Grimm Forum
S5E20 - Bad Night - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E20 - Bad Night (/Thread-S5E20-Bad-Night)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Robyn - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 11:44 AM)degrimm Wrote:
(05-14-2016, 11:31 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(05-14-2016, 07:52 AM)degrimm Wrote: anyone find the conversation between eve and trubel weird bcos this is the second time such convo is taking place;
i believe one of them truly has an idea of how season 4 ending went down cos there are a lot of loop holes in that finale starting from trubel @ the trailer finding a pic of hundeagar not burnt there to being the one that shot juliette/eve and juliette.eve wanting to die first instead of killing nick if truly she came back to kill nick

I took the Eve/Trubel conversation as a means to express, without slapping viewers in the face with it, the change in Eve since their first conversation about Nick & Adalind.

If it was to be foretelling, the meaning went over my head.Shy

but eve is been strangely ok and calm in this episode as if she understands what nick is going through and with trubel, she was angry but her 1st rxn is to want to walk away instead of facing it head on like their first convo in s05e10.
Claire Coffee said in an interview that Eve would barge into their home to confront Nick & Adalind about Nick’s family taking his focus away from his responsibility to HW. That didn’t happen and it’s too late for it to happen now. I think that might be one of the rewrites. Instead of Eve upset about Nick focusing on Adalind & Kelly, she instead confronted Adalind, warning her she’d come for her if she hurt Nick.

When Eve & Trubel had the first conversation about Nick/Adalind/Kelly, Eve was completely detached, stating she did not owe ‘Juliette’ anything. In her mind Juliette was dead. She even told Nick her only regret was that has wasn’t able to bury Juliette.

In Eve & Trubel’s second conversation, when asked what would Juliette think, Eve admits to Trubel that she doesn’t risk going there. Something has changed from there being a total disconnect between Eve & Juliette, to Juliette becoming a thought process Eve won’t risk.

I think Nick is emotionally weak and he would take comfort from Eve. Right now Nick has lost everything. If Eve offers to help him get Kelly back and offers comfort, I think he would take both. Not thinking it would be become a relationship, but something he would cling to in the moment.

Consider how Nick instantly pushed his living arrangement with Adalind to a relationship level when he discovered Juliette wasn’t dead. Juliette’s return threatened what he & Adalind had accomplished, and he reacted in a way to insure it would survive, without thinking through the consequences of moving forward faster than they were ready to.

I agree with you, Nick/Eve or Nick/Eve-Juliette won’t work, but I don’t dismiss any direction when it comes to the wacky storylines of Greenfield & Kouf.

Something I’ve notice with Meisner being gone for a while and now back - Eve reacts differently to Nick and refers to him differently when Meisner is within viewing/hearing range. As though she doesn’t want Meisner to notice any change or question if her disconnect from Juliette and her past is still firmly intact.

(05-14-2016, 12:20 PM)speakeasy Wrote: Robyn, you are probably aiming your comments mostly at degrimm's post about a budding romance indicated in episodes 4 and 6 - then not pursued due to the decision to change the direction of the story, and that sounds right. Although I concur that Adalind and Meisner won't probably be an item, just think he may have residual feelings that will result in his showing loyalty to her should the occasion arise. They have a real history and I think there is an important connection between Meisner and Diana also, since he got rid of King Fredrick, who was abducting her.

As to a pairing of Nick and Adalind, I don't have any intense feelings about it one way or the other anymore, except that it seems doomed to failure; just too much bad karma between them, even for a precious baby to bridge the gap (and let's not even think of the response that would get from Diana). What a mess, with all this interbreeding and crossbreeding; maybe they should all form a commune! Smile

Yes, I was speculating that a Nick/Adalind/ Meisner triangle rewritten as an Adalind/Nick/Eve-Juliette triangle might have been one of the rewrites Greenwalt & Kouf spoke about. Of course, considering how things are going it might have been rewritten as a Nick/Adalind/Renard triangle or a Nick/Adalind/Eve-Juliette/Renard … what do you call four people, a polygon, a circus?

I’d prefer Nick & Adalind not end up together, but Nick/Adalind doesn’t bother me as long as it isn’t akin to a nighttime soap. I don’t really think Adalind having a child with Nick and another with Renard is necessarily a problem or an indication that Adalind’s choice is Nick/Kelly vs. Renard/Diana. Considering the direction the show is taking with Diana, unless Nick’s magic stick can destroy whatever is the source of Diana’s power without killing her, any family life remotely resembling normal & safe seems farfetched. And at some point Adalind would have to confront that realization.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - jsgrimm45 - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 12:53 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(05-14-2016, 07:52 AM)degrimm Wrote: anyone find the conversation between eve and trubel weird bcos this is the second time such convo is taking place;
i believe one of them truly has an idea of how season 4 ending went down cos there are a lot of loop holes in that finale starting from trubel @ the trailer finding a pic of hundeagar not burnt there to being the one that shot juliette/eve and juliette.eve wanting to die first instead of killing nick if truly she came back to kill nick

I took the Eve/Trubel conversation as a means to express, without slapping viewers in the face with it, the change in Eve since their first conversation about Nick & Adalind.

but eve is been strangely ok and calm in this episode as if she understands what nick is going through and with trubel, she was angry but her 1st rxn is to want to walk away instead of facing it head on like their first convo in s05e10.
Claire Coffee said in an interview that Eve would barge into their home to confront Nick & Adalind about Nick’s family taking his focus away from his responsibility to HW. That didn’t happen and it’s too late for it to happen now. I think that might be one of the rewrites. Instead of Eve upset about Nick focusing on Adalind & Kelly, she instead confronted Adalind, warning her she’d come for her if she hurt Nick.

