Grimm Forum
S5E20 - Bad Night - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E20 - Bad Night (/Thread-S5E20-Bad-Night)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - dicappatore - 11-16-2018

(11-15-2018, 11:19 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Yes, but those few days were supposed to be centered around an election held in the usual November timeframe. They just messed with the timeline when they had Renard's phone show Jan 6.

You shouldn't rely on anything you see in the Grimm wiki except transcripts and screen captures, btw.

Face, your point is useless. Who gives a shitz on when things happened in the show compared to actual dates. You are sort of arguing against your self. The point of this discussion is to determine the time lapsed as we watch the show. It does not matter if the election dated or inauguration dates don't match the real world dates. You missed the point of this discussion. The actual point is to determine the time line spent as we see the characters interact.

If they shoot a scene of a character going to bed on a particular night and the next morning scene is shot 3 or four days later or a month or two is insignificant. That night time laps, for those two scenes, is still one night and not 3 days or 3 months it took to shoot those scenes.

(11-15-2018, 08:06 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: 3rd cousins share a great-great-grandparent.

https://www.familytreemagazine.com/premium/how-to-calculate-cousinhood/

Click on the chart for a bigger image.

So I assumed a cousin's child is a 2nd cousin to the parents 1st cousin. Then 3rd cousin to the child of the parents 1st cousin. Thats how it was explained to me years ago. So I guess I was off by one generation and what Nick and Trubel had were common great-great-grandparents.

Where I grew up as a child I was told to call my parents cousins, aunt and uncles and their Kids, just cousins. If our grandparents were cousins then we referred to them of more of a 'fratiello", a dialect form of the Italian word "fratello" meaning 'brother" but the dialect name was more of a reference to another definition of the word brethren, as someone you would refer to as a same member of a club or association such as "Knights of Columbus" or "Freemason".

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Henry of green - 11-16-2018

(11-15-2018, 11:19 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Yes, but those few days were supposed to be centered around an election held in the usual November timeframe. They just messed with the timeline when they had Renard's phone show Jan 6.

You shouldn't rely on anything you see in the Grimm wiki except transcripts and screen captures, btw.

Face, at least Grimm wiki give an explanation of why this is the correct timeline using information given to them from the show. Your just telling me about when things were shot which has absolutely nothing to do with what happen on screen. Btw I actually find Grimm wiki to be very reliable as even the writers admitted to using the site in one of thier interviews. Though I have got to say your October and November timeline makes a lot more sense unfortunately the show itself though seems to date it taking place in May via multiple dates seen during late season 5.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - eric - 11-16-2018

Thanks to all for the relationship answers. I live in an area where my family has lived since 1765. Most of the offspring live about 30 miles from where the first settlement was. Families that have been here a while are related someway to everyone in the area. And there is a lot of people who look like someone else. Guess this means Nick and Truble could have married and the odds are good that their kids would be Grimms.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - brandon - 11-16-2018

That would not have been so good.
Problems may arise with people from the same family.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - FaceInTheCrowd - 11-16-2018

25 states allow marriage between first cousins. No bans at all on more distant relations.

I can't help wondering if that explains a lot of what I see on the news...

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - eric - 11-16-2018

(11-16-2018, 10:18 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: 25 states allow marriage between first cousins. No bans at all on more distant relations.

I can't help wondering if that explains a lot of what I see on the news...
I think we can all agree 1st cousins probably would be a bad idea, by 3rd the shared genetic material would be watered down.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - brandon - 11-17-2018

Not only can there be difficulties because they are close relatives, but also because of the blood type.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - dicappatore - 11-17-2018

(11-16-2018, 08:51 AM)eric Wrote: Thanks to all for the relationship answers. I live in an area where my family has lived since 1765. Most of the offspring live about 30 miles from where the first settlement was. Families that have been here a while are related someway to everyone in the area. And there is a lot of people who look like someone else. Guess this means Nick and Truble could have married and the odds are good that their kids would be Grimms.

Eric, The region I was born in is dotted with small towns. It's non-political area name is Irpina, in the region of Campania, Italy. My town of birth dates back to the 1200 hundreds and sports a current population of around 450. Probably a third more 50 years ago. I recall wondering what side to sit at weddings, since most of the times, both sides were extended relatives of mines, 3rd or 4th cousins. Town folks actually looked forward when some married folks from neighboring towns. As long as they weren't also related.

My surname is comes from a great-great-grandparent from from a neighboring town that relocated to my town. Given the current populations of these towns, I should be referring them as villages. Some of these villages were under 15 kilometers away. So, yea, I had relatives and attended wedding in those towns too. I remember one of my rich cousin wedding reception being held outdoors under a large grape pergola in the town of Pompeii.

My Italian-American wife is 50% Neapolitan, 25% Genoese and 25% Calabrese. So my kids are not inbred

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - eric - 11-18-2018

(11-17-2018, 08:28 PM)dicappatore Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 08:51 AM)eric Wrote: Thanks to all for the relationship answers. I live in an area where my family has lived since 1765. Most of the offspring live about 30 miles from where the first settlement was. Families that have been here a while are related someway to everyone in the area. And there is a lot of people who look like someone else. Guess this means Nick and Truble could have married and the odds are good that their kids would be Grimms.

Eric, The region I was born in is dotted with small towns. It's non-political area name is Irpina, in the region of Campania, Italy. My town of birth dates back to the 1200 hundreds and sports a current population of around 450. Probably a third more 50 years ago. I recall wondering what side to sit at weddings, since most of the times, both sides were extended relatives of mines, 3rd or 4th cousins. Town folks actually looked forward when some married folks from neighboring towns. As long as they weren't also related.

My surname is comes from a great-great-grandparent from from a neighboring town that relocated to my town. Given the current populations of these towns, I should be referring them as villages. Some of these villages were under 15 kilometers away. So, yea, I had relatives and attended wedding in those towns too. I remember one of my rich cousin wedding reception being held outdoors under a large grape pergola in the town of Pompeii.

My Italian-American wife is 50% Neapolitan, 25% Genoese and 25% Calabrese. So my kids are not inbred
I am not calling anyone "inbred", an exam of my family tree shows several people listed more than once. Myself, I went to another time zone to procure a mate, altho since her family comes from Northern Europe we could share distant relatives. Those ads for DNA testing are funny, "I didn't know I was 25% Native American", well at least one grandparent was, it was just probably not known to the other 3 grandparentsBig Grin