Grimm Forum
S5E20 - Bad Night - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E20 - Bad Night (/Thread-S5E20-Bad-Night)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Robyn - 05-14-2016

The writers are using the same technique as they have from the beginning - move Nick & company story lines along and create drama via lack of awareness, communication, and planning.

Team Grimm & HW had the necessary intel to at the very least make a concerted effort to circumvent Adalind taking Kelly & going to Renard. It could have likely been avoided with Nick going home and him & Adalind coming completely clean with each other. Nick going to work after talking to HW and HW not putting surveillance on Adalind was planned lack of reaction in order to create an unfettered path to planned drama. The only smart move came from Meisner but it was too late to make a difference. Despite wanting to help Nick he refused to let HW take part in a foolish plan to storm the house to get Kelly because he knew it was doomed to fail.

BC is an organization of people that are passionate and determined about their cause that utilizes uninterrupted communication and strategy. Even unexpected events have planned recourse - Zuri’s capture wasn’t anticipated, but with one phone call a plan was put into action that could lead BC to the HW compound.

The juxtaposition of Team Grimm / HW and BC are blaring. And for me, it was difficult to care about Nick’s personal drama when Team Grimm is stumbling along as though it’s S1 and HW is failing to live up to any of the hype.

Kelly being taken from Nick in S5 is a conspicuous mirror of Diana being taken from Adalind in S3. I would say the striking difference is that Adalind had no one while Nick is surrounded by a sympathetic & loyal support group, but for now at least, that doesn’t seem to be making much difference.

Diana - whoa mamma. I understand why Greenwalt & Kouf decided to go with an older version of the character. Diana’s power, behavior, and total lack of empathy would have been difficult, and even more icky, for the younger version in the S4 finale to pull off, especially considering her antics in the upcoming finale.

When Bonaparte was talking to Adalind about Nick’s whereabouts, I noticed that Diana was intently focused on the conversation. Could it be it’s Diana manipulating Bonaparte more than Bonaparte/BC cajoling Diana into their plan?

I wonder if we’ll ever know, and I really doubt we will, whether Diana would be the way she is no matter her life, or if she’s the result of being taken multiple times by various factions and sent off to live with strangers. It’s a situation encountered when children stay in the foster system too long - shifted from place to place, family to family, and never truly belonging anywhere or with anyone.

Renard - I’m worried about what Greenwalt & Kouf have planned. The character is much too interesting to lose, but his actions & objective have been too out in the open for them to be swept under the rug, even for Greenwalt & Kouf and Team Grimm. And as I write this I know it’s completely possible that Renard will manipulate everyone into believing he was a hero all along and it was Adalind doing all the bad & evil with BC.

Adalind - OMG. Considering what the show could have in store for her, I almost wish she’d be the planned character death. Almost. I’ve worried she would get pregnant by Nick again, or get pregnant by Renard, or just get pregnant and not be sure if it’s Renard’s or Nick’s. Adalind maybe pregnant with Nick’s second child while Nick & Eve/Juliette are doing whatever the show has planned for them is soap opera writing 101. Two pregnancies in two seasons is more than enough.

Meisner - a shell of the original character. If he dies defending the HW compound, the impact of his death on viewers could hardly be more than the expected mourning of the first soldier down.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Kathryn Wooten - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 06:02 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: One thing I liked was Trubel telling Nick she was on his side no matter what HW said. I still wonder if Alexander might show either this season of next and add to the scooby's as a surprise to BC. So much for Zuri thanking Hank for this protection of her and her brother that didn't count for much so looks like if you aren't BC no wesen owes a human anything. Noted Renard says the new wesen control world would be more primitive. Was kind of surprised that he didn't want the royals to rule but is ok with wesen rule.

Only Because Unlike the Royals taking over ..Sean will rule over the Wesens in Portland as he is 2nd in command

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - degrimm - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 07:16 AM)Robyn Wrote: The writers are using the same technique as they have from the beginning - move Nick & company story lines along and create drama via lack of awareness, communication, and planning.

