Grimm Forum
S5E20 - Bad Night - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E20 - Bad Night (/Thread-S5E20-Bad-Night)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Henry of green - 11-15-2018

(11-15-2018, 07:30 AM)N_grimm Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 03:46 AM)Henry of green Wrote: I loved the scene in this episode between Trubel and Nick, Trubel telling Nick she would help him take down Renard and Nick telling Trouble about the note Adalind left him telling him she had to leave and she loved him. Also loved Trubel asking Nick point blank if he believed Adalind and him saying he did believe her. The conversion really shows the bond him and Trubel have they really would do anything for each other.

Trubel considers Nick a mentor and hero. He helped her in difficult life situation and made her understand she was a Grimm. With his mother and aunt gone, it must have meant a lot to him that she also was a Grimm.

(11-15-2018, 04:28 AM)dicappatore Wrote: For me, the bond Nick had for Trubel was clearly shown when he never hesitated to tell her about the stick. Something he hadn't told Adalind yet. As it turned out, they were related cousins.

The stick was important to the Grimms. Nick told Truble that if anything should happen to him, only she would know where it was hidden.

I would have liked to see the scene where Nick told Adalind about the stick. It would be an interesting conversation, since both had lied to each other (he about the stick and she about becoming an hexenbiest). I believe her stay with Renard had convinced Nick that he could trust Adalind 100 percent.

Yes because in season 6 we know he trust Adalind completely, as he revels everything about the stick to her, but unfortunately the stick revel between them is off screen because by 6x11 she acts as if she has known about the stick for quite a while when she just causally tells nick to bring it to help Eve who has crossed through the mirror.

My guess is he told her at some point between 6x02 and 6x04 after she seen the magical cloth the stick was wraped in.

I also loved Trubels reaction in this episode when Nick said Adalind told him she loved him, Trubels response oh that I knew already it wasn’t hard to tell, it was a straight call back to the scene where Adalind is left like a speechless school girl with a crush when Trubel asks in 5x06 if she loves Nick.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - brandon - 11-15-2018

That conversation about the stick was not seen,although I do not consider it important enough to have been given.
They would have talked about what viewers already knew.
Adalind would need more time to realize his love for Nick.
I liked the scene where Eva says it for Nick, when he still did not want to admit it.( 6×2).

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - dicappatore - 11-15-2018

(11-15-2018, 07:09 AM)eric Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 04:28 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 03:46 AM)Henry of green Wrote: I loved the scene in this episode between Trubel and Nick, Trubel telling Nick she would help him take down Renard and Nick telling Trouble about the note Adalind left him telling him she had to leave and she loved him. Also loved Trubel asking Nick point blank if he believed Adalind and him saying he did believe her. The conversion really shows the bond him and Trubel have they really would do anything for each other.

For me, the bond Nick had for Trubel was clearly shown when he never hesitated to tell her about the stick. Something he hadn't told Adalind yet. As it turned out, they were related cousins.
Just curious, where in the show is it stated they were cousins. We never saw the Rubel page, Truble's name was not on Nick's family page. I know people say they "look alike", but so what? A lot of people confuse me with others because they look like me, I keep saying "He's not me and I don't owe you that money".Big Grin

eric, S6,E13, in the ending epilogue narrated by grown up Kelly as the episode ends.

See it below:

[suspenseful music] Where did this come from? He didn't know what to tell them.
But this time Zerstoerer did not come through the mirror anywhere in the world Because in the final, epic battle with the terrible beast from the Other Place, Nick Burkhardt discovered that the only way to defeat such evil was with the strength of his blood, his Aunt Marie, his mother Kelly, and Trubel, his third cousin on his mother's side the power of our ancestors.
And though the people of our world would never know how close they had come to hell on Earth, we knew, because he never turned away from who he was, a Grimm.
And for that reason, the world was changed.
Some will say it's just myth, legend, or fairy tale, but I know it's true because my father told me so.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - FaceInTheCrowd - 11-15-2018

Grimm takes place in an alternative reality with different schedules than our own. In our universe, the current mayor of Portland was elected in May of 2016 and took office on Dec 30 of the same year. But in the Grimmiverse, on January 6 of 2017 Renard is still not the mayor, so why can't Portland have its mayoral election in late December?

