Grimm Forum
S5E20 - Bad Night - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E20 - Bad Night (/Thread-S5E20-Bad-Night)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - speakeasy - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 09:13 AM)degrimm Wrote: so we can pretty much assume that meisner daydreaming of adalind was a practical waste of screen time in episode 6;

then adalind and meisner look in episode 4 was another waste of screen time to throw us off the scent of what their intentions were as regards to writing

Could be that Meisner will come to Adalind's rescue in some way because he does have feelings for her, imo.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - FaceInTheCrowd - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 08:08 AM)degrimm Wrote: Hank's phone calls,messages and other data on his phone are important to get the scooby doo gang weaknesses and maybe possible locations.

A good hacker can get do all that stuff just by installing some hidden apps on the phone. No need to connect to a laptop. The way this went down, Tony entered the house to take the phone, downloaded Hank's data and then reentered the house to put the phone back, creating two chances for him to get caught and leaving that laptop in his car to reveal what he was doing.

The drugs, the mess and the dead cat in Tony's car strike me as a hint that Tony was too much of a loser to trust with any mission in which his getting caught wasn't the real goal.

Zuri getting caught may have been a lucky accident after Tony didn't get taken to HW, but staging Tony's capture in her house may also have been a backup so that BC could have two chances to get someone taken to HW.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - irukandji - 05-14-2016

I just finished watching the episode.

Some things that came across to me as odd/interesting:

Renard not knowing where Nick lives? That just seems to me to be just way too bizarre. He's Nick's captain for one thing. I think he knows and was playing along with Adalind to see if she'd reveal the location. While it could happen, it doesn't make a lot of sense that Black Claw would station some guys at Renard's old place in the hope Nick would show up so they could follow him to Monroe and Rosalee's

I'm not going to say Renard seemed surprised, but he did make the statement that Adalind brought Kelly. It was almost as if he expected her to come alone. So is Kelly a liability?

Diana manipulating Kelly in the air. I thought she was testing Adalind for weaknesses. If I saw that, I'd be worried for Kelly's safety, which is exactly how Adalind reacted.

Wu controlling the virus. I actually thought that was pretty cool. It also makes me wonder about the origin of wesen. Is he considered a wesen now and did they originate from a virus?

Who is Adalind protecting, her children, Nick, or her children and Nick? I know at least twice during the episode Nick mentioned that she was protecting her children. He did not mention that she wrote in her note that she was protecting him too. I also thought it interesting that, while he said she was being pressured by Renard, his only concern was for getting Kelly back. He never once mentioned he wanted Adalind back. He said she told him she loved him, but there was no mention that he loved her in return.

Eve/Juliette. I am with everyone else on this dumbness. HW goes to all of this trouble and expense to create Eve. So why is Trubel bringing up Juliette? I wish they would just leave that alone. However, Eve messing with Zuri; I liked that a lot.

HW. I got the impression with this episode that Nick, Monroe, and Rosalee have finally made the decision to join HW? It's about time. They don't seem to be able to make it with 3 people. I am curious how Nick is going to handle his detective job. Or, is he resigning? That would be kind of a cool twist if it happens.

The stick. I'm not convinced it's the true cross. I still think it's either a wand or the staff of Moses. Either one would react to the wishes of the person holding it.

All in all, a pretty good episode. My nit is that it there should have been better dialogue in spots and the story should have been pulled together better so it was tight and continually tense. That would lead up to a good two part finale.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - wfmyers1207 - 05-14-2016

I know some folks will disagree, but I really liked this episode. It moved along well despite (as usual) covering several plot lines at once. One thing that does bother me is that given the writer's love of ending the season on cliffhangers, several of these issues won't be resolved until next season. Sad

Some things we did learn however are:

Adalind is still an idiot!

LBB does NOT like Rachel. And she better watch her back. She is going to be so dead!

We finally get to see that darker Grimm we were promised nearly a year ago.

Nick showed Truble where the relic was and told her as much as he knew about it himself. That hints he may decide to sign on/ally with HW after all. Not because he likes them, but because he is starting to feel outnumbered and outgunned.

BC definitely made a mistake trying to use LBB. They are going to rue the day they tried to play that little girl! Confused

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - FaceInTheCrowd - 05-14-2016

Folks who thought Renard's campaign was unrealistic before will have even more to chew on. Mere days before the election, Renard not only sprouts a heretofore unseen family, he also moves out of his house (which was already too expensive for a police captain's salary) and into a $2.7M mansion with as much thuggy security out front as Don Corleone ever had at his place. And nobody is going to notice that?

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - wfmyers1207 - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 10:51 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Folks who thought Renard's campaign was unrealistic before will have even more to chew on. Mere days before the election, Renard not only sprouts a heretofore unseen family, he also moves out of his house (which was already too expensive for a police captain's salary) and into a $2.7M mansion with as much thuggy security out front as Don Corleone ever had at his place. And nobody is going to notice that?