When Eve & Trubel had the first conversation about Nick/Adalind/Kelly, Eve was completely detached, stating she did not owe ‘Juliette’ anything. In her mind Juliette was dead. She even told Nick her only regret was that has wasn’t able to bury Juliette.

In Eve & Trubel’s second conversation, when asked what would Juliette think, Eve admits to Trubel that she doesn’t risk going there. Something has changed from there being a total disconnect between Eve & Juliette, to Juliette becoming a thought process Eve won’t risk.

I think Nick is emotionally weak and he would take comfort from Eve. Right now Nick has lost everything. If Eve offers to help him get Kelly back and offers comfort, I think he would take both. Not thinking it would be become a relationship, but something he would cling to in the moment.

Consider how Nick instantly pushed his living arrangement with Adalind to a relationship level when he discovered Juliette wasn’t dead. Juliette’s return threatened what he & Adalind had accomplished, and he reacted in a way to insure it would survive, without thinking through the consequences of moving forward faster than they were ready to.

I agree with you, Nick/Eve or Nick/Eve-Juliette won’t work, but I don’t dismiss any direction when it comes to the wacky storylines of Greenfield & Kouf.

Something I’ve notice with Meisner being gone for a while and now back - Eve reacts differently to Nick and refers to him differently when Meisner is within viewing/hearing range. As though she doesn’t want Meisner to notice any change or question if her disconnect from Juliette and her past is still firmly intact.

(05-14-2016, 12:20 PM)speakeasy Wrote: Robyn, you are probably aiming your comments mostly at degrimm's post about a budding romance indicated in episodes 4 and 6 - then not pursued due to the decision to change the direction of the story, and that sounds right. Although I concur that Adalind and Meisner won't probably be an item, just think he may have residual feelings that will result in his showing loyalty to her should the occasion arise. They have a real history and I think there is an important connection between Meisner and Diana also, since he got rid of King Fredrick, who was abducting her.

As to a pairing of Nick and Adalind, I don't have any intense feelings about it one way or the other anymore, except that it seems doomed to failure; just too much bad karma between them, even for a precious baby to bridge the gap (and let's not even think of the response that would get from Diana). What a mess, with all this interbreeding and crossbreeding; maybe they should all form a commune! Smile

Yes, I was speculating that a Nick/Adalind/ Meisner triangle rewritten as an Adalind/Nick/Eve-Juliette triangle might have been one of the rewrites Greenwalt & Kouf spoke about. Of course, considering how things are going it might have been rewritten as a Nick/Adalind/Renard triangle or a Nick/Adalind/Eve-Juliette/Renard … what do you call four people, a polygon, a circus?

I’d prefer Nick & Adalind not end up together, but Nick/Adalind doesn’t bother me as long as it isn’t akin to a nighttime soap. I don’t really think Adalind having a child with Nick and another with Renard is necessarily a problem or an indication that Adalind’s choice is Nick/Kelly vs. Renard/Diana. Considering the direction the show is taking with Diana, unless Nick’s magic stick can destroy whatever is the source of Diana’s power without killing her, any family life remotely resembling normal & safe seems farfetched. And at some point Adalind would have to confront that realization.
Do you think the relic might take Diana powers? That would make for a good plot twist. How would you do it like would the relic have to touch her would take someone who loved her like Adalind have to be holding the relic?

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - degrimm - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 12:53 PM)Robyn Wrote:

"In Eve & Trubel’s second conversation, when asked what would Juliette think, Eve admits to Trubel that she doesn’t risk going there. Something has changed from there being a total disconnect between Eve & Juliette, to Juliette becoming a thought process Eve won’t risk. "
you are definitely right here.

the use of the name "burkhardt" used in HW house by eve and nick when she's talking to the scooby doo gang outside is also strange;

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - droid327 - 05-14-2016

OK I still am standing by my crazy theory that Eve is really Nick's mom's consciousness, not Juliette's. When Nick confronted her in the HW bunker about Kelly, the way she said "HE'S not my son..." seemed to very much leave the implication "...but YOU are" Smile Also I think Trubel and Meisner know but aren't telling Nick.

I'm glad they didn't play out the Hank thing anymore, he's not stupid. I'm glad he didnt buy her protestations that she was coerced and just gave her some rope to hang herself with. In fact I think he and Trubel are the only sensible characters on the show sometimes, they'll be the reason they beat BC.

