Grimm Forum
S5E20 - Bad Night - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E20 - Bad Night (/Thread-S5E20-Bad-Night)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - izzy - 05-17-2016

(05-17-2016, 07:21 AM)irukandji Wrote: I'm probably one of the few that doesn't find David Giuntoli charismatic. Not trying to be mean here, but I have a really hard time believing Juliette or Adalind could ever fall in love with him. He looks like a very nice guy in real life, but on the screen there's just not a lot there, even after five years.
#1 I must apologize for the number of typos in that post, good grief!
#2 re your comments: LOL...yep. I agree. My personally view is Giuntoli is bit on the sweet side. He is trying to buff himself out, maybe hoping for an action role in the future, but, well...good luck with that. But charisma is the only explanation I could find for Nick's ability to get people to assist him. But like you , I do not see Nick as a charismatic character, nor that actor who plays him.

Quote:The only way I could see Nick being retooled is through a major storyline, like a revolution. After that, I'm with you. Punishment is a must for Nick. In my opinion, he needs to atone more than any other character on Grimm. I laughed when I read your example of Warden Norton from the Shawshank Redemption. I actually never considered that kind of redemption for his character.

Historically men could restore their honor in a couple of ways, depending on the circumstances. To restore the family name, suicide was expected. For individual honor, dueling was another (I could write a treatise on this), note it did not have to actually be fatal matter, it could be but a test of convictions or courage. However with a honor-suicide a note was required for it to generally count.

Kindest regards...

(05-17-2016, 08:03 AM)Robyn Wrote: out there. For now Adalind might be content with mediocre sex because she views it as lovemaking, an intimate connection, something she hasn't experienced before, but at some point Adalind is going to miss the hot, sweaty explosion she’s not getting.

And God gave men the intellect to invent the Sybian for their women, so pathetic rooster-manship could be compensated for...LOL.

(05-17-2016, 08:50 AM)irukandji Wrote: I get the feeling they won't end up together. I don't think Nick could forgive Adalind for taking Kelly and screwing around with Sean.

I don't know, maybe Nick is a cuckold? I mean he clearly doesn't mind going where Hank, Renard, Renard's brother and maybe a stray dog or two had ventured before him. It is one thing for a woman to have an anonymous past, but very different when you have to face a portion of their past on a day to day basis and in particular when you are not talking past relationships, but rather just a meaningless bump and grind.

What is even more disturbing, is I don't see anyone acting like a friend to Nick in this regard. In real life even a female friend would intervene and have sitdown with you, much less your male friends.

Moreover, in my days, if a guy rolled with you, he was a reflection on you. If some guy was hitting on your buddy's girl and he did not have the testicular fortitude to handle it, you were the one who had to thrown down. After that you needed to reassess your buddy and likely throw him to the curb.

Given the lack of reaction, it makes me think Nick really is very isolated in terms of relationships; as in he has no real friends.. Even his partner doesn't treat him as a friend. When Nick and Monroe were on that preposterous treasure hunt and Nick tells Monroe he slept with Adalind...after a few awkward moments Monroe asks Nick if he is in love with her. Nick vacillates on the answer and Monroe just lets it drop. When your buddy's answer to the question are you in love with the local community-chest is " I don't know" your immediate follow-up is to to do everything you can to dissuade the relationship from developing in that direction. It is not to sit in silence. Sitting in silence is what an acquaintance does not your friend. Heck, I almost feel empathy for Nick.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - New Guy - 05-18-2016

(05-17-2016, 08:27 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Before BC was brought in, Grimm was moving toward an ultimate conflict between Nick and friends and the world domination-seeking royals over the treasure of the seven grimms, with Renard's uncertain loyalties the potential spoiler. Sound familiar?

Whether that would have happened in Portland or in Pseudo Austria is anyone's guess, but not having to make Portland neighborhoods look like Austria would certainly have been less expensive to film.
Hi Face,
You are likely correct. Low Budget Grimm dropped the Royals in Austria plot for BC in Portland. Money, Money, Money.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkhX5W7JoWI
New Guy

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - jsgrimm45 - 05-18-2016

One thing we may be missing because we have no clues in a way, but we do in anther way. The royals in season 4 ended but the Royals, Grimms, and wesen had a meeting setting up the wesen council so will the unit with Nick and company? Could the verrat be sent to Portland to help against BC? I have posted that the royals were the power behind BC now I going with maybe not they could turn the battle.

Thoughts ideas?

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Rotkäppchen - 05-18-2016

I'm still holding out hope that Sebastian shows up. It was never clear if he was shot dead or just injured when he went out that window after the BC operative entered his room when he was on the phone with Rosalee. Nobody has heard from him since. He could have gone underground and gotten backup. I really hope that they don't leave that hanging wide open - then again, they do like to open doors and forget to close them. But if Monroe dies and Sebastian returns how will that work with Rosalee who may possibly be pregnant. Or if she is sick and she feels that she is going to die anyway or if she just happens to be in the crosshairs and dies - that sets Monroe up as wanting vengeance too. I mean, Rosalee would not be dead if not for their good "friend" Nick - the Grimm. Shifting alliances again. Things are moving around on a chess board. Or after Conrad really comes clean about all that he wants/BC wants beside world domination could that shift and change alliances too? Does it make Wu think well, you know what, maybe I do belong with them now or does it move RoRoe to question where their loyalties lie? Or JuEve for that matter? Meisner is dead I feel confident on that. As Truebel says "we're all that's left to fight BC" not verbatim but I feel like hey it's all of them (ALL) against the what, six or seven of them?