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - dicappatore - 11-15-2018

(11-15-2018, 02:36 PM)dicappatore Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 07:09 AM)eric Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 04:28 AM)dicappatore Wrote:

For me, the bond Nick had for Trubel was clearly shown when he never hesitated to tell her about the stick. Something he hadn't told Adalind yet. As it turned out, they were related cousins.
Just curious, where in the show is it stated they were cousins. We never saw the Rubel page, Truble's name was not on Nick's family page. I know people say they "look alike", but so what? A lot of people confuse me with others because they look like me, I keep saying "He's not me and I don't owe you that money".Big Grin

eric, S6,E13, in the ending epilogue narrated by grown up Kelly as the episode ends.

See it below:

[suspenseful music] Where did this come from? He didn't know what to tell them.
But this time Zerstoerer did not come through the mirror anywhere in the world Because in the final, epic battle with the terrible beast from the Other Place, Nick Burkhardt discovered that the only way to defeat such evil was with the strength of his blood, his Aunt Marie, his mother Kelly, and Trubel, his third cousin on his mother's side the power of our ancestors.
And though the people of our world would never know how close they had come to hell on Earth, we knew, because he never turned away from who he was, a Grimm.
And for that reason, the world was changed.
Some will say it's just myth, legend, or fairy tale, but I know it's true because my father told me so.

BTW eric, if my calculations are correct and Trubel was Nick's 3rd cousin on his mother's side? It would make her a 2nd cousin to his mother Kelly. That would make Trubel's mom a 1st cousin to Nick's mom Kelly. This would make Nicks and Trubel's grandparents have the same parents. So Nick and Trubel had the same great grandparents? Check me if I am wrong.

3rd cousins share a great-great-grandparent.

https://www.familytreemagazine.com/premium/how-to-calculate-cousinhood/

Click on the chart for a bigger image.

(11-15-2018, 05:26 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Grimm takes place in an alternative reality with different schedules than our own. In our universe, the current mayor of Portland was elected in May of 2016 and took office on Dec 30 of the same year. But in the Grimmiverse, on January 6 of 2017 Renard is still not the mayor, so why can't Portland have its mayoral election in late December?

Face, in the Grimm universe the fugtive clearly takes place in May 2016 considering both Rachel and Boneparte die in may of 2016 and fugtive takes place a few seconds after Bonepartes death so why would Renard be sworn in yet. The January 6th date is cleary just an error unless you think there was an 8 month time jump between Bonepartes death and nick and Renard standing over his corpse. Also in the fugtive Renard is still the captain of the precinct he hasn’t even left that job yet.

Bad Night was shot the first week of March (the fog and rain you see on the screen seldom happen in May). The first three episodes of S06 were shot in August, but everyone was costumed for Fall. The original intent was for everything to take place around Grimm's usual season opening (Halloween week).

(11-15-2018, 11:03 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Bad Night was shot the first week of March (the fog and rain you see on the screen seldom happen in May). The first three episodes of S06 were shot in August, but everyone was costumed for Fall. The original intent was for everything to take place around Grimm's usual season opening (Halloween week).

Face that doesn’t change the fact that episode 19 until episode 22 clearly takes place over barely two days and boneparte dies seconds before the fugitive , Grimm wiki backs that up with evidence from the show. Yes they may well have planned to air the season in October but Boneparte died in summer and fugitive takes place right after his death.

Yes, but those few days were supposed to be centered around an election held in the usual November timeframe. They just messed with the timeline when they had Renard's phone show Jan 6.

You shouldn't rely on anything you see in the Grimm wiki except transcripts and screen captures, btw.