Grimm Forum
S5E20 - Bad Night - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E20 - Bad Night (/Thread-S5E20-Bad-Night)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - FaceInTheCrowd - 05-15-2016

I don't think Renard has been hypnotized. Either he has really drunk the BC power cool aid or he's playing them for some as yet unrevealed purpose of his own.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Robyn - 05-15-2016

(05-15-2016, 07:01 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(05-15-2016, 05:27 AM)Robyn Wrote: So now he’ll channel his rage and become Rambo Grimm because he doesn’t know what else to do, unless Meisner and Eve can talk some sense into him. That doesn’t seem likely unless he listens and responds to Meisner and Eve better than he did to Hank and Monroe in Grimm Identity.

Nick really hasn't much of a reason for a square-jawed misogynistic brute and a brainwashed psycho-lady who helped to get his mom killed "talk some sense into him."

Whether we agree or not with Meisner’s strategy, his actions prevented Juliette’s continued murder spree. He and Trubel should have told Nick what they were doing with Juliette, but not telling him doesn’t negate the outcome.

Eve carrying the Juliette baggage, enables her to speak from hands-on experience. Juliette’s rage and quest for revenge didn’t produce any positive results, it only made her situation worse.

And if the previews are any indication, Nick’s rage and quest for revenge will have the same bad results - Renard throwing him through the window, BC capturing him.

If taking advice from Meisner & Eve isn’t the answer, then Nick taking a step back & calculating specific moves to achieve his endgame should be. Nick on a rampage might be entertaining, but it doesn’t present a Grimm or a man who is acting intelligently and in control of his emotions/actions. It does indicate what Meisner & Eve tried to warn him about - the risk of getting himself killed or getting those he cares about killed.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - BillyRocks - 05-15-2016

Take that, Tony!

[Image: tumblr_o780koz8ao1vsg56qo1_400.gif]

Rampage Wuge

[Image: tumblr_o780nvretC1vsg56qo1_400.gif]

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - irukandji - 05-15-2016

(05-15-2016, 07:31 AM)Robyn Wrote: Eve carrying the Juliette baggage, enables her to speak from hands-on experience. Juliette’s rage and quest for revenge didn’t produce any positive results, it only made her situation worse.

I like this statement.....a lot. This is one of the few times I've read where someone has taken what another character's been through and looked at that experience as a positive. Grimm is notorious for completely ignoring what characters have been through and turning that experience into guidance for other characters.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Hexenadler - 05-15-2016

(05-15-2016, 07:31 AM)Robyn Wrote: Whether we agree or not with Meisner’s strategy, his actions prevented Juliette’s continued murder spree. He and Trubel should have told Nick what they were doing with Juliette, but not telling him doesn’t negate the outcome.

Yes, because as we all know, when a woman is gifted with supernatural powers, she'll inevitably turn into a raving bitch who needs to be disciplined by a strong, charismatic man. Usually through a great deal of physical abuse.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - speakeasy - 05-15-2016

(05-15-2016, 07:48 AM)BillyRocks Wrote: Take that, Tony!

[Image: tumblr_o780koz8ao1vsg56qo1_400.gif]
Hank ain't afraid of no stinkin' wesen bad guy. Big Grin Not the first time, either. He'll take on any opponent, enhanced or not; he's always in the advance guard.

(05-15-2016, 07:48 AM)BillyRocks Wrote: Rampage Wuge

[Image: tumblr_o780nvretC1vsg56qo1_400.gif]

Must be something in the water in Portland, haha, everyone seems to have anger issues. Tongue Thanks for posting!

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Robyn - 05-15-2016

(05-15-2016, 08:07 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(05-15-2016, 07:31 AM)Robyn Wrote: Whether we agree or not with Meisner’s strategy, his actions prevented Juliette’s continued murder spree. He and Trubel should have told Nick what they were doing with Juliette, but not telling him doesn’t negate the outcome.

Yes, because as we all know, when a woman is gifted with supernatural powers, she'll inevitably turn into a raving bitch who needs to be disciplined by a strong, charismatic man. Usually through a great deal of physical abuse.

The two are not necessarily connected within the narrow context I presented.

I am in total agreement with you how the show / Greenwalt & Kouf represent the female characters, but their stereotypical method doesn’t automatically overshadow Eve’s experience and growth from her Juliette past.

And that’s all I was saying, Eve knew from experience that Juliette’s actions stemmed from her rage and need for revenge, and that’s what she feared for Nick.

I’m not suggesting the show / Greenwalt & Kouf wasn’t wrong for not allowing Juliette to take control of her rage and control of the Hexenbiest in her own time and in her own way. I agree, Juliette’s only way out of her situation shouldn’t have been to become someone else without emotion or attachment, to become a weapon to be used at another’s discretion.

(05-15-2016, 08:02 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-15-2016, 07:31 AM)Robyn Wrote: Eve carrying the Juliette baggage, enables her to speak from hands-on experience. Juliette’s rage and quest for revenge didn’t produce any positive results, it only made her situation worse.

I like this statement.....a lot. This is one of the few times I've read where someone has taken what another character's been through and looked at that experience as a positive. Grimm is notorious for completely ignoring what characters have been through and turning that experience into guidance for other characters.