And I keep watching the throw the window scene. I said this after it was first shown too - every one keeps saying Renard throws Nick through a window. I keep watching it and it looks like Renard goes through. But it's so quick and I've slowed it down on the tv and on the clip online. Unless there are two window scenes in his office LOL who knows.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - jsgrimm45 - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 06:53 AM)Rotkäppchen Wrote: I'm still holding out hope that Sebastian shows up. It was never clear if he was shot dead or just injured when he went out that window after the BC operative entered his room when he was on the phone with Rosalee. Nobody has heard from him since. He could have gone underground and gotten backup. I really hope that they don't leave that hanging wide open - then again, they do like to open doors and forget to close them. But if Monroe dies and Sebastian returns how will that work with Rosalee who may possibly be pregnant. Or if she is sick and she feels that she is going to die anyway or if she just happens to be in the crosshairs and dies - that sets Monroe up as wanting vengeance too. I mean, Rosalee would not be dead if not for their good "friend" Nick - the Grimm. Shifting alliances again. Things are moving around on a chess board. Or after Conrad really comes clean about all that he wants/BC wants beside world domination could that shift and change alliances too? Does it make Wu think well, you know what, maybe I do belong with them now or does it move RoRoe to question where their loyalties lie? Or JuEve for that matter? Meisner is dead I feel confident on that. As Truebel says "we're all that's left to fight BC" not verbatim but I feel like hey it's all of them (ALL) against the what, six or seven of them?

And I keep watching the throw the window scene. I said this after it was first shown too - every one keeps saying Renard throws Nick through a window. I keep watching it and it looks like Renard goes through. But it's so quick and I've slowed it down on the tv and on the clip online. Unless there are two window scenes in his office LOL who knows.
I think you mean Alexander from the wesen council I've been waiting for him all season. I do think it's Nick threw the window but that doesn't mean that will stop Nick I think the other wesen police will step in when they see Nick getting the upper hand with their guy.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Robyn - 05-18-2016

(05-17-2016, 09:42 PM)izzy Wrote: after a few awkward moments Monroe asks Nick if he is in love with her. Nick vacillates on the answer and Monroe just lets it drop. When your buddy's answer to the question are you in love with the local community-chest is " I don't know" your immediate follow-up is to to do everything you can to dissuade the relationship from developing in that direction. It is not to sit in silence. Sitting in silence is what an acquaintance does not your friend. Heck, I almost feel empathy for Nick.
But isn't this how all conversations go on Grimm? The same conversation/information rehashed multiples times but little to nothing ever resolved.

The minute Adalind used the L word Nick should have taken the conversation out of the bedroom. This was not the time for all the blood to drain from the upper head. It would have been different if the conversation had been - you want it - I want it - what's the big deal.

Nick chose to stick his candle in the hot wax. Don't come crying when it burns. Tongue

I don't disagree with Adalind's past, but that her future is permanently fixed by her past indicates no one can change and move forward. If that's the case, considering that Monroe once embraced his predator nature, hunted and killed, should he ever be trusted not to revert to his primal nature and become dangerous again? Or is the issue that Adalind's past liaisons include Nick and Hank?

I have a friend who dated brothers. One was casual, she married the other. Everybody is happy. If the issue with Adalind is her evil doings, people can change. If the issue is casual sex with multiple partners then Nick needs to find an unopened box of wax to stick his wick in and let Adalind get on with her life.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Kathryn Wooten - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 07:23 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 06:53 AM)Rotkäppchen Wrote: I'm still holding out hope that Sebastian shows up. It was never clear if he was shot dead or just injured when he went out that window after the BC operative entered his room when he was on the phone with Rosalee. Nobody has heard from him since. He could have gone underground and gotten backup. I really hope that they don't leave that hanging wide open - then again, they do like to open doors and forget to close them. But if Monroe dies and Sebastian returns how will that work with Rosalee who may possibly be pregnant. Or if she is sick and she feels that she is going to die anyway or if she just happens to be in the crosshairs and dies - that sets Monroe up as wanting vengeance too. I mean, Rosalee would not be dead if not for their good "friend" Nick - the Grimm. Shifting alliances again. Things are moving around on a chess board. Or after Conrad really comes clean about all that he wants/BC wants beside world domination could that shift and change alliances too? Does it make Wu think well, you know what, maybe I do belong with them now or does it move RoRoe to question where their loyalties lie? Or JuEve for that matter? Meisner is dead I feel confident on that. As Truebel says "we're all that's left to fight BC" not verbatim but I feel like hey it's all of them (ALL) against the what, six or seven of them?

