in a car (for five years, I believe he said) and then a trailer, and at the time of that interview from two years ago, he was living in a small rented house with his brother and a couple of pets. You just assume these actors are all living well but not necessarily. He said he made $8,000 an episode for Grimm but you know that’s not what you end up with after taxes and all that gets taken out and he said he really is a struggling actor. He was so honest about everything-I really wanted to cry by the time I got to the end of it. I see he’s working on another project (per IMDB) so I hope things work out well for him.

Let us pray for him Sad

you mean the handsome dude can't get work....He might now (especially if he was doing his own stunts)

RE: Sadness for Damien Puckler (Meisner) - FaceInTheCrowd - 05-22-2016

Getting work as an actor is really tough, but it does provide LA restaurants with a large labor pool.

RE: Sadness for Damien Puckler (Meisner) - brandon - 05-24-2016

very good actor.life is so.nor the people are lucky if you get a college degree.and in various disciplines men are paid more.

RE: Sadness for Damien Puckler (Meisner) - Hexenadler - 05-24-2016

I can't pretend I liked the character Damien Puckler played, but I hope the man continues to find plenty of work in the business. At the very least, Meisner's death was pretty damn memorable.

RE: Sadness for Damien Puckler (Meisner) - jsgrimm45 - 05-24-2016

Reading these posts one has to give him a great deal of credit when he found out is was out of a job he still put in the performance needed for the character.