Team Grimm & HW had the necessary intel to at the very least make a concerted effort to circumvent Adalind taking Kelly & going to Renard. It could have likely been avoided with Nick going home and him & Adalind coming completely clean with each other. Nick going to work after talking to HW and HW not putting surveillance on Adalind was planned lack of reaction in order to create an unfettered path to planned drama. The only smart move came from Meisner but it was too late to make a difference. Despite wanting to help Nick he refused to let HW take part in a foolish plan to storm the house to get Kelly because he knew it was doomed to fail.

BC is an organization of people that are passionate and determined about their cause that utilizes uninterrupted communication and strategy. Even unexpected events have planned recourse - Zuri’s capture wasn’t anticipated, but with one phone call a plan was put into action that could lead BC to the HW compound.

The juxtaposition of Team Grimm / HW and BC are blaring. And for me, it was difficult to care about Nick’s personal drama when Team Grimm is stumbling along as though it’s S1 and HW is failing to live up to any of the hype.

Kelly being taken from Nick in S5 is a conspicuous mirror of Diana being taken from Adalind in S3. I would say the striking difference is that Adalind had no one while Nick is surrounded by a sympathetic & loyal support group, but for now at least, that doesn’t seem to be making much difference.

Diana - whoa mamma. I understand why Greenwalt & Kouf decided to go with an older version of the character. Diana’s power, behavior, and total lack of empathy would have been difficult, and even more icky, for the younger version in the S4 finale to pull off, especially considering her antics in the upcoming finale.

When Bonaparte was talking to Adalind about Nick’s whereabouts, I noticed that Diana was intently focused on the conversation. Could it be it’s Diana manipulating Bonaparte more than Bonaparte/BC cajoling Diana into their plan?

I wonder if we’ll ever know, and I really doubt we will, whether Diana would be the way she is no matter her life, or if she’s the result of being taken multiple times by various factions and sent off to live with strangers. It’s a situation encountered when children stay in the foster system too long - shifted from place to place, family to family, and never truly belonging anywhere or with anyone.

Renard - I’m worried about what Greenwalt & Kouf have planned. The character is much too interesting to lose, but his actions & objective have been too out in the open for them to be swept under the rug, even for Greenwalt & Kouf and Team Grimm. And as I write this I know it’s completely possible that Renard will manipulate everyone into believing he was a hero all along and it was Adalind doing all the bad & evil with BC.

Adalind - OMG. Considering what the show could have in store for her, I almost wish she’d be the planned character death. Almost. I’ve worried she would get pregnant by Nick again, or get pregnant by Renard, or just get pregnant and not be sure if it’s Renard’s or Nick’s. Adalind maybe pregnant with Nick’s second child while Nick & Eve/Juliette are doing whatever the show has planned for them is soap opera writing 101. Two pregnancies in two seasons is more than enough.

Meisner - a shell of the original character. If he dies defending the HW compound, the impact of his death on viewers could hardly be more than the expected mourning of the first soldier down.

it just occured to me that adalind is either the most fertile female on this show or only one with ovaries; rosalee, juliette,rachel and other random females have had sex in this show and none ever resulted in even an almost pregnancy except adalind; this show give another person a baby.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Kathryn Wooten - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 07:45 AM)degrimm Wrote:
(05-14-2016, 07:16 AM)Robyn Wrote: The writers are using the same technique as they have from the beginning - move Nick & company story lines along and create drama via lack of awareness, communication, and planning.

it just occured to me that adalind is either the most fertile female on this show or only one with ovaries; rosalee, juliette,rachel and other random females have had sex in this show and none ever resulted in even an almost pregnancy except adalind; this show give another person a baby.