I don't want Wu to get control of his Neanderthal alter ego. I want him to be Wesen-free...but as soon as he learns to woge on command, now that he can un-woge, he's basically full-fledged Wesen. I don't know why Rosalie and Monroe were so adamant that whatever Wu was *wasn't* Wesen....I hope they're not going to end up trying to use him as some bridgebuilder between BC and HW, like "Wu isn't really human but isn't really Wesen, he can bridge both worlds".

Diana is still creepy in a bad way and cliché. Why is she always made up like a pageant girl? Her character is just so boring and Macguffiny.

I don't like Sean going all-in with BC. It seems so out of character for him. He's not a Wesen supremacist. He's never had a problem with Kehrseite, or identified strongly with Wesen, in fact he's tried most of his life to live outside of that world. He's never been this ambitious, outside of when he had the Coins. I want to believe he's still just playing BC from the inside as a double-agent, but I cant understand why he'd do that whole exchange with Nick if he was, for whose benefit that was supposed to be. If he is supposed to be sincerely BC now, I think its a horrible direction for the character.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Nickster - 05-14-2016

I think Renard has always hated kehrseites due to the fact that he was rejected by Royals- who are humans. He's been disgraced, spent his childhood on the run and treated as an outsider by his own father.

Black Claw has promised him a future where he will be accepted for being a freak and he will have the chance to rule these humans who as he sees, despises "monsters" like him.

I understand Renard's decision to go Black Claw but it still makes him a jerk.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - degrimm - 05-14-2016

"They have my son. You have no choice. They will expect you to be emotional, and they will take advantage of that. Oh, that's easy for you to say. He's not your kid. No, he's not."

nick's jab @ eve when he said he's not your son- she took strangely by accepting no he's not and when trubel came back she asked how he's handling the whole situation.
but if he still doesn't choose her then she could go angry

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Kathryn Wooten - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 01:36 PM)droid327 Wrote: OK I still am standing by my crazy theory that Eve is really Nick's mom's consciousness, not Juliette's. When Nick confronted her in the HW bunker about Kelly, the way she said "HE'S not my son..." seemed to very much leave the implication "...but YOU are" Smile Also I think Trubel and Meisner know but aren't telling Nick.

I'm glad they didn't play out the Hank thing anymore, he's not stupid. I'm glad he didnt buy her protestations that she was coerced and just gave her some rope to hang herself with. In fact I think he and Trubel are the only sensible characters on the show sometimes, they'll be the reason they beat BC.

I don't want Wu to get control of his Neanderthal alter ego. I want him to be Wesen-free...but as soon as he learns to woge on command, now that he can un-woge, he's basically full-fledged Wesen. I don't know why Rosalie and Monroe were so adamant that whatever Wu was *wasn't* Wesen....I hope they're not going to end up trying to use him as some bridgebuilder between BC and HW, like "Wu isn't really human but isn't really Wesen, he can bridge both worlds".

Diana is still creepy in a bad way and cliché. Why is she always made up like a pageant girl? Her character is just so boring and Macguffiny.

I don't like Sean going all-in with BC. It seems so out of character for him. He's not a Wesen supremacist. He's never had a problem with Kehrseite, or identified strongly with Wesen, in fact he's tried most of his life to live outside of that world. He's never been this ambitious, outside of when he had the Coins. I want to believe he's still just playing BC from the inside as a double-agent, but I cant understand why he'd do that whole exchange with Nick if he was, for whose benefit that was supposed to be. If he is supposed to be sincerely BC now, I think its a horrible direction for the character.

Or Sean knows he is being watched and he needs BC to trust him completely so he has to keep up his Charade. Because if Nick believe Renard is no good Conrad will let his guard down and then Renard will show his true colors

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Robyn - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 01:11 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Do you think the relic might take Diana powers? That would make for a good plot twist. How would you do it like would the relic have to touch her would take someone who loved her like Adalind have to be holding the relic?

I have no idea. I only suggested the magic stick because so far the show appears to be insinuating that the stick is capable of wielding great power for good or evil depending on the person using it and their intentions.

And if that’s the case, who/what other than the stick could remove the evil from Diana without killing her. If another Grimm’s blood won’t work on Adalind it won’t work on Diana, and besides, there’s probably a lot more in Diana than a Hexenbiest.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - tscchope - 05-14-2016

I think we'd find out what's perilous about the stick were it in Diana's hands.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - MANTItotheCore - 05-14-2016

[/quote]
Renard walks while Nick goes through Renard's office glass window by Renard..Coffee says Renard will not be killed by Nick and Renard pummels Nick
[/quote]

CC said that Renard beats up Nick? 1/2 ZB beats up and angry Grimm? If the writers allow that crap to happen without something that helps Renard in someway...just straight battle, then F the writers completely!

As someone who truly loves this show and watches an episode almost daily when nothing's on TV, I may have to stop. And, I have to tell you that the writers need to understand that you have to enjoy the freaking series...episode by episode. It's NOT enough to beat up the good guys all season long just to provide some 'satisfying' ending!! Nobody is interesting in seeing Nick get beat up by Sean. Grimm's are supposed to be BAD. If he gets beat up by a 1/2 ZB, then it underscores that Nick's Grimm prowess has diminished rather than growing... shame on the writers for allowing that, BTW.