Thank you irukandji for such a nice compliment.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Rotkäppchen - 05-15-2016

Also, I meant to add this last night.

someone had said that BC doesn't know about Wu and his new not quite wesen side. They do IMO. When Wu was at the hospital and the guy that was following / tailing him was there - he got on his cell and called someone and told them "he's here yes I'll stay/watch" all that and more and Wu was released and the guy was holed up in his truck by his place. Seems (not fully remembering) he said over the phone "one of us" now too or something. Maybe before Wu killed the guy the guy was to get Wu to woge (thinking maybe he had turned into a wu-wuf or blutbaden or whatever) to get him to them or turn him into a supporter as in feel alienated from Nick (Grimm) as in you're now his enemy or something. That didn't happen. Wu is something else entirely and getting ahold of this it "seems" we honestly don't know or know of any manipulation on BCs side while at the hospital or anywhere. Plus, Wu wants to get it in under his control and be able to remain in control while he's Neanderthal Wu ... so many many ways this is all going to play out this Friday.

(05-14-2016, 06:10 PM)Rotkäppchen Wrote: A couple things:

Do they know where Zuri is because: a) her necklace has a tracking device in it (they seemed to show it a couple times to where it stood out to me - her necklace) or is it odd that b) RoRoe want to go to HW as well all of a sudden? Conrad gets a call around the time they all depart and separate ...

Those pictures for the two-parter (or just one part since supposedly they are not leaking anything from the final hour ... yet) - Nick has his flashlight leaned against the bricks and you can see the box to the left open and is it empty? If so, the only ones that knew where it was would be him (Nick) and Truebel and she was left there alone after that incident with him saying "I'll be back". Eve said more than once when Truebel returned to HW that she seemed angry - more angry than usual (almost) like something was "off" perhaps?

So, is someone compromised? Have they been all along? Or not? I think Meisner is dead. I have no idea what they encounter in the tunnel or where exactly it goes or ends up - unless Nick says "the stick is GONE" or someone has it and says "I'm sorry I didn't want to do this or I'm sorry" or whatever LOL

In the CC periscope I didn't hear her say that whoever died was beloved. I didn't hear her say that Renard would not die. During the Wizard convention thing with David, Sasha and Bitsie there was a part where they were talking about and David says something to Sasha about that "death scene" or something - it was not very loud for me no matter what I did and I had a hard time hearing it. It just seemed "odd" almost and made me wonder as well if Sasha's character (Renard) is possibly going to die or leave us where we are not sure as in is it his fate and/or Nick's as the cliffhanger? The show is Grimm not Nick Grimm so if Truebel isn't compromised she could come and step in as the "Grimm" or at least in the beginning. Or is it that when Conrad gets into Nick's head looking for the lineage book he finds something even better in there trying to be hidden in the depths of Nick's memories regarding the "stick" and that's why we see the cop with the bully stick at Nick's fome? You also see bodies lying about and to the right of that picture a knife through someone's eye it looks like so there's going to be lots of dead bodies lying around.

I had I thought a couple other things and now I can't remember them LOL

I also thought that CC said that Adalind would not have a duel with Eve - and not seen as much (but the not seen as much I may have imagined lol) but that yes, she would be S6 (Adalind) that is. And she also was leery about a lot regarding Nick and Adalind (as in getting back together, Nick saving her/kid(s) and all that as well); she basically said her interaction with Eve would be more of a "magical one" which leads me down the road of the thing Eve said only she called it a sort of "twin thing" hu what? LOL okay twinsie HA

Based on what CC had to say on her FB periscope that Eve will have a duel - I feel strongly as i have for a while that Conrad and Eve will have a showdown unless her showdown is more with Diana? She did say Diana will be seen a lot in the last few episodes (this was right before last night's show came on) so ...

Also, someone on another thread mentions something about an UberGrimm? I didn't hear that (that that is why Conrad is wanting the lineage book along with finding all other Grimms to kill and/or recruit) ... UberGrimm if that is the case and it's NOT Nick then is it Trubel? is it someone we've not seen before? Did Nick's mom have another child? Are we sure that Nick's dad has no Grimm blood?

Oh and on the CC periscope she posted on FB (sorry this just jumped into my head) someone asked about Diana growing so fast. She said "that's the million dollar question" ... when will THAT be answered or will it? hmm

and with all that - I'm still wondering if that box is going to be empty when Nick goes for it. if it is the necklace that has a tracker or if someone on the inside of the Scoobs made the call and not the necklace ... gosh five days! LOL

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - FaceInTheCrowd - 05-15-2016

At the hospital, Delano tells someone on the phone that he's found Wu, that he's in the hospital and that he'll stay with him. No mention of Wu being "one of us." On the street, Delano gets out of his truck and follows Wu, which leads to their confrontation, but never uses his phone.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - pennyangel122 - 05-15-2016

(05-13-2016, 10:46 PM)Sandielli Wrote: Doesn't anyone remember that Juliette was a good person and sacrificed herself to help Nick get his Grimm powers back? And, Adalind was the one who ruined Juliette's life. Why is everyone always against Juliette/Eve? As a hexanbeist, she had no control over her witchy ways. Adalind slept with her fiancé! I want the kid to be Renard's and not Nick's. I want Adalind to show her true colors, once she gets all of her powers back, so Nick can see who he truly loves. Come on already! He and Juliette were meant to be together, fighting Black Claw!

I loved Juliette and Nick. Adeline destroyed Juliette. I thought it was kinda mean what Nick said to Eve about it not being her child. I just didn't like Nick tonight. I am also disappointed that Hank didn't get to have a love life. I was happy that he saw right away she was involved with the incident.