That what Sasha said to lol....you would think Rachel would be I doubt..kinky wog sex has a condom attached to it

anyone find the conversation between eve and trubel weird bcos this is the second time such convo is taking place;
i believe one of them truly has an idea of how season 4 ending went down cos there are a lot of loop holes in that finale starting from trubel @ the trailer finding a pic of hundeagar not burnt there to being the one that shot juliette/eve and juliette.eve wanting to die first instead of killing nick if truly she came back to kill nick

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - FaceInTheCrowd - 05-14-2016

Am I the only one who thinks that maybe Zuri's front door closing wasn't just an accident? Because if you think about it, what use would Hank's phone data be to BC? Yes, Wu told Hank he shouldn't use his phone, but that was a precaution; we really don't know if the phone is now bugged. But now that Zuri has been exposed and taken to HW, BC now knows where they are.

(05-14-2016, 07:52 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Am I the only one who thinks that maybe Zuri's front door closing wasn't just an accident? Because if you think about it, what use would Hank's phone data be to BC? Yes, Wu told Hank he shouldn't use his phone, but that was a precaution; we really don't know if the phone is now bugged. But now that Zuri has been exposed and taken to HW, BC now knows where they are.

i thought as much too if you remember bonaparte talking on the phone @ the end of the show when he said if zuri was taken then they know where she is. either tony telemarte or zuri had to be taken by HW for them to find their location.
Hank's phone calls,messages and other data on his phone are important to get the scooby doo gang weaknesses and maybe possible locations.
their phone has to be bugged or else another villain isn't living up to their reputation just as the royals. one king gets killed and none of the royal family comes fighting back or comes to look for the keys- 7 royal family group for that matter. the story of the royal families just breaks down like that.

honestly what is adalind doing with BC and renard? her reason was to protect nick and her children.
yet she isn't even using her position to collect info and find a way to warn nick about bonaparte intentions; unless they actually want nick to save adalind, this is just a stupid use of adalind powers coming back if she actually wants to use it to do good.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - New Guy - 05-14-2016

Hi Forum,
There has been recent comment about Monroe's work habits. In 5.20 there is a scene of him working on a watch. IMO, Monroe is a Master of His Craft. He is also one Bada** Blutbad.
[Image: tumblr_mlbm0wSk9j1r2xgzbo2_500.gif]
Cheers,
New Guy

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - speakeasy - 05-14-2016

Jury's still out on how I liked the episode until I get to see it a second time, but a few things came across. I keep wondering why so much dialogue about the smelly dead cat in Tony's car trunk. Maybe Monroe will sniff him out by the scent, but that seems unlikely because he could detect Tony's wesen scent just as easily. Could be that Tony uses it to disguise his own scent, or maybe he just has a taste for roadkill, seems the type. Anyway, it was good to see old Franco, one of Portland's honest-to-goodness finest, in a scene in this episode.

Nick has a foot in two worlds, both wesen and kehrseite; but he is human in both forms. So are Hexenbiests and Zauberbiests, unlike all other wesen I can recall. Maybe that is why there are no known H's and Z's in the BC wesen ranks except Renard. Makes me hope he's playing double agent. I don't count Adalind because she's participating under duress. It's also why I doubt Nick will be able to throw in with BC other than to go along to rescue Kelly.

It's very significant to me that Nick showed Trubel where the stick is and that she would be the only one who could get it if something happens to him. That thing needs to be destroyed; no group, human or wesen, has evolved enough to wield it.

Hank is the best, but he just can't catch a break with the ladies; when's he gonna learn that messing with wesen just isn't for him. Probably has something to do with narrowing the field of romantic choices, because of course, say it all together now: it's Portland. Big Grin

I'm thinking Wu may be the original cast member to die, perhaps in an attempt to save one of the other Scoobie gang.

The choice between the Hadrian's Wall contingent and Black Claw is an easy one for me, it's HW. The stated mission goal for BC is a world dominated by wesen and after Renard's admission that it would be a more primitive one, the chances for humans to resist wesen subjugation don't auger well, imo. I'm in all the way with HW's fight to stop BC from succeeding, with an eye to acknowledging wesen rights as part of a new scheme of things.

so we can pretty much assume that meisner daydreaming of adalind was a practical waste of screen time in episode 6;

then adalind and meisner look in episode 4 was another waste of screen time to throw us off the scent of what their intentions were as regards to writing