Grimm Forum
S5E20 - Bad Night - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E20 - Bad Night (/Thread-S5E20-Bad-Night)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - FaceInTheCrowd - 05-14-2016

That's the problem with the dark, vengeful Nick that so many people have been grumbling about not seeing this season. Dark, vengeful people are obsessed, and they seldom think straight.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - MANTItotheCore - 05-14-2016

Personally, I like the calculating Grimm, not the 'stupid' one who makes poor decisions... but that's just me. Wink

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - FaceInTheCrowd - 05-14-2016

Me too. I'm not one of those who have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the dark, vengeful Nick.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - New Guy - 05-15-2016

Hello Forum,
Should Nick add this poster to the fome Décor?
[Image: keep-calm-and-don-t-get-mad-get-even.png]
This is the Grimm show, not the Zauberbiest show. Nick must Grimm up and take Renard down. The 5.21 fight scene in the precinct just ain't right! The new Mayor should be in a wheel chair with two black eyes, a broken nose and a toothless grin courtesy of our Grimm.
New Guy

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Robyn - 05-15-2016

Nick isn’t calculating, he doesn’t prevent, he reacts as events happen. Nick began receiving clues and information in the first S5 episode and continued receiving additional clues and information right up to Adalind taking Kelly and going to Renard. Nick didn’t react to any of it, he didn’t use HW’s need to have him join as a way to find out everything HW knew and how that might connect to clues and info he already had. Nick continued to go to work, do his cop thing, do his Grimm thing. Now that everything Chavez warned him about, HW warned him about, Adalind warned him about, the clues and information gathered along the way indicated would happen are actually happening, he’s upset and angry and unprepared.

So now he’ll channel his rage and become Rambo Grimm because he doesn’t know what else to do, unless Meisner and Eve can talk some sense into him. That doesn’t seem likely unless he listens and responds to Meisner and Eve better than he did to Hank and Monroe in Grimm Identity.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - speakeasy - 05-15-2016

Chavez was also the one who cautioned Nick to not let anyone know he was connected to HW.

To me, Nick inspires loyalty and that's the first hallmark of a good leader. My favorite character on the show is Renard (followed by the heroic Hank; don't get me started), but he hasn't one true and loyal friend that I can see, although he does tend to rise to a position of authority in most situations. But I'd put my money on Nick's people coming through before placing my trust in what Renard's side would do for him under extreme circumstances.

Nick is definitely the General of his troops and they advise him, but look to him to make every important decision - then carry out his wishes. You can't be too thick to command that sort of unquestioning loyalty; imo, it would fall apart eventually under the weight of miscalculation. Plus he's attracted a number of very capable and sharp adherents who are also fierce friends, another testimony to his ability to lead, imo. It's also useful to consider that he has established a very strong tie to the wesen community in Portland.

One more feature of Nick's personality that I detect (seems many other fans have opinions to the contrary, so maybe I'm missing something) is a definite humanitarian approach to situations that could appear as hesitation to some observers. He does seem to take an inordinate amount of time to act at times, not much in the way of knee-jerk activity there. (Maybe that's fixing to change, what with dark Nick and all.)

I can't see how he could have headed off much of what has happened, maybe been a little quicker on the uptake on the situation. But this is a large and well-planned uprising, with a big head start on achieving its aims; the game was upon him before he even knew of its existence. They decided to get Diana and they got her.

But a thoughtful juggernaut (oxymoron) could be more dangerous than a cold-hearted one, guess I'm saying there's no real trouble for Renard and BC now, but it's coming.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Hexenadler - 05-15-2016

(05-15-2016, 05:27 AM)Robyn Wrote: So now he’ll channel his rage and become Rambo Grimm because he doesn’t know what else to do, unless Meisner and Eve can talk some sense into him. That doesn’t seem likely unless he listens and responds to Meisner and Eve better than he did to Hank and Monroe in Grimm Identity.

Nick really hasn't much of a reason for a square-jawed misogynistic brute and a brainwashed psycho-lady who helped to get his mom killed "talk some sense into him."

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - BillyRocks - 05-15-2016

Rampage Night

[Image: tumblr_o77xnm2Hrc1vsg56qo1_400.gif]

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Kathryn Wooten - 05-15-2016

(05-14-2016, 08:52 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: That's the problem with the dark, vengeful Nick that so many people have been grumbling about not seeing this season. Dark, vengeful people are obsessed, and they seldom think straight.

He is letting his emotions fog his judgement....he is blaming everything on Renard...and as he told him, this revolution was going to happened no matter if he was or Nick was dead ......the blame is on Conrad not Renard...now that we know what Bonaparte can do as a full Zauberbiest to a hexenbiest..I would not put it past him to have convince Renard..in the same manner..Something just not right having Renard think they are crazy..then is in lock step with BC (it's out of Character if he was not letting his family take over his town..he sure would not let CB do it)

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - BillyRocks - 05-15-2016

You want more?

[Image: tumblr_o77xs0WSx21vsg56qo1_400.gif]

[Image: tumblr_o77ybk114X1vsg56qo1_400.gif]