I think you mean Alexander from the wesen council I've been waiting for him all season. I do think it's Nick threw the window but that doesn't mean that will stop Nick I think the other wesen police will step in when they see Nick getting the upper hand with their guy.

the 2nd promo with more ivideo info , you can see Nick swing , miss and Renard grabs him from the side and toss him out of the glass window

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - izzy - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 07:25 AM)Robyn Wrote: The minute Adalind used the L word Nick should have taken the conversation out of the bedroom. This was not the time for all the blood to drain from the upper head. It would have been different if the conversation had been - you want it - I want it - what's the big deal.

I quite agree. That being said, my view of Nick, based on what we have seen on the show, is not only an emotionally immature/damaged person, but also to a large extent an arrested adolescent. Nick age belies the level of a maturation you would expect, especially given hi position.

As you pointed out, a woman says that, it serious conversation time, especially when you are dealing with a woman who says I love you and disrobes at the same time.

Note that Nick's conversation with Monroe did not start off with, Adelind told me she loves me, no it was "I slept with Adelind". Notice Monroe (a sentient, self-aware human being) asked the pertinent question, i.e.: are you in love with her.

So apparently a little kitty access with Nick, overshadows the larger, emotional issue,especially with a woman who has indicated she is vulnerable emotionally and has made horrible choices with men in the past. But what the heck, let's nail her again. Surely that will be harmless. 10 bucks says was no birth control was used and the only reason Adalind does not get knocked up again is she is saved by the age old hormone effect of lactation.

Quote:Nick chose to stick his candle in the hot wax. Don't come crying when it burns. Tongue

LOL...oh gosh my sides hurt I am laughing so hard.

Quote:I don't disagree with Adalind's past, but that her future is permanently fixed by her past indicates no one can change and move forward. If that's the case, considering that Monroe once embraced his predator nature, hunted and killed, should he ever be trusted not to revert to his primal nature and become dangerous again? Or is the issue that Adalind's past liaisons include Nick and Hank?

A few things: People can change. But saying I love you, taking off you clothes and spreading your legs, tells me the past you are still very confused about adult relationships and what matters and that in effect the past is still very much alive.

But really the issues, from a male perspective is Adalind was with Hank (his partner) and Renard, his superior, not to mention his enemy in the from of the Royals. But the two former are a big issue. It signals something about you as a male and it is nothing other males are going to respect. Moreover, it is likely everyone at the station knows about Hank and Adalind, and possibly Renard and Adalind.

Quote: If the issue is casual sex with multiple partners then Nick needs to find an unopened box of wax to stick his wick in and let Adalind get on with her life.

It has far less to do with the number and far more to do with the depth of the relationship and the relationship Nick, himself has with the men involved. It really boils down to, you had very casual sex with my boss and had his baby, and you did my partner in a very callous fashion...that has cuckold, submissive, latent homosexual or something akin written all over it. Once again the issue is not the number, it is the depth of the relationships and with whom in relation to Nick.

Thank you for the engaging dialogue.

Cheers...

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - degrimm - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 12:37 PM)izzy Wrote: [quote='Robyn' pid='29730' dateline='1463581533']
Nick chose to stick his candle in the hot wax. Don't come crying when it burns. Tongue

hahahhahhaha really funny; that is how happily everafter starts from 2 people who hated each other now love each other but funny thing the last time i checked grimm has no fairy tale ending.

(05-18-2016, 07:25 AM)Robyn Wrote: If the issue is casual sex with multiple partners then Nick needs to find an unopened box of wax to stick his wick in and let Adalind get on with her life

It has far less to do with the number and far more to do with the depth of the relationship and the relationship Nick, himself has with the men involved. It really boils down to, you had very casual sex with my boss and had his baby, and you did my partner in a very callous fashion...that has cuckold, submissive, latent homosexual or something akin written all over it. Once again the issue is not the number, it is the depth of the relationships and with whom in relation to Nick.

Thank you for the engaging dialogue.

Cheers...

again yet another cliche norm in tvshows where a lady who has slept with almost all the men in the show, ends up with the main actor/the lead actor and at the end, they are in love and has been there from the beginning.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - irukandji - 05-18-2016

Quote:izzy wrote:
But really the issues, from a male perspective is Adalind was with Hank (his partner) and Renard, his superior, not to mention his enemy in the from of the Royals. But the two former are a big issue. It signals something about you as a male and it is nothing other males are going to respect. Moreover, it is likely everyone at the station knows about Hank and Adalind, and possibly Renard and Adalind.

The sad fact in all of this is that Grimm manages to completely cover these up under the guise of "magic".

Adalind's sex with Renard really doesn't count because the magic beanie baby was conceived.

Adalind's sex with Hank really doesn't count because she was trying to get the magic key.

Even her first sexual encounter with Nick doesn't count because she was really taking away his Grimm powers.

So knock three notches off the gun because it wasn't really sex, it was magic.

ETA: It's been theorized on other forums that Adalind deliberately had sex with Nick before the big treasure hunt so she could get her hexenbiest powers back.