C'mon Face. This is a fantasy show after all.

In the real world you would be quite correct. The whole situation would be downright laughable! Even the rather lame news media we have in this country wouldn't buy that! Big Grin

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Robyn - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 09:22 AM)speakeasy Wrote:
(05-14-2016, 09:13 AM)degrimm Wrote: so we can pretty much assume that meisner daydreaming of adalind was a practical waste of screen time in episode 6;

then adalind and meisner look in episode 4 was another waste of screen time to throw us off the scent of what their intentions were as regards to writing

Could be that Meisner will come to Adalind's rescue in some way because he does have feelings for her, imo.

Greenwalt and/or Kouf said in a interview that parts of episodes and the storyline were rewritten because they didn’t think the originals were working. Could be that up to ‘Eve of Destruction’ they were going for the Nick/Adalind/Meisner triangle, and then decided for some reason that wouldn’t work. Because it wasn’t until Nick announced he was going to Germany that Adalind suddenly fell madly in love with him and his distrust of her suddenly backtracked to their earlier adversarial status.

So maybe it was decided that in order to keep Nick as the center piece, Nick/Adalind/Meisner would need to be rewritten as Adalind/Nick/Eve-Juliette.

My personal opinion only, no disrespect to any relationship shipping - I don’t see a believable scenario where Adalind & Meisner have the opportunity to kindle the attraction realized in S3 and Adalind choosing Nick for any reason other than he’s stationary/predictable as opposed to Meisner being a mercenary & going where the action is, and Nick being Kelly’s father.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - IAmCherryShadows - 05-14-2016

I defiantly enjoyed this episode, I'm glad Hank realised Zuri was a traitor before everything got out of hand, Black Claw having more information about Hank would be very dangerous and this has definitely put them on a halt. Rachel is properly going to die in the hands of Diana, she sensed that her mother did not like her and is going to try and make her mum happy. I believe Nick will join HW purely for the fact that he will have people behind him. As for Renard I want to believe he is going to turn on Black Claw but I think it's too early to say which side he is on (and we are assuming he might die). Nick has a lot of reason to go to war now they have his son, he would of went to war with black claw anyway but this puts him in a position where he has something personal to go off, also gives him the reason to join HW. If the writers do kill Renard off I think Eve or Trubel will be the ones to kill him as they are both trying to kill Black Claw. Trubel would want revenge for Nick and Eve is a machine, programmed to kill Black Claw.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Robyn - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 07:52 AM)degrimm Wrote: anyone find the conversation between eve and trubel weird bcos this is the second time such convo is taking place;
i believe one of them truly has an idea of how season 4 ending went down cos there are a lot of loop holes in that finale starting from trubel @ the trailer finding a pic of hundeagar not burnt there to being the one that shot juliette/eve and juliette.eve wanting to die first instead of killing nick if truly she came back to kill nick

I took the Eve/Trubel conversation as a means to express, without slapping viewers in the face with it, the change in Eve since their first conversation about Nick & Adalind.

If it was to be foretelling, the meaning went over my head.Shy

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - degrimm - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 11:05 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(05-14-2016, 09:22 AM)speakeasy Wrote:

Greenwalt and/or Kouf said in a interview that parts of episodes and the storyline were rewritten because they didn’t think the originals were working. Could be that up to ‘Eve of Destruction’ they were going for the Nick/Adalind/Meisner triangle, and then decided for some reason that wouldn’t work. Because it wasn’t until Nick announced he was going to Germany that Adalind suddenly fell madly in love with him and his distrust of her suddenly backtracked to their earlier adversarial status.

So maybe it was decided that in order to keep Nick as the center piece, Nick/Adalind/Meisner would need to be rewritten as Adalind/Nick/Eve-Juliette.

My personal opinion only, no disrespect to any relationship shipping - I don’t see a believable scenario where Adalind & Meisner have the opportunity to kindle the attraction realized in S3 and Adalind choosing Nick for any reason other than he’s stationary/predictable as opposed to Meisner being a mercenary & going where the action is, and Nick being Kelly’s father.

you could be right but i think from the moment adalind slept with nick and she was pregnant, there was certain to be an obvious battle;

right about now there is no eve-juliette thing, i don't know where people are bringing that up or getting that info. i went back to look at all convo where she showed concern and i thought it was primarily for hadrian wall purpose;

i think i can see from the moment kelly was born, was a situation where adalind would have to make a choice btw renard&diana and nick&kelly of which whatever choice she makes, one will lose his child.

eve-juliette/nick would never work as long as he has a memory of juliette betrayal and has an opportunity to have a family with adalind. maybe eve-juliette goes bad like diana to get nick back still which i think is highly impossible but u can't say about this writers.